How to whiten teeth with baking soda: at home
Despite the advent of modern technology, many still prefer traditional medicine. One of the most simple and known methods of whitening teeth at home is considered to be the baking soda. This product is very popular because it is considered an effective substance for a small price. How to whiten teeth with baking soda at home, how often do should to carry out this procedure and what the experts say about this popular method of treatment?
Causes of darkening of the enamel
People of any age often found enamel darkening or staining yellow in color, and in most cases it has nothing to do with the consumption of large quantities of coffee or Smoking. To provoke discoloration of the tooth enamel is capable of certain factors:
- failure to comply with hygiene procedures on the care of teeth and oral cavity;
- natural aging;
- the use of water with high concentration of fluoride for cooking and for drinking;
- the presence of the patient fillings made of silver amalgam;
- demineralization of tooth tissue as a result of caries;
- violation of the neurovascular bundle as a result of the injury.
Before you start teeth whitening, you should understand why that caused the color change. In that case, if the enamel has a grayish color, then most likely, the reason lies inside the body. Thanks to the whitening, can achieve a notable aesthetic effect and to get rid of yellowish teeth.
The unique properties of powder
The chemical name of a product such as baking soda, is sodium bicarbonate. It can be found in almost every home, because the cost of soda is not great, but it has many useful properties. Sodium bicarbonate looks like a fine white powder primarily used for the preparation of culinary dishes. What are the useful properties for the human body has sodium bicarbonate?
This product has a pronounced antiseptic effect, so it is often used for the treatment of the oral cavity in various inflammatory and stomatitis. Often, specialists prescribe this remedy for the treatment of such pathologies as acute tonsillitis. Baking soda has a stimulating effect on the immune system of the body and is a barrier to pathogenic microorganisms.
Sodium bicarbonate has a regenerating effect, it helps get rid of the irritation of the skin and accelerates the healing process of the mucosa. Baking soda is widely used in the home, but if she whitens enamel? This white powder helps dissolve all impurities and foreign substances that affect the color change of the enamel. This property of baking soda is especially appreciated in those patients who suffer from a lack of white teeth.
Incorrect is the claim that baking soda may be applied for tooth cleaning. In fact, this hygienic procedure can be quite hazardous and harmful for the enamel. In such a situation, the effect of that white powder is compared with hydrogen peroxide, when there is a rapid erosion of the enamel.
Often when brushing your teeth baking soda is quite the opposite effect. This means that tooth enamel will lose the white even faster, because the crystals make the surface rough and it starts to settle coating. The result is a color change of the enamel, and even tooth decay. It is for this reason whiten teeth at home with the use of baking soda should be very careful.
Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
Before you begin whitening your teeth at home, you need to know all the advantages and disadvantages of this method. We can highlight the following positive aspects of this method of teeth whitening:
- thanks to the sodium bicarbonate can be completely rid of the odor in the oral cavity, and also to destroy all pathogenic microorganisms;
- able to cleanse even those teeth which are in remote places, which cannot be reached with a regular brush;
- baking soda is considered not allergenic product;
- after the procedure whitening baking soda teeth are incredibly strong;
- are able to whiten your enamel for a long time.
It should be remembered that baking soda in combination with vinegar or hydrogen peroxide can be dangerous for the teeth. There are some contraindications to the use of sodium bicarbonate:
- hypersensitivity of the teeth;
- presence in oral cavity bleeding gums;
- identification of the various inflammatory processes in the oral cavity;
- white powder removes both pathogenic and beneficial bacteria;
- you may experience problems with functioning taste buds;
- too thin the enamel of the teeth.
Procedure teeth whitening baking soda has a lot of fans and especially among those who cannot afford a professional procedure among specialists.
In fact, baking soda is considered a safe enough product that can be used for teeth whitening. However, to achieve the desired effect to happen only under certain rules.
