How to treat gums: remedy, medication, drugs
I suffered from bleeding gums, will know how to say goodbye with a similar problem not so easy, especially if you try to do without skilled assistance. So sooner or later the question arises, how to treat inflamed gums. Unfortunately, there is no such medicine that helps in one go. It is required to pass at least an anti-inflammatory course of medicines. In this article we will explain what are the drugs for the treatment of gum disease and recommended traditional medicine.
Why the gums are inflamed
The reasons why begin to inflame the gums, a variety. Usually, this lack of dental care. If a man devotes little time to clean the teeth and makes it not very carefully, it does not remove the day accumulated plaque. Over time, sediments mineralized with calcium salts and become hard RAID or as it is called Tartar. This substrate is favorable for pathogenic microorganisms. They begin in it to quickly multiply, excreting toxins and cause periodontal inflammation.
To remove Tartar only in the professional oral hygiene. The doctor when using ultrasound and mechanically removes hard deposits on the teeth. Then the enamel is polished in order for the bacteria it was difficult to «stick» to teeth. If the inflammation is not very pronounced and there is no periodontal pockets, anti-inflammatory therapy is carried out independently. Requires a ten-day course of twice daily rinsing for a minute with Chlorhexidine and applications gel Metrogyl Denta. With periodontitis to the specified treatment lavage of the gingival pockets in the dental office, and other measures for elimination of loose teeth and strengthening gums. To cause inflammation can not only calculus, but also the following factors:
- the weakening of the immune system;
- the lack of vitamins A, E, C, e, K and minerals calcium, fluorine, phosphorus;
- medications that thin the blood;
- hormonal changes;
- chronic disease;
- bad habits.
In this case you need to eliminate the cause causes bleeding gums and to begin therapy aimed at restoring normal blood circulation in the vessels of the periodontium.
What to do for inflammation of the gums
If you observed bleeding while brushing, this suggests that the gums are inflamed. First of all, you need to reduce the activity of pathogenic microflora, which provokes disturbances in the periodontal tissues. This task will help to cope antiseptics.
For rinsing of the oral cavity apply Chlorhexidine, Furatsilinom, Miramistin. They destroy pathogens and prevent contamination of open wounds. But the funds cannot be used more than 10 days, because they affect the microflora as a whole, which leads to dysbiosis due to the death of beneficial bacteria. To reduce the number of pathogens and may be using the lozenges Septolete, Laripront, Faringosept, Exalis.
To restore blood circulation in small blood vessels, removing the edema, accelerating tissue regeneration, elimination of pain used ointments, gels, sprays, teas, tinctures. Treatment for gums can be manufactured as pharmaceutical companies, and independently from plant components. Unlike pharmaceutical remedies, decoctions and infusions, made his own, less effective, but components for them are almost always there in the house that allows you to use them immediately, and have no side effects, and this is true for pregnant or lactating women.
Preparations to relieve inflammation of the gums
To eliminate the inflammatory process in the gums, it is recommended to use the gels. They are not washed off in a short period of time with the mucosa, and its components are able to quickly seep through the cloth and affect the area of inflammation.
For local applications with gingivitis and periodontitis, it is recommended to use the following gels and ointments:
- Holisal (analogue Mundial gel). The active ingredients Choline salicylate and Catalonia chloride. Components penetrate deep into the tissue. The tool has antimicrobial effect, reduces swelling of the mucosa and bleeding cool, which helps to eliminate the pain;
- Metrogyl Denta. In the composition of the antibiotic Metronidazole (enters the bloodstream) and the antiseptic Chlorhexidine (valid locally). The gel is almost not absorbed and has an effect only on the upper layer of the epithelium;
- Kamistad. In this gel, Lidocaine, which has analgesic effect and chamomile, which has anti-inflammatory properties. When applying medication not only numbs the gums but also the tongue. It will help those who have hurt gums and effectively remove the inflammation the drug is not able;
- Asepta. The main component of the gel, the propolis, making it non-drug means. Has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect, promotes rapid tissue regeneration and restoration of the metabolism. Balsam forest balsam contains antibiotic and antiseptic (such Metrogyl Denta and composition, and price). Though it is called a balm, in contact with moist mucous acquires the consistency of a gel and is fixed;
- Parodontotsid. The main component of dental gel phenyl salicylate, which becomes under the action of saliva salicylic acid. It has anti-inflammatory properties. Also in the process of using essential oils of sage, nutmeg, mint, marjoram, cloves. These components accelerate healing of the tissue and deodorize the oral cavity;
- Dental. Contains corn oil for coating the mucous membrane. The remedy relieves pain, removes inflammation;
- Solcoseryl. Dental ointment has antimicrobial action, it is intended for acceleration of wound healing and metabolism in tissues.
