How to remove a gap between front teeth?
Dental defect in the form of a narrow Shcherbinka between the front incisors will not please every owner.
How to remove a gap between front teeth? In addition to aesthetics, patients are justifiably concerned about the very existence of the gap and related discomfort.
A gap between front teeth – what does that mean?
In medical language is called diastema. In translation from Greek — «the distance». In childhood, the diastema is already noticeable, it is not always the baby teeth are compressed in the process of change of milk at the root, and the crack remains. Adults may gradual formation of the lumen.
In fact, the diastema is pathological. The space between the incisors can reach 1 cm, to be formed on both upper and lower dentition. Form it often resembles a triangle, also can be parallel, tapered. Often accompanied by abnormalities of the frenulum lip.
If there is a gap between the incisors is a reason for dental treatment, because in addition to the appearance of a nefarious diastema is fraught with some consequences:
- Development of paradontitis.
- Speech faults – display (violation of pronunciation of certain sounds), a Lisp, privitanie, hiss.
- Psycho-emotional discomfort.
Factors, influencing the development of the defect, is suggestive. Without causes and conditions accompanying diastema does not develop. Why it occurs?
- Hereditary or genetic cause. The lumen is formed as the parent. It is noteworthy that growing up, the child can leave the pathology.
- The presence of pronounced interdental papillae.
- Low mount to the lip frenulum, both upper and lower.
- Excessive compaction of the strand of the upper lip frenum.
- Late shift permanent teeth dairy.
- Partial adentia, which, in turn, is triggered by improper care and other conditions.
- Amputation of the tooth of the front row and the long absence of the prosthesis. In this case, the adjacent teeth shift, closing the void formed between.
- Bad habit «SIP» language, stretch it, chew on items, which leads to deformation of the jaw.
- Pathology of the periodontal.
- Pathology of dentition.
- A certain unusual for many method of eating.
- Some foods also intake of alcoholic beverages, Smoking, provoking pathology of the oral cavity.
- Microdontia, or too small the patient’s teeth, due to process genetically.
- Additional teeth.
- Congenital malformations, with slow growth of cutters and others.
Treatment of diastema should not be delayed. Dentistry offers therapy, orthopedics, orthodontics, and in rare cases requires prompt resolution.
The before and after photos
Types and classification of phenomena
- About diastema – pathology early age, seen in children, when the bite is still not fully formed. When changing the teeth may pass completely itself.
- True – the one that is preserved after the replacement of teeth and the formation of the bite, or develop in adulthood. Without timely treatment fails.
- Symmetric diastema, a phenomenon in which the Central incisors, often in the front row, change the position symmetrically to each other with the formation of clearance between them.
- Asymmetric diastema – a case in which one of the cutters is deflected in either direction, a second cutter maintains a natural position. The gap between the upper or lower teeth unequal in relation to each of them.
Classification by position of the teeth:
- Rejected crowns of incisors, roots immobile, retain their natural position. This position is called a displacement hull. Common cause – additional teeth. The diastema in this case rather small than big.
- The crown of incisors is not just tilted, but is displaced in space, the roots still, but curved. This lateral deviation of the crown.
- Removed and crowns and roots of teeth, or the lateral deviation roots. The reason for this phenomenon – supernumerary teeth, congenital or genetic pathologies.
Important: all of the classifications of phenomena are conditional.
How to remove diastema?
The dentist can offer the patient several solutions to the problem. The need for correction is identified by a diastema.
The basic methods of correction: artistic restoration, plastic surgical, orthodontics, surgery.
Aesthetic restoration (aesthetic masking of the defect)
Apply when such restoration therapeutic techniques. Interdental tissue is built up with a kind of insert-seal applied in several layers, hardening under ultraviolet radiation. In addition, apply veneers, inlays. The procedure has several advantages:
- The patient can choose a shade of composite material, which will be made tab.
- The filling will completely fill the lumen of the diastema.
- The procedure lasts not for long, for all manipulations required about an hour of time.
- The restoration is performed without any anesthesia, use of anesthesia is shown not in all cases, depends on the specific situation.
- The method has no contraindications.
- Care after treatment – the usual.
- The absence of complications.
- The procedure is not prohibited, if a woman becomes pregnant, if the patient is diagnosed with cancer and in some other cases.
- Restoration suitable for children.
Of the minuses: signs of treatment visible to the patient.
Surgical plastic surgery (veneers or crowns)
From the pros:
- the visual defect can be corrected completely;
- visible traces there is no cure;
- the patient selects from metalloakrilovyh, all-ceramic, metal-ceramic crowns or porcelain veneers;
- the patient may also choose the shade of the veneers;
- technique longer than cosmetic renovations, but does not require a long addiction;
- the risk of recurrence is minimized.
Of the minuses: the cost of this orthopaedic procedure for a patient can be high.
Indications for intervention are:
- abnormal size of teeth leading to diastema;
- abnormal shape of teeth.
- massive, low set bridle.
Surgical correction is also performed by excision of the soft tissue – frenulum, lips, tongue, depending on the type of pathology with an accompanying removal of teeth when necessary. After can require orthopedic, orthodontic methods of treatment.
This type of correction have some advantages over others.
- Orthodontics safe for the patient without removal of the teeth and tissues.
- Braces invisible for the correction of diastema and have an attractive look as other modern products, pursuing similar goals. Aligners are transparent and also unobtrusive.
Among the shortcomings:
- Orthodontic treatment methods are the longest of all.
- Removable items can be created using electronic technology.
- Contraindicated in children under 12 years (with caution).
Braces are barely noticeable modern plastic, ceramic, metal or composite, prepared from a cast of the jaw. They solve the problem of abnormal occlusion, teeth alignment. Some systems are attached to the rear side of the dentition, some from the language. The treatment takes different time periods, depending on the patient’s age – the older you are, the longer the treatment.
The tray advantageously distinguished by the fact that they are removable. This kind of bags for several teeth or the entire series. Matched with the help of advanced technology anatomical tooth shape (number) the required size, the shift function allows the teeth to cope with the occurrence of unnecessary gap between the teeth.
These products can be worn just before going to sleep, which is important for active adults. In addition, the special material of the product allows to whiten teeth from the inside. Before the meal trays are easily removable and do not cause discomfort.
Important: the cost of the chosen method of treatment varies considerably. The most available technique – cosmetic filling. Will cost more to close up the clearance when you choose orthodontics, the metal braces cheaper than expensive sapphire.
What you can do at home?
Some patients do not fit one or another way to get rid of the defect with the help of experts. There is a folk method of correction using ordinary sewing thread. Cut the thread length of 30 cm, tied her incisors and strong pull together, leaving in that condition overnight. This can cause discomfort.
This procedure takes from a year to a year and a half time. To fix the problem it helps partially. Still, if the patient wants to do without braces because of the aesthetic side of the issue, or surgery, it is best to get detailed advice from an orthodontist and choose from the available methods of treatment.
Video: the gap in his teeth — how to get rid of it at home without braces?
► How to know whether the gap between the teeth of a child?
It is obvious that to conduct a genealogical analysis to examine the frequency of occurrence of the defect in the family. When changing the milk teeth have to wait and replacement of teeth. Then, if we exclude the anomalies of various etiologies, to make a decision about choice of treatment, preferably not earlier than 7-10 years child.