Rules teeth whitening
Can you whiten teeth with sodium bicarbonate is and how to carry out this procedure? Before you start teeth whitening baking soda at home, it is recommended to visit the dentist. The specialist will conduct a thorough examination of the patient and ensure that it lacks any pathological manifestations in the mucous membrane and caries. In addition, the doctor needs to make sure that the cause of the dark color of the enamel to serve as formed on the teeth plaque.
To start teeth whitening with sodium bicarbonate is allowed after some training. First of all, should strengthen the enamel of the teeth as possible. For this purpose, within 30 days, you should use fluoride toothpaste and brush teeth with a soft brush. In addition, it is recommended to fill your diet with products containing calcium, fruits and vegetables.
After the procedure whitening baking soda, you need to take a break, the duration of which shall be not less than 7 days. Experts say that thanks to a rare, but regular cleaning can achieve gentle effects on the enamel.
When carrying out whitening teeth baking soda should try to avoid contact with the gums. The fact that a high concentration of bicarbonate and other substances can cause the appearance of minor wounds and burns.
Methods of teeth whitening
During the procedure of bleaching in the home improvement you notice after a few weeks. Methods of whitening of the enamel with sodium bicarbonate is quite simple and accessible to everyone:
- You need to prepare soda solution, after stirring 20 grams of a white powder in 100 ml of water at room temperature. It should be remembered that in any case it is impossible to extinguish soda with boiling water.
- In the prepared solution should dip a toothbrush and brush her teeth. Conduct the bleaching is allowed, after basic hygiene with the use of paste.
- After brushing with a solution of soda not allowed to eat anything for half an hour. In addition, it is recommended to refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages, black tea, coffee and Smoking for at least 2 hours.
You must remember that you cannot be used in undiluted form. In addition, do not perform teeth whitening with the use of gauze and cotton swabs dipped in the paste of baking soda and water.
How to whiten teeth with baking soda and how often you can do this procedure? At home you can use the following methods of teeth whitening:
- Simple and proven way is the teeth whitening solution of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. To perform this procedure, please mix 3% peroxide with baking soda until a thick slurry, which should be treated teeth without a brush. Typically, the duration of such a procedure is not more than 10-2 minutes, after which you should rinse the oral cavity. Many of the reviews say that after the treatment almost immediately noticeable positive effect. It should be remembered that the bleaching is allowed to do not more often than once in 10 days.
- At home you can return the attractive smile with the help of a mixture prepared from the white powder and fruit acids. For this purpose, the sodium bicarbonate is necessary to pour a few drops of lemon juice, which can be replaced by any sour fruit. Teeth whitening this soda-lemon solution is most effective because it is in that juice contains a large amount of acid. At the same time, such a mixture is considered to be quite aggressive, so to carry out teeth whitening baking soda lemon is allowed not more than once in 2 months.
- In the summer, you can spend bleaching your teeth with strawberries. To do this, mash a few berries to the formation of the puree and add 5 grams of white powder. The resulting slurry should be applied on the toothbrush and brush her teeth. After this procedure, thoroughly rinse your mouth to get the last bit of strawberries.
- Another effective way of whitening is considered to be a combination of baking soda with iodine. This mixture not only helps to get rid of the darkening of the enamel, but also to reduce the spread of the stone. At the same time, with the help of such a solution fails to destroy pathogens in the mouth and freshen breath. To do this, mix the white powder and iodine, gently apply the mixture on teeth and leave for a few minutes.
Teeth can be whitened using baking soda at home, but before that it is recommended to consult with a dentist. Uncontrolled and frequent use of sodium bicarbonate as a bleaching agent can cause destruction of the enamel and the development of periodontal disease.
In fact, to make your teeth white in color do not have to use special solutions. First and foremost, you need to review your way of life, that is, to abandon Smoking and drinking strong coffee, and fill your diet with foods containing calcium and fluorine. In addition, you should daily carry out hygienic procedures on care of a teeth at least once a year to visit a dental office.