Inflammation of the periosteum of the tooth treatment
A beautiful smile always testified to the good condition of the teeth. Inflammation of the periosteum of the tooth, the treatment of which requires time and effort, is more common. Failure to carry out medical procedures for diseases of the oral cavity causes negative consequences, including tooth decay, root decay, infection of the oral mucosa and the subsequent negative developments affecting all organs.
What is an inflammation of the tissues
Inflammation of the periosteum of the tooth is called a tumor around an unhealthy tooth. Its occurrence is accompanied by severe pain, swelling, fever, and accumulation of pus. In people, the disease called the flux, and in medicine — a periostitis.
The periosteum is a connective tissue that covers the bone externally. It consists of 2 layers — inner and outer, so the penetration of infection from a diseased tooth can lead to:
- the appearance of infection in the lower row of teeth — swelling and swelling that is most noticeable in the lower submandibular nodes, a phenomenon may go to the larynx, and then spread to the bronchi and lungs;
- with the defeat of the upper row of teeth suffers upper part of the face — there are swelling and swelling, mainly suffers from the nose and under the eyes, dangerous is pus appearing from inflammation; it can move higher in the brain, which will lead to negative consequences for health and human life; in the area of destruction occurs lump.
Inflammation of the periosteum of the tooth can be caused by a complication of other diseases. The inflammatory process occurs because of tooth decay, the destruction of hard enamel, because of the boils as a complication of tooth extraction or after a periodontal infection in the oral cavity due to interrupted treatment, for example, delayed the installation of temporary fillings in permanent option.
As inflammation develops
The disease begins to develop because of the fact that in an unbaked tooth is the destruction of enamel. Therefore, the tooth appears cavity, where decay occurs. Then the infection gets into the soft tissue inside the tooth — the pulp. Affects the end nerves, and the patient comes in in pain, but this may not be the last stage.
The disease develops rapidly and strikes the root of the tooth. It is there begins to accumulate pus, which eventually needs to go. The shortest way is the periosteum of the tooth. Pus can’t come out naturally, as the fistula output is formed very rarely. For this reason, the seal around the tooth is rapidly increasing along with the swelling. In this case, it needs urgent visit to a specialist.
Symptoms of inflammation of the periosteum following:
- the emergence of toothache at the moment when there is a biting or pressing on the aching tooth;
- the formation of edema in the affected site is the lower or upper part of the face;
- intoxication, accompanied by weakness, malaise, headache, fever and dry mouth;
- often in the presence of chronic disease thickens the jawbone;
- the development of a strong inflammation, which was swollen submandibular nodes, there is pain when pressing on them, and difficulty swallowing.
The consequences of the disease
The reasons for the emergence of the disease are different, so if a patient before you remove the tooth, suffered a sore throat or the flu, there is a risk of complications. Inflammation of the soft tissue occurs due to any virus that came into the oral cavity. For example, the source — unwashed hands. Pain can affect the throat, ears, eyes and head.
If you delay treatment, the patient can develop disorders that are a danger to health and life. These include purulent-necrotic process in the bone is osteomyelitis, and acute inflammatory processes of fiber — phlegmon. These complications are cured only in a hospital with surgical intervention.
The first steps and treatment
Only a doctor will be able to provide effective assistance. He opens the abscess that the contents came out. After this procedure, the dentist will prescribe remedies to relieve inflammation and for rinsing. If necessary, you will need to pull a tooth, but if it’s not too bad, the doctor will do his treatment.
The actions of the first urgent care include the opening of the abscess to create the release of purulent secretions. Treatments are gargle, painkillers and anti-inflammatories, antibiotics.
When the accumulation of pus comes out by itself, the pain subside, the swelling reduced in size. Such manifestations are not talking about the complete disappearance of the disease. It can be repeated, so you need to go to the doctor and get treatment.
If this is not done, the disease goes into a chronic form, and will appear in any period. In this case the mouth will be unpleasant to smell, and the human body is affected by toxins from rotting.
Therapy should include holistic methods of treatment. Among them, the use of drugs, surgical methods and physio-therapeutic treatments.
Therapeutic action on diseased tissue are in stages:
- Initially opening the infected gums.
- Doctor removes the infected tissues and cleans the cavity of pus.
- Starts after the penetration of the nerve canals.
- They cleaned the purulent plaque.
- Next, they placed the drug.
- The tooth cavity is sealed.
- With this seal, the patient should go up to 5 days (duration is directly related to the stage of the disease).
- A temporary filling is removed.
- The channels then treated and sealed.
