Laser dental implant: what is it, price, reviews
Increasingly, dentists suggest replace the lost units in the dentition to place dental implants. After all, they are able to transform the smile and perform all the functional load. A special place took the laser implantation. What it is, its price and feedback from patients we describe in more detail.
Considering the advantages offered this system one can assume that the whole process of surgery and healing of the tissues takes place much easier. But it’s worth noting that not every dental clinic has the right equipment and a specialist with the right qualifications, so to find a doctor who will be able to hold it is sometimes quite difficult.
What is laser implantation?
The procedure of implanting an artificial root is almost the same as in the classical implantology. The only difference – the surgery is performed without incision by mechanical means. To this point direct the beam to the desired location.
The laser helps to prepare the bed for the implant by burning off the tissues. When this occurs, the evaporation of water and immediate closure of the damaged edge of the mucosa. The radiation power in the range 0.5-0.7 W, and the wavelength is 810 Nm. For different tasks a doctor can determine both pulsed, and continuous radiation, depending on the needs.
All this contributes to the ease and speed of the process and faster healing of tissues. Patients note that in this case, there is no unpleasant or even terrifying sound of a drill, not afraid of scalpels and other usual tools of a dentist. Thanks to this achieved a more comfortable environment that can not but rejoice.
The pros and cons
Implantation laser not for nothing is one of the best, as it has clear advantages:
- the lack of direct contact of the tissue with any cutting tools;
- the burnt edges are immediately closed, which reduces blood loss and reduces the risk of infection;
- point impact provides minimum damage to the land, the amount of which is not more than 1 cm;
- lightweight a period of healing and rehabilitation;
- additional bactericidal properties of laser ensures the safety and sterility of the procedure;
- time of implantation is greatly reduced – up to 20-30 minutes;
- the lack of blood in the area of operations allows the physician to better control the whole process;
- due to the minimal impact and prevent scarring provides a good aesthetic effect;
- the laser helps to avoid tissue necrosis and many unpleasant postoperative adverse reactions;
- fast healing gives an opportunity early to put in the permanent crowns;
- the adaptation period is reduced to sparing minimal treatment, as the pain and inflammation are quite fast, and the infection virtually eliminated;
- reduces the likelihood of rejection of the implanted pin;
- comfortable feeling of the patient during surgery, as there is no frightening sounds, pain and other troubles characteristic of dental procedures.
If to speak about the shortcomings of laser interference has only one drawback – a high price for carrying out such a procedure. This is due to the fact that the necessary equipment is expensive and requires special training of the doctor who will work with him.
Indications and contraindications
To appoint a laser implant can in all cases when you want to restore the dentition because of the loss of a separate unit, and fully edentulous in one or both jaws. This is especially true when the patient does not fit dentures or there are any contraindications to other types of implantation.
But the inability to carry out such a procedure involves the majority of the warnings, as for all cases of implantation. In addition, laser treatment is not allowed in these situations:
- the presence of pigmentation or birthmarks on the eye;
- any education is malignant or benign;
- the presence of chronic pathologies of the oral cavity, especially in the stage of decompensation.
In each case, the physician must assess the condition of the patient’s oral and General health to decide whether to do laser-based dental implants, or other methods of prosthetics.
How is the procedure?
Differences from standard operation for the implantation of the implant are almost there, with the exception of the instrument for dissection of tissue. Initially, one must manifest the General examination, history taking and diagnostic procedures to identify all the necessary parts to implantation. In doing so:
- x-rays, which help to define the bone status and the necessity of its increase is determined by the height of the alveolar crest and various defects;
- computed tomography, which gives the opportunity to assess the condition of each layer of soft tissue, to determine the length of the implanted implant and the orientation of the bed;
- a panoramic overview – identifies problems of the dentition and provides additional information about the condition of the alveolar process.
