How to treat gingivitis: tools, medicines, drugs
The appearance of bleeding gums and strong painful sensations, there is a legitimate question, than to treat gingivitis. Treatment will depend on what exactly was the cause of circulatory disturbances in the periodontium.
Causes of gum inflammation
As a result of inflammatory process in the gums small capillaries become brittle and fragile, as a result, it leads to bleeding. The degree of bleeding depends on the strength of inflammation. Sometimes the gums bleed only when a mechanical force, sometimes even during the articulation. Swelling of the gums of the child during eruption of deciduous or permanent teeth, or adult.
Dental disease, accompanied by bleeding gums: gingivitis, periodontitis, periodontal disease, stomatitis, pulpitis, periodontitis. One of the main causes for these diseases is poor quality or periodic care for the oral cavity, with the result that the teeth are formed of sediments, which provoke inflammation. But there are a number of reasons can become inflamed gums:
- medical intervention, e.g. removal or teeth whitening;
- somatic diseases;
- genetic predisposition;
- medications that thin the blood;
- hormonal imbalance;
- bad habits, particularly Smoking.
Often the gums become inflamed during pregnancy, in puberty or during menopause.
If the bleeding and inflammation of the gums, Tartar is not guilty, required in addition to the dentist consult other specialists.
If the inflammation of the gums is not reduced at the expiration of five days after a tooth extraction or other medical intervention, then you need to go to the doctor and not try to solve the problem at home. Complications can be quite serious.
How to remove the inflammation of the gums
First aid for inflammation of the gums is gargle with antiseptics. Can be used pharmaceuticals and herbal teas, are made independently. They will help eliminate bacteria and stop the spread of the inflammatory process. Then you need to restore circulation in the periodontal tissues. This can be done with the help of ointments, gels, sprays.
If the gums are inflamed over one tooth, then it is most likely a complication of tooth decay. In this case, you need to soon visit a dentist, otherwise purulent exudate may affect the jaw bone and cause General intoxication of the organism.
Drugs in periodontal disease
Medications prescribed by the doctor after diagnosis. The most common means of gum inflammation:
- the drug «Parodontotsid» can be used for therapy and prevention of diseases. Is in the form of a spray, solution, gel. Contains oils of sage, mint, cloves, sodium fluoride. It has analgesic, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, deodorizing effect. Contributes to the quick tissue regeneration, does not destroy useful microflora in the mouth;
- the preparation of Bulgaria «Maraslavin» is available only for rinsing. The tool consists of herbs wormwood, clove, black pepper, rhizome Zingiber. Tool anesthetic, kills bacteria, has anti-inflammatory effects, rarely cause allergies. At the initial stage of drug therapy causes redness of the mucosa and increases the secretion of fluid, which leads to the release of toxins from periodontal pockets. The drug has a specific sour taste and smell;
- «Polimineral» is prescribed in the treatment of dental diseases and prevention. It relieves inflammation, accelerates tissue regeneration, reduces bleeding and capillary permeability, reduces pain, stimulates phagocytosis (the immune system). The drug can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
In difficult and neglected diseases, the dentist may prescribe antibiotics, as is intoxication. Often, antibiotics are prescribed as a Supplement to the basic therapy of periodontitis. They are contained in tablets, gels, solutions. Antiseptic liquid, containing antibacterial substances, are prescribed to reduce bacteria in the mouth and is applied after dental hygiene.
Creams and gels
Ointments can help to eliminate inflammation, reduce bleeding, relieve itching. The undoubted advantage is that the ointment acts locally, i.e. only on the site of application. So it is less impact on the body, which reduces the risk of possible side effects and acts quickly. Remedy for gum disease is mostly in the form of gels, because it is easy to apply and longer effect on the tissues that create a protective film. Such drugs include:
|Solcoseryl.||Has regenerative properties, stopping the inflammatory process that destroys pathogenic microorganisms.|
|Metrogyl and Evident Asset.||Relieve swelling of the gums, fight bacteria, and provide analgesic effect.|
|Dental.||Accelerates the regeneration and relieve.|
|Metrogyl Denta.||Reduces inflammation and itching, contains antibiotic.|
|Holisal.||Ensure pop which analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.|
|Parodium.||Antiseptic with anti-inflammatory, deodorizing, and astringent.|
|Kamistad.||Eliminates pain, kills germs, anti-inflammatory action.|
|Asepta.||Based on propolis contains antibiotic and antiseptic. Refreshes the mouth, removes swelling and bleeding.|
To accelerate the healing of wounds and cracks, you can use sea buckthorn oil, Rotokana, Stomatopoda, spray Parodontotsid.