- In conclusion, the dentist installs a permanent seal.
When the procedure is over, you want to take a picture where you can see qualitatively whether the doctor treated the tooth. Cases of repeated inflammation was observed. In this situation, the expert repeats the above procedure.
The chronic form of the disease involves other actions — removal of a diseased tooth. In addition to the above, the doctor may refer the patient for physiotherapy. One of them is UHF, which is an effect of alternating current on the mucous membrane. Often used darsonvalization, i.e. the influence of the sinusoidal current to the site of localization of the disease, UV radiation and laser therapy.
Standard treatment regimens
Effective can help to be a doctor, using complex therapy. There are several schemes of medical treatment:
- The use of drugs that provide analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. Especially popular are Nimesil and Diclofenac.
- The use of antihistamines, which exclude the occurrence of allergies. This files most often prescribed Cetirizine or loratadine.
- The administration of antibacterial drugs. If developed purulent form of zabolevaniya, you can do without them. Antibiotics can be administered using injection or in pill form. The most common Amoxiclav, Lincomycin, Clindamycin and Ciprofloxacin. Valid, and local application of antibiotics. When made itself known Allergy electrophoresis, applications. To commonly used antibacterial agents include Metrogyl-Denta and Levomekol.
Complications of infection of the periosteum of a tooth can seriously affect a person’s life, therefore, self-administration of antibiotics and medical treatments can influence the illness to be dangerous.
Than rinse your mouth
Get rid of the annoying symptoms using people’s proven methods. Suitable for rinsing solutions such as:
- a weak solution of potassium permanganate (has slightly pink color);
- a solution of soda (in a glass of warm water will need 1 tablespoon of baking soda);
- herbal infusion of chamomile and Clary sage (in a glass of boiling water is required for 1 tablespoon of herbs, infuse for half an hour before use, drain);
- tincture of oak bark, calamus root, Rue, lemon balm, green tea (prepare as in item No. 3).
One of the folk remedies is to apply a cabbage leaf to flux. Reduction in pain can be achieved, if you put a hot water bottle with cold water. Rinsing will help with the inflammation, when not possible a quick visit to a specialist, and after treatment. They reduce inflammation, reduce pain, and to conduct sanitation of the oral cavity.
This way you can treat diseases of the throat. It is recommended to take food in liquid form, which should be full of vitamins. If you have a place to be poisoning of the body and fever, it will be useful warm drink and broth.
Which will harm for inflammation
If the disease made itself felt, is not:
- warm the lesions compresses, as they contribute to its development and accumulation of pus;
- to self-medicate;
- before visiting the doctor to take a painkiller, because it will make difficulties in diagnosis;
- to use the tools that thin the blood after the incision was made to pus flowed (bleeding may occur).
Inflammatory processes in the periosteum of the tooth occur because of the frivolous attitude of the person to your teeth and delayed treatment. In order to deal with a dental disease and complications need to:
- To monitor the hygiene of the mouth. Regularly brush your teeth, rinse your mouth after meals. This will help special tools and solutions that can be purchased in the pharmacy section.
- Periodically visit a dentist who will inform you about the condition of the teeth.
- Time to treatment of caries.
- Choose to use proven tools in a pharmacy, and not in the other sources where you can become the owner of forgery. In addition, the market is full of medications that long period of time was under sunlight, and therefore has lost its healing properties.
- Timely removal of plaque, which becomes a reservoir for different bacteria.
- To carry out rinsing with a solution of soda and infusion of herbs in diseases of the throat, because the infection that hit the throat, can penetrate into the mucous membrane of the gums.
- To increase the frequency of eating vegetables and fruits. Vitamins and useful minerals will only benefit. They enhance the immune system and tooth enamel. Preference is given to fresh apples, as their acid cleans the enamel of the teeth. Its strengthening will occur if there are products filled with fluoride and calcium, which are present in dairy products, honey of natural origin, various nuts, and eggs (especially quail).
Be aware that natural liquid outlet and a satisfactory state of health in the future is a fickle phenomenon. If diagnosed with inflammation of the periosteum of the tooth, the symptoms will disappear, but the cause is not going anywhere. Negative processes in the decay of the tooth will continue, so a visit to the dentist will be sooner or later.
Periostitis is a serious inflammatory disease, therefore, excessive stress, continuous exposure to stress, lifting heavy objects or hypothermia may cause reoccurrence of the disease.
However, it can bring complications, spreading to all areas of your face, including can suffer bone. These circumstances can be avoided if timely seek a dentist for treatment.