Also the patient will require blood tests and, if necessary, to consult with other doctors. Then necessarily followed by dental preparatory manipulation:
- professional cleaning of the dentition and oral cavity;
- remove the destroyed units, the old crowns;
- a bone graft modern techniques, if necessary;
- treatment of cavities, inflammations and other periodontal problems that are detected;
- can also replace outdated fillings, crowns or dentures to a higher quality and relevant the new standards of dentistry.
The main procedure is divided into two stages, although sometimes carried out and the Express method, which involves the establishment of full structures in a single session. More often the process of laser implantation as follows:
- Be given local anesthesia to numb the area of exposure.
- Dentist a marker notes the site of implantation of the implant.
- By using a directional beam form a bed of the desired size.
- Physiodispenser set up and fixed pin.
- Then attach the abutment and can put a temporary crown.
- Sewing up the place of the incision, give recommendations to the patient’s tissue healing.
- And only after 3-4 month after complete regeneration of mucosal healing abutment is changing the abutment and install a permanent crown.
If making a one-step technique, all doing it at once without waiting for the process of tissue healing. It is not always justified, so the doctors prefer a two-step exposure to reduce risk.
The nuances of the postoperative period
Due to the fact that the laser does not cut through tissue mechanically, affects the minimum area and immediately closes the wound surface, and the regeneration process is much faster and easier. This is noted by almost all patients. And yet, some of the rules for rehabilitation should adhere to, in order to ease any symptoms:
- in the first days after surgery can be a pain, so doctors prescribe painkillers;
- to relieve inflammation and puffiness, it is sufficient to rinse the mouth with herbal teas or special tools purchased at a pharmacy;
- also, with such unpleasant symptoms copes regular ice, it is recommended to attach to the cheek every 15-20 minutes;
- well help preparations of local action, such as Holisal, Metrogyl-Denta, Solcoseryl, etc.;
- a few days after surgery should you start brushing teeth, but use only a soft brush;
- if not set, a temporary tooth, for the processing of the abutment is convenient to take special monopikovy brush;
- try for the period of tissue healing eliminate from the diet of any hard or hot foods and to eat only warm liquid or puréed meals.
Some patients feel in the first week of a foreign object in any way, as it is different from natural teeth. But this itself takes place in a relatively short period. The pain symptoms as quickly cease to bother, and inflammation are removed with antiseptic solutions. To worry about any side effects after laser implantation not necessary, as they are virtually eliminated.
Video: laser implantation of teeth.
As already mentioned, the cost of this procedure is rather big, so as to afford such equipment can not every clinic. This is usually private dentistry with high prices for their services. To learn about how much does laser implant dentistry, you need to visit the clinic which is conducting a similar procedure in your city.
On average, the price of installation of one implant starts from 25 thousand in a two-step method, and from 30 thousand rubles, if provided by a one-stage procedure for implantation of the entire structure. But it should be understood that the final cost of the entire process will depend on the chosen complex of the measures (cleaning treatment, replacement fillings, or dentures), as well as the materials used for implants, abutments and crowns.
Last year I was doing laser surgery. Afraid that will be worse than advertised, but was quite simple. Half an hour sat in the chair, watching the doctor, and then drank painkillers and rinsing my mouth a few days. No unpleasant symptoms were observed.
When the question of implantation, my choice was simple – let more expensive, but safer and easier. Laser is considered the best in any operations. Procedure I happy, the doctor is well coped with the task, and the whole process took over a half an hour, although it was necessary to place three implants.
I had to use one session for the entire procedure. The doctor warned that there may be complications because of this. But it seems to me that the laser can not be afraid of such things. It was quick and easy, implant perfectly caught and the process took very little time.
► What country better?
In implant dentistry, as in other areas, well established countries such as Germany, Sweden and Switzerland. It’s not necessary to go there to carry out the procedure. In our local clinics purchased the foreign equipment, materials, and doctors are trained abroad all the details, getting the appropriate qualifications and certificates.