Indications for tooth removal: when it is better to remove
Many people wonder about what are the indications for tooth extraction. Modern dentistry has made a huge step in development that significantly affected the quality of patient care and reduced the number of references to the removal procedure in medical institutions. But every man at least once had to experience this process for yourself.
Surgery to remove: indications and contraindications
The removal process is one of the most common in dental surgery. It has some differences from other methods of operating. During this procedure violated the integrity of the mucous membrane of the mouth, is the destruction of the circular ligament of the tooth, affects the blood vessels, periosteum, injured tooth nerves, changes in bone structure of the hole.
The operation is a set of sequential actions that result from the wells of the extracted tooth root or tooth. For surgery tooth extraction indications and contraindications can be set only dentist. In some cases, however, you need to decide on this method?
Alarming symptoms: when to consult a doctor
Indications for tooth removal can be divided into 2 groups: absolute, immediate, relative, or elective indications. Urgent operation means the removal, without waiting for possible inflammatory processes in the human body. Let us consider in more detail.
- You first need to remove the teeth that can serve as a source for infection. If time does not pay attention to it, then it can cause purulent processes accompanied by inflammation.
- Severely damaged, not performing its functions, also requires immediate removal.
- A tooth with a longitudinal fracture is subject to mandatory removal.
- You can not leave without attention and the one on the crown which caused a transverse fracture.
- Have to remove teeth that can cause osteomyelitis of the jaw bones.
In order of planned operation are patients who have teeth:
- with the destruction of roots that cannot be prosthetic;
- having a curvature of the root canal or obstruction;
- with a significant mobility;
- correctly located in the jaws, as they may injure the mucous membrane of the oral cavity;
- prorezalsya not completely and causing inflammation in the surrounding tissues.
Surgery has certain indications and contraindications. When it is better to remove, will be able to answer the dentist to which you want to seek the advice of. Most importantly, do not postpone it indefinitely, because a bad tooth can hurt good. The doctor will in detail tell, what are the indications and contraindications to the tooth extraction directly applicable in your case. The doctor will carefully examine your mouth and if necessary refer for x-rays.
Contraindications for operation
Indications for tooth extraction may not apply to all patients, there were contraindications, but they are extremely rare. Some types of diseases involve the postponement of the operation. After recovery or due to fulfillment of the requirements for the preparation for the operation the doctor will be able to carry out the procedure.
Temporary contraindications to surgery is considered to be the following scenario:
- Diseases of the cardiovascular nature.
- Diseases associated with the kidneys.
- Disease caused by the appearance in the body of the infection.
- Cases where the patient’s condition is estimated as heavy.
- Insufficient technical equipment for the operation.
- Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs.
- Acute mental illness.
- 1 and 3 trimester of pregnancy.
When the tooth is removed, use local anesthesia, which may adversely affect health. Therefore, the patient is extremely important to know what are the indications and contraindications for extraction of teeth he has. Or the operation should be postponed for some time.
Indications and contraindications for removal in children
Require special attention teeth you want to keep up the appearance of the root. If indications for removal of teeth is necessary for their physiological change, perhaps you should think about whether surgery is needed or can be postponed. Mandatory are subject to removal baby teeth, which:
- can cause a septic condition of the human body;
- have resolved the roots;
- are inflammatory lesions that can destroy the beginnings of the root.
In some cases, do not hurry to get rid of a temporary tooth? If milk is no rudiment of the indigenous, there is no need to remove it, as it is able to fully perform the functions of the permanent. The early age period is also an unfavorable time for the operation. The consequence junk removal can be violations of the anatomical structure.
In the case where the operation of an adult or child inevitably, after uninstalling, try the following suggestions:
- Be sure to limit physical activity or completely eliminate.
- Within a few hours (usually 2-3 hours) to refrain from consuming food and hot drinks.
- Rinse your mouth with water solutions.
- If necessary, the doctor will prescribe a course of antibiotics to speed up recovery after the removal procedure.
- Failure to follow these simple requirements may lead to adverse effects in the healing of the hole.