How to stop the bleeding after tooth extraction
After a visit to the dentist is often a question of how to stop bleeding after tooth extraction. As a result of rupture of blood vessels in wresting bleeding is inevitable, but the duration of tissue healing different. This situation lasts a few hours, but the blood will not calm down. Often the deterioration and the reason lies in the failure to comply with the patient after visiting the doctor, removes the tooth, which gives detailed instructions for further action and will tell, how long will the healing. There are several ways to stop the bleeding, as the folk with the use of medicines. If blood flow long, the most correct solution is to appeal to the dentist.
Simple rules — the key to fast saeplast gums
The dentist held the event to prevent further bleeding tooth after extraction. In the hole is laid a cotton swab that is pressed for a few minutes. As a result, the baked blood, forming a clot. If you follow the advice of a doctor, the bleeding from the hole again. After the removal during the day you can not break the blood clot that has very thin walls and any mechanical stress burst. You should avoid rinsing the mouth with water, eat better on the other side of the teeth, try not to touch the place of an extracted tooth with the tongue or finger, to completely eliminate gum chewing, Smoking, alcohol, hot and cold foods, gently use a toothbrush. In most cases, bleeding gums after tooth extraction, if a blood clot is broken by the patient, so it happens often at home, and therefore need to use their own strength and means at hand.
Other provocateurs bleeding
When after removal of the tooth in the mouth bleeding, in addition to violations of the healing tissue in the canal of the tooth is allocated a number of other reasons that can cause the bleeding, namely:
- the patient suffers from high blood pressure, so the damaged channel is not able to heal. Sufferers of high pressure begin to look for the cause from this side, because you possess information about your condition. If the increase in pressure caused by stress after visiting the doctor, the patient does not take into account the indicators of the pressure. To exclude from the list of reasons it is necessary to conduct measurement with a special device. If the pressure is high, it is urgent to take pills a special purpose, to reduce it;
- in a patient with hemophilia after tooth extraction is bleeding gums, because the disease means poor blood clotting. Also slow blood clotting and people suffer cases of hepatitis, leukemia and a number of certain diseases that are known to modern medicine. The positivity of the situation in this case is that people who are suffering one of these serious diseases, knows about his illness and also that it slows down the process of blood clotting. So sick to visit, or immediately after it will be taken comprehensive security measures, stocked medications, at the right moment to stop the bleeding;
- place after removal of long does not heal and bleeding if injured while removing a large vessel. This often happens when complex surgical operations, when a tooth has an unusual root configuration that can not pull him without a scalpel.
The actions of the doctor before removing
The dentist because of his professional experience and knowledge know how to stop the bleeding after a tooth extraction, so it gives the necessary recommendations after a tooth pulled. But prior to the doctor must be made a survey of the patient for contraindications. If it turns out that it is not the blood stops due to high pressure, then the dentist will take steps to sutures and explain what to do to prevent relapse. This will reduce the risk of bleeding and will give the opportunity to grow together tissues.
Stop bleeding by yourself
If a person has a tooth pulled, and the blood does not stop, do not immediately run to the dentist. You must try the effective and efficient way, which in most cases solves the problem. This requires the use of cotton or gauze and apply it in place of the removed tooth. Then press down for 15-20 minutes bite. At this point, need to be in a relaxed sitting or lying state, so that the pressure stabilized, and the bullet calmed down. It is impossible to do sharp movements, to bend over, walk etc., it all started again bleeding which does not stop. To healing was faster and better you can moisten a swab in hydrogen peroxide 3% concentration. After this procedure needs to form a clot that prevents bleeding. Further actions of the patient are directed to the keeping of the oral cavity in accordance with the guidelines listed above to the bleeding resumed. The cold is also a means to stop the bleeding. A piece of ice intermittently for a number of times applied to the cheek, but not to excess, in order not to aggravate. You can’t put the ice directly on the wound it causes blood poisoning.
Removed the tooth, but the blood does not stop even after repeated blending pad, then used in other ways. It is important to remember what is said about the problem that occurs immediately or after a short period of time after deletion. If the bleeding started after a few days, then use self-stopping is impossible, you must immediately contact the doctor.
In order to solve the problem of how to stop bleeding after tooth extraction you can use the following methods:
- the use of haemostatic sponge, which is available in any pharmacy. Its uniqueness lies in the material of manufacture because it uses human or animal blood, which allows the material to dissolve in the gum tissue. The sponge is installed at the extraction sites and covered with a cotton or gauze swab. Thus, the hemostatic sponge will become an effective antiseptic and hemostatic out of this situation;
- to eliminate the cause of the bleeding is capable of regular tea package, which has tanning properties. Due to the applied to the opening of the packet starts the process of sivane vessels, which gradually leads to stoppage of blood.
When bleeding and after a dental intervention and the weakening of the anesthesia begins to show pain. How long it lasts, it is impossible to tell, each has it’s flows individually. Often, to overcome pain people turn to home first-aid kit, where are the main drugs. Some of those are analgin, at least — Nurofen or Ketanov. Why it is not recommended these drugs to use when bleeding from the gums. Their properties reduce blood clotting that will cause resumption of bleeding and impede the speedy process of healing of gum tissue. So after removing you need to consult a dentist on the subject of medication to reduce pain.
For help to the doctor
If an independent medical aid has not led to the expected result, it is necessary to consult a doctor. Also you should think about visiting a specialist if blood formed in your mouth very much and often have to spit. Generate by symptoms such as:
- the increase in body temperature;
- swelling of the gums;
- inflammation of the cheek.
Any abnormal deviation of health condition after the removal is a direct way to the dentist. The complexity of the situation depends on the timely treatment, delaying treatment and hopeless situation alone only exacerbates the condition and leads to severe consequences. Coming to a doctor should advise how much bleeding after a tooth extraction, what feelings and what actions have been taken at home. Further action of the specialist will be directed to the urgent solution of the problem.
What measures are taken by the doctor to stop the bleeding
Depending on the situation and complexity dentist use different ways to stop the bleeding from a tooth.
- The simplest of them will be applied to re-swab, the use of hemostatic sponges or sutures.
- Under certain indications prescribers accelerating blood clotting.
- Modern dentistry has in its Arsenal of equipment, allowing to carry out the electrocoagulation, i.e. cauterization of the vessel.
It is an effective method of fighting, bleeding, but there are certain features that the doctor will take into account when examining the oral cavity of the patient and his health.
Examination of the patient
Any treatment starts with a thorough examination of the condition of the diseased part. Only after examination and establishment of symptoms, determine complexity, the physician will commence the treatment. Often a patient goes to a clinic when complications from a tooth extraction, how much can that endures to the end, what starts the inflammatory process. In this situation, you should first eliminate inflammation, relieve swelling, which will continue to purge the channel and to prevent possible or existing bleeding. The treatment is accompanied by the appointment of a course of antibiotics a certain direction. In rare, but not the exclusion of cases, when the inflammation does not allow any further treatment at home, the patient hospitalitynet. Thus, a simple one hand operation that involves the removal of one tooth will create a lot of effects and worsen the human condition. So the sooner the patient to see a dentist, the sooner he will provide professional assistance, eliminating the possibility of aggravating the adverse situation.