Inflammation of the root of the tooth-pictures, symptoms, treatment
Inflammation of the tooth root has a distinctive features, so is presented in the article photos, as well as the symptoms and treatment of the disease will help to understand the etiology and features of course of periodontitis.
However, without the intervention of a dentist it is impossible to get rid of the disease, so when the pain make sure you schedule a doctor’s appointment.
Periodontal changes surrounding the root, often develop due to running pulpitis. When the patient for a long time, a sore tooth, and he postpones a visit to the dentist for an indefinite period, pathogenic microorganisms from the pulp chamber are distributed through the apical hole on ekologiniu area where and cause inflammation.
Dentists there are two main reasons why there is periodontitis.
- The spread of infection.
- Traumatic defeat.
To inflammation at the root of the tooth infectious origin are the following prerequisites:
- poor quality of treatment – when the dentist does not comply with the rules in root canals and conducts defective mechanical treatment followed by removal of the nerve, breaks the rules of antiseptic and technique of sealing the tooth cavity, because of their actions over time, microbes begin to proliferate and penetrate into the periapical area, which leads to the development of inflammation;
- delayed therapy is the destruction of enamel and dentin during the caries formation is influenced by micro-organisms from soft plaque, so if a person does not appeal in a timely manner to the doctor for treatment, the bacteria are able to penetrate deep into the tooth, affecting the pulp, and in the absence of timely intervention – and of periodontal tissue;
- teeth coated with tooth – each prosthetic design has its own life, the passage of which it is possible to offset slacking, which leads to the penetration of germs under the crown, whence they are removed during the cleaning impossible. The microorganisms start to break down the hard tissue, infect polyarnoy cavity and penetrate into the periapical area. So if you find that the crown stays on the tooth longer so firmly, and between it and the gum there is free space, then do not wait until the pain occurs and contact your podiatrist;
- gingivitis and periodontitis – in the development of marginal periodontitis is observed the formation of pathological periodontal pockets through which infectious agents penetrate through the expanded periodontal crack in the top of the tooth and there cause the development of inflammation.
Traumatic etiology of periodontitis is the result of several processes.
- Fracture or transverse fracture of the root.
- Separation of connective tissue fibers that hold the tooth in the alveolus.
- Breaches of the seal, when the material leads to an increase of the bite, causing the periodontal tissue is continually reinforced chewing load.
- Occupational injuries in boxers, hockey players and other athletes.
Periodontitis can be of two types: acute and chronic. Depending on the stage of the disease are different complaints and signs characteristic of this pathological condition of the periapical region.
► For acute periodontitis has the following complaints and symptoms.
- Constant nagging pain, the intensity of which does not depend on the time of day.
- The increased discomfort with pressure.
- Feeling «grown up» tooth, which is problematic to the patient to close the jaw, since such an action causes severe pain attack.
- If exudate is present, the discomfort is amplified from the hot.
- When the accumulation of pus in the projection of the root apex occurs throbbing pain, which radiates along the branches of the trigeminal nerve.
- In presence of purulent exudation, it increases when taking hot food.
- Impaired General condition, weakness, hyperthermia.
- Often enlarged lymph nodes in the submandibular region.
During the examination the doctor can detect the tooth is covered with a large seal. This often indicates that the previously performed endodontic treatment of pulpitis or is defined by a deep carious cavity, fulfilled dentinal decay. When sounding unpleasant feelings do not arise, and during percussion pain increases.
► Chronic inflammation of the root is characterized by less pronounced symptoms:
- pain is absent, there may be discomfort when pressing on the tooth;
- fistula – occurs with frequent exacerbations granulomatous periodontitis when the fluid melts the tissue and finds its way through the hole on the gums, which are located in the area of projection of apex of root. In the period of remission such education looks like a modified portion of the mucosa;
- halitosis is an unpleasant odor emanating from the oral cavity is a frequent companion of chronic apical periodontitis due to the fact that cariogenic bacteria destroy the hard tissues of the tooth, penetrate into polyarnoy the camera and lead to the formation in it of necrotic masses.
