How to whiten teeth at home without harming the enamel?
To whiten your teeth at home without harm to the enamel you can, however you still need to consider the precautions and use only proven methods.
An important role in such processes is played by the rapidity of the bleaching, because people want to whiten your teeth as quickly as possible, but these aspirations lead to serious problems with tooth enamel.
Why does the darkening of the teeth?
There are several types of Browning:
- surface — ingestion of products with strong coloured (black tea, chocolate, coffee). They are composed of chemicals that not only change color, but also destroy the enamel. As a result of these processes the surface of the teeth is covered with microcracks affecting its hue;
- penetrating have a negative impact and harmful habits, especially Smoking. Due to years of tobacco use on the teeth appear brown or dark yellow deposits (how to remove?), not to mention the rest of the harm to the oral cavity and the entire body;
- the darkening is caused by age — it affects all of the above factors together with the natural processes of aging and erasing the enamel. The most distinct factors affect the condition of the front teeth. From the problem affects not only people are respectful of age, as it all depends on the person’s lifestyle (food, habits) and thorough oral hygiene.
The last factor is called the most common cause of darkening. Irregular cleaning of the tooth surface to form plaque, not only does it make dark enamel, but also becomes a cause of other diseases. To avoid this you need to constantly brush your teeth with a quality toothbrush and paste, regularly use dental floss.
Whitening and bleaching – what’s the difference
There is a big difference between these concepts, of course, they have one goal – to bring the teeth to a lighter shade, but the approaches are different.
- The bleaching process involves the effect on the enamel of powerful chemical agents (e.g. hydrogen peroxide). Their action is not limited to the surface of the teeth, they penetrate into the structure of the enamel and often contribute to its damage. The plaque that stains your teeth in a dark shade, this also dissolves.
- Clarification — anticipates the impact solely on the enamel surface with subsequent elimination of soft, non-fossilized plaque, this method can improve the color of the enamel without damage.
Drawback: will not help in the case of the petrified bloom, to the same effect often does not justify the hopes of patients because not too drastically improves the color of teeth. But in recent years the popularity of the lightness increases and this happens because of the sparing effects on the enamel.
White teeth does not always mean their health, moreover, due to the use of aggressive bleaching methods and means, the surface of the teeth may be unrecognizable. In this case, of people who are more serious issues than the discomfort caused by the darkening of the enamel.
Provide a few photos taken before and after teeth whitening.
Is it possible to whiten teeth without harm or is it a myth?
There is no 100% way to get rid of plaque completely harmless and it is logical, because so corroded the RAID it should have at least minor features acids, that certainly affects the enamel.
Of bleaching is to give:
- if thinning tooth enamel is often found in elderly people or due to pathological changes;
- caries — cleaning products can get into the tooth and cause him harm;
- in case of Allergy to cleaning products or their component;
- if you are sensitive teeth — if you suffer from discomfort when consuming hot or cold products, you should abandon the procedures of the self-bleaching;
- if you are on exposed parts of the teeth are fillings, after bleaching they can significantly stand out against the rest of the tooth surface.
If you are convinced that you have strong enamel and no defects of the structure of the seals can start to whiten your teeth at home. However, it is worth considering the degree of shading of tooth surfaces, even effective recipes bring a bit of good if the RAID a lot and it is firmly solidified, it is better to see your dentist.
Often no cleaning procedure ruins the enamel, and the actions of the person thereafter. The use of tobacco, alcohol, food dye it has a negative impact in the future will definitely lead to consequences.
Video: teeth whitening at home — 5 best recipes.
How to whiten teeth without harming the enamel?
Today there are a number of recipes that promise effective and fast whitening popular methods Neumyvakina. But whether they are able to eliminate plaque on the teeth without harming the enamel?
Dentists skeptical of this issue, as the recipes are based on components that have a strong corrosive effect, but all methods are not safe and are a threat to damage emadi?
Instructions for Neumyvakina
► One of the most popular online recipes for lightening the teeth, a method for Neumyvakina:
- 0.5 teaspoons of baking soda add half a dozen drops of peroxide and 2-3 drops of lemon juice;
- compound required to clean the teeth (some people recommend more and gums).