Gels and ointments generally used for 7-10 days two or three times a day. Gels and ointments quickly relieve pain.
Because they act locally, rare side effects (unless allergic reactions in form of itching, urticaria), and is only contra-indications hypersensitivity and early age.
The cure for gum disease is effective only after the removal of plaque from the enamel surface. Otherwise it will have only a temporary effect and the disease will quickly return.
After professional tooth cleaning, the dentist will make the necessary appointments will indicate the frequency and duration of therapy, taking into account the severity of the disease.
Funds for strengthening the gums
Manufacturers of medications offered to relieve the inflammatory process in the mucosa of the so-called pharmaceutical drugs. They are not a cure but is intended only as a Supplement to the basic treatment or for the prevention of disease. Often the composition of these funds is a natural vegetable components, essential oils, extracts, minerals, vitamins.
To strengthen the gums recommended:
- «Forest balsam for gums». It does not apply to drugs, so its effectiveness for the treatment of inflammation of the gums is extremely low. But it is suitable for the prevention and maintenance therapy, since it is not aggressive neither enamel nor useful microflora. The balm of plant materials: extracts of sage and oak bark, and a decoction of chamomile, yarrow, St. John’s wort, celandine, nettle.
- «Polimineral». Consists of liquor of Pomorie lake. The solution has local anti-inflammatory effect, reduces capillary permeability, stimulates phagocytosis (immune cells), painkiller and accelerates the regeneration of tissues. Allowed during pregnancy and lactation;
- Malavit. In the composition of the formic alcohol, which is able to cauterize the mucosal tissue. It is applied when hypertrophic gingivitis, when gums greatly expands and covers almost half of the tooth crown.
Tips alternative medicine when inflamed gums
Popular and easily accessible infusions and decoctions of herbs that reduce inflammation and accelerate the recovery of mucosal tissue. They can help in mild manifestation of gingivitis or used as «emergency» before turning to the doctor. But to completely remove the inflammation or numb the gums with advanced pathology they can not.
Folk remedies against inflammation of the gums.
- Effective against inflammation calendula tincture, which is sold in pharmacies. In a glass of water is added 2-4 drops of an alcoholic solution of calendula and rinse your mouth after every meal. You can use the dry inflorescences of the plants. To prepare the decoction take one teaspoon of flowers and bring to the boil 200 ml of water, leave to steep for several hours.
- Able to destroy bacteria and stop gums bleeding leaves of the walnut. They are tannins, which have antibacterial properties. The traditional way of preparation: one spoonful of dried plant per Cup of water, bring to boil and let stand.
- Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, accelerates the healing of tissue. It can be used fresh for applique (cut lengthwise and applied to swollen gums or make from plant pulp), and prepare a decoction.
- Effective in combating inflammation sea or regular salt. One teaspoon should be dissolved in warm water and rinse your mouth as often as possible.
- Essential chamomile. It soothes the mucous membranes and contributes to its restoration. To prepare a decoction of two tablespoons dried flowers bring to the boil 500 ml of water, then leave to infuse for half an hour.
General guidelines for inflammation of the gums
First of all, if the gums hurt, you need to visit a doctor periodontist. He will assess the condition of the gums, if necessary, conducts sanitary cleaning of the teeth and will prescribe anti-inflammatory therapy (rinse and application).
- It is recommended to use toothpaste that is made specifically to relieve bleeding gums. It can be: Lacalut Aktiv, Parodontax, PresiDENT, «Forest balsam». They contain substances that reduce swelling of the periodontium and destroy pathogens that have hemostatic and astringent properties. But you should remember that if the product contains antiseptics or antibiotics (triclosan, chlorhexidine, hexetidine, phenyl salicylate), they can be applied only to courses of at least 14 days. If you use them constantly, there is a dysbiosis in the oral cavity, and the symptoms occur hidden.
- Add a solid diet of fresh vegetables and fruits and nuts. They give load, which favorably affects the gums and teeth, and enrich the body with vitamins and minerals.
- During therapy, use a toothbrush with soft bristles. If the gums are inflamed so much that it hurts to brush your teeth, get monopikovy brush. Reconsider brushing technique.
If the sore gums, how to treat tell a doctor after examination of the oral cavity and diagnosis. Before the visit to the dentist can alleviate the condition by herbal infusions or decoctions, made by yourself. It is important not to allow the disease to become chronic, which is very difficult therapy.