For rinsing and irrigation of the oral cavity apply antiseptic solutions. They will destroy pathogens and prevent infection of open wounds. These tools include:
- Miramistin (efficient antifungal and antiviral agent used in the herpetic stomatitis);
- baking soda.
Rinsing is carried out with a rate of up to 10 days, as they alter the microflora of the oral cavity. To combat infection you can use the lozenges Septolete, Exelis, Laripront, Faringosept.
Hygiene against bleeding gums
Toothpaste does not replace medical treatment, it is only a means of prevention or a temporary solution until a visit to the dentist. Pasta reduces inflammation, but does not eliminate the cause. It cannot be used continuously because it contains antibiotics and preservatives that harm the microflora of the oral cavity. Specially developed therapeutic toothpaste for bleeding gums in the composition have components which reduce the swelling of the periodontium, eliminate pain, accelerate recovery of tissue to destroy pathogens. The most effective products are the pastes:
- Lacalut Aktiv. Consists of flint abrasive and lactate aluminium. This reduces inflammation and efficiently remove soft plaque. In a short time removes bleeding gums, and evens out their looseness, allowing you to shoot a sharp pain. Contains antiseptic and antibiotic;
- Parodontax. Composed of peppermint, Myrtle, sage, chamomile, Romania, minerals, and sodium bicarbonate. Recipe tools unchanged over hundreds of years. It is used for therapy and prevention. It has a styptic and astringent properties. Pasta with a particular taste that not everyone will fit;
- PresiDENT helps to eliminate the bleeding and swelling of the gums, promotes rapid regeneration of the mucous tissue of the mouth, contains antiseptic hexetidine;
- «Forest balsam» remedy based on herbs yarrow, chamomile, St. John’s wort, celandine, nettle. Effectively reduces inflammation, accelerates healing. The abrasiveness of the paste is low, allowing you to apply it to people with thinning enamel.
Pasta, with a content of triclosan, chlorhexidine, hexetidine or fenilsalicilata, it is recommended to apply the rate of not more than 14 days.
Oils, potions and balms based on herbs will help to eliminate inflammation, and to stop the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms. These tools include Perio-Aid, PresiDent, VitizOrthodontic, ALFIX, Forest balsam, Effectiv, Stomatofit Fresh.
General guidelines for inflammation of the gums
There are General guidelines that will help to strengthen gums and improve blood circulation in them:
- pay attention to the brushing technique, perhaps during the hygiene is traumatization of the gingival papillae;
- during treatment gums better to use a soft brush;
- to drink vitamin complex, which contains vitamins C, b, E, K, PP;
- to eat more solid fresh vegetables and fruits (carrots, apples, turnips);
- to remove particles of food from the oral cavity;
- if there is a systemic disease, should take his medication.
To remove the gum enough, it is important to eliminate the cause of periodontal disease.
This will still have to go to the dentist and conduct a comprehensive oral hygiene, which will be removed Tartar from the teeth and from under gums. If diagnosed with periodontitis, you will need to visit a doctor for 10 days for flushing of periodontal pockets.
Treat inflamed gums need. The periodontal inflammation causes destruction of bone tissue and reduces the elasticity of the epithelium. As a result, in the hole of the tooth ceases to resist and occurs its mobility. If periodontitis was not diagnosed and was not carried out therapy, it is necessary to remove healthy teeth and put dentures. To cure the gums need to go to the doctor periodontist.
As a Supplement to the basic therapy, the doctor may prescribe and gargle with the decoction of herbs possessing anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiseptic, regenerating, styptic properties. Means «of the people» can be used for quick relief of pain before a visit to the dentist because they have almost no contraindications and available. If swollen gums, alternative medicine offers the following facilities:
- aloe Vera has antiseptic, healing, anti-inflammatory properties. You can use aloe Vera juice (attach sheet, cut along), and also in the form of infusion;
- sea salt will help to kill the bacteria, and stop bleeding. It only necessary to dissolve a spoon of salt in a glass of water and rinse your mouth as often as possible;
- oak bark has anti-inflammatory, firming action. Four tablespoons of crushed bark falls in a liter of water and boiled for about 10 minutes, then allowed to settle for half an hour. Rinse your mouth 2-3 times a day for two weeks;
- calendula has antibacterial action. To prepare required tablespoon of dried flowers and 200 ml of boiling water;
- chamomile is a wonderful anti-inflammatory agent, promotes rapid healing of tissue. Need to brew two teaspoons of dried flowers per Cup of boiling water and leave for half an hour;
- sage removes periodontal inflammation, alleviate swelling and soreness. To one Cup of boiling water take one teaspoon of flowers;
- St. John’s wort, it takes a spoonful of herb per Cup of boiling water, infused for at least 30 minutes.