According to the recipe instructions has a whitening, wound healing and Wellness effects, but still this technique has a negative impact on the enamel.
There are other ways that are much least erode tooth enamel. In this imaginary ranking, we have placed recipes and remedies for bleaching in order to reduce their effectiveness and considering their impact on the enamel.
Whitening toothpastes and brushes
- Toothbrushes — with the functions of whitening can have a special rubber coating or brightening chemicals. They can actually lighten the teeth for a short period of time, however, they have certain disadvantages. Prolonged use can scratch the enamel, so use them with caution. Brushes with a «light abrasive effect of» dentists recommend to avoid due to the extreme hazard of damaging the enamel.
- Toothpastes with abrasive effect — the degree of abrasion is determined by the special index RDA — Relative dentin abrasivity (relative dentin abrasiveness). For teeth with a strong enamel, this figure will be around 150-200 units, and for sensitive – 25-30. Before using learn how often to brush their teeth, because they are not designed for everyday cleaning.
If you have ever had a strong sensitivity and you got the pasta with high RDA, and then the teeth began to react badly to temperature changes, then you need to stop using this tool, and to visit the dentist.
Video: whitening toothpaste, strips and brushes
There are ways of chemical cleaning of the enamel from darkening: this whitening strips and mouth guards. What are they?
Is a special equipment which is applied to the tooth surface and using chemical elements lighten her. However, their selection and use can harm the enamel.
Dentists recommend to do the following: turn to the dentist with a request to create for you a customized mouth tray for teeth whitening and to lay down a precise timetable for its application, so you minimize damage to enamel and gums.
Other recipes of traditional medicine
We are talking about special, crushed coal, they RUB the teeth with a view to their clarification. This tool is included in many toothpastes. It is difficult to say how effective, but compared to other popular methods, relatively little harm the enamel.
► Tea tree oil
Is perhaps the most secure method, use it after cleaning classic. This means rubbing the teeth with a brush, to which is applied a few drops of medicine. Repeat the procedure no more than 2 times a week.
► Lemon peel
Does not differ high efficiency, but relatively sparing effect on the surface of the teeth. Use it like this:
- 5-6 days, RUB the teeth with lemon peel.
- Do not rinse medium 2-3 minutes.
- After this, rinse your mouth thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- To enhance the whitening effect it is recommended to use lemon zest along with the tea tree oil.
Any bleaching agent adversely affects the enamel, making it weak and sensitive, so that the negative effect of the procedures necessary to compensate for the use of toothpastes that have high fluoride content. They can strengthen enamel, but use them carefully to avoid the appearance of fluorosis.
There are folk remedies for whitening, which combine useful and pleasant. They are based on the consumption of individual products, which due to their structure and composition is able to eliminate plaque and brighten the surface.
- Apples — weak, but completely harmless bleaching agent. Acid, which is found in Apple juice, is capable of removing some elements from the composition of the fossilized plaque, destroying its structure.
- Strawberries and strawberries — these berries are able to lighten the teeth, this happens due to the presence in their composition of malic acid. It is sometimes recommended to clean the teeth with slurry of berries with soda, but this method will have a negative impact on the enamel. Eating strawberries as a way to whitening, especially good for children.
- Lemon is able to significantly whiten your teeth in case of regular consumption of. However, due to the presence in its composition of a significant amount of enamel for aggressive substances, it may cause her significant harm.
- Carrots — strengthens the enamel and cleans it due to its structure. It does not have in its composition acids, which qualitatively distinguishes him from the rest of the products.
To feel the whitening effect don’t need to focus on one product, take them in the complex – it is both delicious and healthy. Don’t forget about regular brushing, in this case, your teeth will always be white, and the enamel remains healthy.
Video: whitening methods in the program «Live healthy» Elena malyshevoy
► Is it possible to whiten teeth in one day?
Yes, and this can be done quickly using whitening strips, trays and pencils. On the other hand the effectiveness of this method will differ in each case, plus they can greatly affect the enamel and can damage the gums, so consult your dental professional.