Implant after tooth removal: how long will it take to put
Many people are faced with the need to use implants after tooth extraction. How long will it take to put them, is there an alternative, and whether it is necessary to do this, let us examine in detail.
Dental units and you can lose for a variety of reasons – untreated caries, trauma, tissue destruction, etc., the question May arise – do I have to put implants in place of the old tooth? After all, if it is not part of smile, nobody will notice. The consequences of lost units can influence not only the aesthetic form, so will talk about all the pros and cons of implantation.
When you put the implant?
To understand when is better to install the implant after tooth extraction, it is advisable to consult with your doctor. He will be able to weigh the contradictions and peculiarities of an organism, and the cause of the loss units, and to give them a good period for the operation.
There are contraindications when the implant postpone for some time or even abandon prosthetics:
- The presence of loose bone. In this case, it must either strengthen further or choose a different type of prosthesis.
- The appearance of bone atrophy – occurs precisely in those cases where the implant after tooth extraction is not delivered on time. It is very important to trace the moment in how much time it is certainly worth making.
- The weakened immune system will not allow to carry out the operation. Therefore, you need to first improve health, strengthen it and then carry out any manipulation.
- Diabetes is a direct contraindication to this procedure.
- Different periodontal disease must first be cured and then you can put an implant in place of the removed tooth.
- Education is too big of a hole forces the doctor in any way narrow to be able to fix the system. Or we have to wait until it reduced itself to the desired size.
- The presence of cancer in the patient also eliminates the possibility of surgery.
- An allergic reaction may be on the way to implantation. Although today there are hypoallergenic products that can solve this problem, but they are more expensive than usual.
- If the patient has AIDS, the dentist is not entitled to engage in the installation of the implant.
- Caries on other units also should initially be cured and only then proceed to the replacement of the extracted tooth.
- Pregnancy and lactation are a direct contraindication to most dental procedures.
- At least at the time of implantation, which could be delayed, should abandon all bad habits – alcohol, drugs and even Smoking.
And here is a list of those cases where implantation is desirable to immediately:
- When damage to the tooth root if it is impossible to eliminate or cure.
- After physical trauma, which occurred the loss of units.
- When the tooth is removed for various reasons, and there are no contraindications for the procedure.
The advantages and disadvantages of implantation
Of implants was not as popular of a manipulation, if not a series of obvious advantages:
- In case after tooth extraction you can combine several operations and to hold one.
- That, in turn, reduces the costs of the patient and also the time spent in the dentist chair.
- The procedure is carried out for many decades, doctors convinced of its safety.
- Almost all implants are well-suited and does not give complications, with very few exceptions, personal intolerance of the material.
Of course, the implantation has its drawbacks:
- The high price for the procedure and the design may not be available to all.
- Manipulation and the healing process involve a fairly long period of time, occupying sometimes several weeks or months.
- During the formation and healing of the gingival appearance of the tooth will be messy (use a healing abutment).
How to carry out the procedure?
The implant process is quite complex and lengthy, taking place in five stages:
- Training and medical history. Since the procedure, there are some serious contraindications you need to ensure that a person can conduct it. Going analysis and reports from other doctors. Only then the dentist will be able to accurately say whether it will put the implant to the patient.
- Further, it is important to carefully examine the oral cavity for the presence of disease and to assess the condition of teeth and gums. If some units in need of treatment, it is carried out. Also the doctor will make panoramic images of the jaw and 3D projection. Thanks to this, the dentist will have full knowledge of the structure of the dentition of a particular patient and will be able to identify some internal hidden problems, if any.
- Immediate surgical intervention is necessary at the stage when you install the pin. While under anesthesia, drill a hole and pour a special composition. The operation may take up to several hours.
- The healing process everyone is different. It may take a couple of weeks or a month. Only after the gums are fully calm down, the doctor establishes a so-called abutment.
- The last step in creating and setting artificial crowns, which can be made from many different materials. The choice depends on the wishes and financial possibilities of the patient and the location of the implant. The doctor will make a cast of the jaw and it will produce the crown. It can be installed on a permanent basis or to make removable if you wish.
Among the most common materials for the outer part of the implant, apply the following:
- Acrylic – the most aesthetic perfectly mimic the natural look of the tooth. It is quite durable, but chewy region to establish it is not recommended. Relatively affordable price makes it a popular choice among patients. Nice structure, smoothness and porosity help to quickly get used to the new design. Rarely, but sometimes, the body rejects the acrylic material.
- Ceramic has become the most popular in recent years, as has good aesthetic properties. But its high price does not justify the lack of strength of the material. Also on the chewing teeth crowns made of ceramic doctors do not recommend to install.
- The metal composition is the most robust and reliable. It is used for implants on the chewing side of the jaw, and the price is affordable for most patients. But the appearance may deter such a choice. Therefore, they are most often placed only on the portion of the dentition, where it won’t show.
- Cermet was the achievement of dentistry, which has been able to combine the aesthetic qualities of ceramics and the strength of the metal. The service life of such bits is calculated to 20 years. However, the price may be higher than that of any other counterparts.
Is it possible to put the implant immediately after tooth extraction?
There are two versions of the implant: after the uninstall, and a few months after her. Which option to choose is decided by the physician taking into account all the nuances.
The fact that there are reasons not to leave an empty pit, without the denture for a long time:
- If the gum is not natural push and pressure, which disappears after the removal of dental units, it is very fast thinning and atrophy of the bone tissue. Cure is almost impossible.
- Also from the prolonged absence of a tooth starts to deform the jaw, shifts to the neighboring units, trying to fill the empty space.
- If on one side of the series of lost multiple teeth, you may even change the shape of an oval face with an offset in the direction of the stored jaw.
But if to hasten the installation of the implant when it is not justified, there may be other problems:
- It is likely that the gums will reject foreign material, and begins the process of decay, inflammation, and pain.
- It is possible that the gums are too overloaded dental surgery, and to heal after the implant is harder and much longer.
Video: about implantation after the tooth extraction, says the dentist.
I have too much damaged the tooth and it had to be removed. The doctor immediately offered to replace it with an implant procedure by connecting all together to to less to visit it and not prolong the process. I agreed, since you have to walk with a missing tooth is also not desirable. Everything went in a short time and I quickly put the implant, so that many did not even notice the temporary defect.
In my case the tooth was knocked out and the doctor said that the root is also slightly bruised. So I offered to replace the embossed crown on the implant, which will save the root, so that it was not necessary to remove. I agreed and for the two treatments appeared completely new tooth is virtually indistinguishable from my family.
I had to treat many units as I start on time and the doctor has not addressed. Wanted to do it in the shortest possible time, but I had to go to him for six months – the teeth were treated, it was removed, put implants on those that had to pull out. He is guilty – it was necessary to treat them in time. Now some teeth are not mine, but it’s absolutely not noticeable. The process though is long, but the result is worth it.
► When implantation can be performed after removing a tooth cyst?
If you had a cyst removed the implant placement should be postponed for a certain period. What? The recommendation must give the treating physician. He will conduct the oral examination, you will be convinced that the wound has healed and only after the verdict.