Inflammation of the root of the tooth and its treatment
When there is a toothache, the first thing you need to do is to seek the assistance of the dentist, as if even eliminate the pain at home and work, then eliminate the cause, which led to inflammatory phenomena, only by a professional.
The first thing the dentist will do when you come to him with complaints of discomfort, he will carefully examine the mouth and ask questions about the nature of pain and its intensity, and how long she worried. After collecting history is necessary to make a radiograph of the suspected tooth.
In the case of acute apical periodontitis obvious signs on the radiograph is not specified, the first changes are observed after three or four weeks after the onset of inflammation. However, looking at the picture, the doctor can judge the quality of past endodontic treatment, and the condition of the tooth as a whole.
Inflammation at the root apex has a different treatment depending on the stage of the process:
- acute periodontitis – quality treatment can be carried out not less than 2-3 visits to the doctor. After adequate anesthesia is the opening of the tooth cavity and evacuation of necrotic pulp dissolution or unsealing of channels. Further tactics depends on serous or purulent exudate is obtained, therefore, after careful medical treatment, the tooth may be left open for 1-2 days or running the temporary filling material based on calcium or antibacterial drugs. Final filling with permanent sealant is performed only after the abatement of acute inflammation with the mandatory implementation of the x-ray control;
- chronic periodontitis – treatment can be performed in 1-2 visits, although in severe cases, sometimes therapy lasts for several months. The main objective is to eliminate infection from the pulp chamber and periapical region, as well as restoring bone structure in the projection of the apex of the tooth.
In addition to manipulations in the oral cavity upon detection of a purulent discharge dentists often prescribe broad-spectrum antibiotics that eliminate pathogens and prevent further spread of infection.
Severe pain will help to relieve the tablets have analgesic effect. They can be taken before you go to the doctor to alleviate their condition. Most effective when the pain is dental in nature following medications.
Folk remedies do not replace medical care, but they can be applied in order to eliminate the pus and accelerate the healing of the fistula on the gums, resulting in chronic inflammation of the root with the formation of granulation tissue.
Than rinse, to speed up recovery:
- soda-saline solution – one teaspoon of substances to pour into a glass of warm boiled water, stir and apply as a mouth baths 3-4 times a day;
- a decoction of chamomile flowers – 10 g of powdered collection add 250 ml water and put on fire for boiling, and the resulting tool to cool to room temperature, drain and rinse mouth as needed;
- sage broth – 1 tbsp dried plants pour into a container and pour a glass of boiling water, after insisting to irrigate the oral cavity 5-6 times a day;
- calendula tincture – prepare yourself or purchase in a pharmacy alcohol tincture of marigold. Rinse need 1 tablespoon of liquid diluted in 150 ml of warm water, repeat the procedure 3 times a day.
Video: what is an inflammation of the tooth root and how to conduct the treatment?
Regular visits to the dentist to preventive examinations and early treatment for decay or acute pulpitis, to avoid complications and the occurrence of inflammation at the root of the tooth.
If there is a periodontitis in the acute stage, adequate treatment conducted in the first days after the development of pathology, prevents chronic process, and also protects from unpleasant consequences, such as cellulitis, osteomyelitis, or abscess.
- upon detection of cavities even at an early stage is necessary as early as possible to go to the dentist to have it removed demineralized tissue is destroyed and restored the integrity of the crown with a filling material;
- regular twice daily brushing with brushes, paste and floss;
- preparation of the diet, the most important place in which is given to meat and dairy products, fresh fruits, vegetables. The amount of sugary meals and fizzy drinks should be restricted;
- visits to the dentist not less than once every six months for professional hygiene and preventive examinations.
By following simple rules of basic care for the oral cavity is possible to avoid inflammation at the root of the tooth and other dental diseases.