In 9 months no teeth
This question concerns all parents: what to do if the baby 9 months no teeth? After all, mom and dad look forward to new achievements in the development of your baby, but sometimes, not all the time comes at the appointed time. Every child and adult is different, so the teeth do kids will erupt on its own. Usually the incisors first appear at the age of 4-7 months. But the process may be delayed. Parents expect, a miracle happens. And when the child turns 9 months, the parents start to panic, to go to doctors.
The timing of eruption
You first need to understand at what age teeth usually erupt. According to the table of development of pediatricians, a period in 6 months. The absence of teeth at 9 months is not uncommon. In modern children the process of dentali starts mostly at 8 months of age and older. Everything happens at their own pace and to determine when the first long-awaited tooth, impossible.
The teeth can appear in the first months of a baby’s life, and it is not a violation. Not uncommon when the child is born with teeth that are cut in the mother’s womb. They are called Natal. Sometimes get out the cutters in the first month. These teeth are called neonatal. Both cases are not a sign of development or pathology of a disease.
To determine how many in 9 months should be of teeth, you need to use the formula: K= M — 4, where K is the number of teeth, M — the number of months of child’s life.
The eruption may occur in a year. Therefore, the parents of the baby need to wait a little bit. It is also considered the norm.
Teeth can climb independently, or in pairs. So to cut not only the first but also subsequent. It happens that in infants climb from 4 tooth. A massive eruption of teeth affects the timing.
But you should pay attention if a year never showed any teeth. Not be amiss to consult a doctor and make sure that there are diseases such as rickets and hypothyroidism.
Up to 2.5 years, sometimes up to 3 should get 20 milk teeth: on each jaw is located at 4 incisors, 2 canines (or eye) and 4 molars. In an adult person there are 28-32 tooth on each jaw 4 incisors, 2 canines, 4 Bicuspids and 4 to 6 molar.
During the eruption of the primary teeth between them at first, no cracks. This is normal. Then the growth of the jaw for 4 years teeth begin to separate, forming between themselves the spaces. This process is needed in order to fit the molars, as they are much larger than dairy. If these cracks will be formed, the native will not fit and will climb crooked.
Reasons for delayed development
Baby 9 months no teeth, and was to appear in six months. By what reasons can missing teeth:
- Hereditary factor — it is possible that some of the parents of the baby, or even a distant relative the process of teething was delayed.
- Gender — boys in almost all behind the development of the girl child, and therefore the teeth they can appear a little later a certain period of time.
- Climatic conditions — warm, mild climate has a beneficial effect on the process early dentali.
- The health of the mother during the period of gestation of the baby the mother could feel significant failures in health (this is the morning sickness, lack of vitamins and minerals, stress, different diseases), which influenced the eruption of the teeth of the baby.
- Harmful habits of the mother while carrying the baby have a negative impact on his health, including teething.
- The age of the parents — it is believed that the younger the parents, the longer their baby will walk around toothless.
- Term birth infants — it is believed that premature babies encouraging adult emergence, tooth a little later.
- The illness of the baby in the first months of his life. This period is the formation of enamel and dentin of the teeth, and some diseases can cause inhibition of their growth. Such pathologies include diseases of the stomach and intestines of the baby, rubella, congenital syphilis.
- Rickets is a disease that occurs when severe calcium deficiency. For this disease characterized by a disturbance in the formation of bones, insufficient intake of minerals in them.
- Lack of vitamins and minerals in the child’s body for its proper growth and development. It’s mostly vitamins A, E, D, calcium and fluoride.
- The individual characteristics of the organism the individual child.
During fetal development 5 weeks there is a tab dental follicles. Adverse situation could severely disrupt this process. It can be bad habits, a strong toxicosis, unhealthy and insufficient diet, medications. Until 10 weeks all the rudiments of the teeth are to be formed. Starting from week 17, the process of mineralization of the future teeth, so doctors recommend mothers to eat well using healthy foods.
Many moms and dads know about this pathology development, as adontia is the absence rudiments of teeth. But at the age of 9 months to talk about it yet. Should wait a few more months, and if the first teeth don’t show, you can go to the doctor. Then the presence of rudiments of teeth determined by x-ray examination.
How to know whether to cut teeth
There are certain signs of the beginning of eruption in children:
- The baby gets very cranky the whole day can cry, chew their fingers, sticks or put other objects in mouth. Climbing teeth deliver a constant aching pain in the gums. A toddler can begin suddenly to cry, sometimes to scream, it comes from sharply increased pain.
- Starts strong salivation. Saliva constantly flows from the mouth of a baby. Must be carefully wet, and at night put a clean cloth under the head to collect saliva.
- When there is no pain, the baby may scratching by foreign objects your gums.
- The gums become swollen, red, gradually loosened.
- Sore gums can lead to refusal of food or cause constant hovering on the breast if breastfeeding is natural.
Additional symptoms of teething:
- As a side effect may be slight fever and diarrhea. These factors are secondary and not associated directly with the process of teething. In place of the tooth, the child can comb the wounds exposed to infection because the oral cavity microflora is broken, and inflammation. This is a very difficult physiological process for a small body, local immunity in the oral cavity and nasopharynx reduced. Therefore, it is important to understand that if hyperthermia and diarrhea continue for more than 3 days, then it has nothing to do with the process of dentali.
- You can also start slightly runny nose and slight redness of the throat. It is also associated with a decrease in local immunity and the accession of secondary infection.
- Teething should not cause too high a temperature, vomiting, diarrhea, absolute lack of appetite, convulsions and asphyxiation. With all of these symptoms you must immediately go to the doctor, even if this happens against the background of teething.
To slightly ease the condition of the baby and speed up the process, a clean finger, gently massage baby’s gums. To push hard is not necessary, it can injure tissue. You can give a cold spoon to the baby to suck. It slightly will reduce the pain and irritation. Now there is a special rubber teethers in toys with cold liquid. You need to briefly put the teether in the refrigerator, and the liquid has cooled down, then give it to baby to chew on. Just important not to overdo it, and you can freeze the baby. And we must treat them with antiseptic (soap, for example), so as not to contaminate it.