Lincomycin in dentistry: instructions for use, price, reviews
It often happens that diseases of the oral cavity are accompanied by infection then antibiotics will not do. Well established Lincomycin in dentistry. The instructions for use, price, and reviews about the product will describe in more detail.
It is important to follow the instructions to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and without harm to the body.
Indications for use
Lincomycin hydrochloride is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. It affects many bacteria, including streptococci, staphylococci, spirochetes and other gram-positive aerobic species.
The only cases when the Lincomycin is useless against viruses, protozoa and fungi and gram-negative bacteria.
Most often, the use of Lincomycin is justified in the following cases:
- inflammation of the tissues of the mouth.
- purulent diseases, abscesses and fistulas.
- the development of periodontal disease or periodontitis in the acute form.
- severe form of ulcerative gingivitis.
- with clear evidence of osteomyelitis.
Also in the preventive purposes Lincomycin can be prescribed after surgery, tooth extraction or to prevent re-infection of the oral cavity.
The advantages of the drug
The main feature of Lincomycin in dentistry is that the active substance can accumulate in bone tissue as necessary. There are other advantages of this antibiotic:
- It acts on most microorganisms, which are often impossible to destroy using other drugs.
- Bacteria does not occur resistance to this drug, so it can be used more than once.
- Because lincomycin accumulates in bone tissue, some time after discontinuation of the medication it will restrain the growth of pathogenic microorganisms.
- If you take lincomycin in minimal doses, it has a preventive effect, stopping the growth of bacteria.
- In the case of acute infection the doctor will prescribe the maximal dose that will not only stop the growth of bacteria, but also destroy the existing microorganisms.
Forms of Lincomycin and instructions for its use
Depending on the degree and localization of infection, as well as for the sake of convenience, the doctor may prescribe a variety of forms and dosages of the drug. How to apply, details have to paint the dentist, but the main points indicated in the instructions.
- Capsules Lincomycin capsules drink on 500 mg three times a day. How many days to drink the drug should tell the physician, considering the patient’s condition and other details. Children need to calculate the amount of drug depending on their weight. So, per kilogram of body weight of the child taking 30-60 mg of the antibiotic, and break the total daily intake into several doses. It is recommended to take the drug two hours before or after a meal, as food affects absorption of medications. The more you are satisfied and closer to the meal consumed the capsule, the worse metabolized the antibiotic.
- Capsules, this method of application provides a more rapid and effective impact, but the possible manifestation of side effects. Injections can be administered as intramuscular and intravenous. Injections in the gums are almost not applied. If intravenous medication should be diluted with isotonic saline or glucose. 600 mg drug give 300 ml of solution. It is important to observe the frequency of the injections is to do them every 8 hours. In the treatment of children in this way, the daily dose is calculated at 10 to 20 mg per kilogram of the child.
- Ointments — Lincomycin in the form of ointment in dentistry is almost never used. It is used for treatment of the skin. Put two or three times a day on the affected area.
- The patch is the most convenient and easy-to-use – patch diplen-Denta-L. This is self adhesive patch specially designed for dental treatment. One side consists of hydrophilic layer for better contact with diseased gums. The second side is hydrophobic, which provides reliable protection against the ingress of unwanted substances into the treatment area. This patch is attached to the gum for 6 or 8 hours and then gently remove.
In appointing the drug it is important to consider contraindications when is strongly prohibited to use this medicine:
- during pregnancy and during breast-feeding;
- in cases where there is increased sensitivity to components of the drug;
- disorders of the liver or kidneys.
Rare, but still happens, what medications a person has side effects. In the case of lincomycin it can be:
- Reduced number of platelets, leukocytes, and neutrophils in the blood.
- May develop problems such as stomatitis or glossitis.
- The gastro-intestinal tract may appear painful sensations, nausea, and even vomiting. Also increases the risk of esophagitis, colitis, and activation of liver enzymes.
- In some cases, it may be an allergic reaction.
- It is also possible headaches, weakness, lung disorders of orientation and changes in blood pressure.
Often dangerous side effects were observed in the cases of injection of lincomycin, or use it as a dripper. In this case, should be treated under the strict supervision of a physician, and periodically donate blood for analysis. Self-medication in this case is totally inappropriate.
In the form of capsules and vials of this medication is high price. In Russia, the average price of one pack is 90 – 120 rubles, in Ukraine you can find them for 30 – 50 hryvnia.
If we talk about the patch, its price will be much higher – 650 rubles for Russia and 400 UAH for Ukraine.
Video: how to choose safe method of periodontal therapy? Responsible Pashkova G. S.
Had to take this drug when problems arose with inflammation. But I immediately began dysbiosis. Thought to stop taking the antibiotic, but the doctor said that it is better for him to take probiotics. Now my goiter but after taking Lincomycin with teeth all right.
I had to remove a wisdom tooth, then the doctor insisted on preventive reception of Lincomycin. The remedy moved easily, without any side effects. The only caveat was weak for a few days throughout the body. Think it could be the action of the antibiotic, and the manifestations of the postoperative period.
My doctor treated me with Lincomycin, when I had the flux. The effect was immediately apparent. The next day my cheek is asleep. Recommended once a month to do a simple rinse with Lincomycin for the sake of prevention.
► How can I replace?
There are other analogues of this medicine – Medaglini, Colimycin, Limosin and Nelore. It is advisable before you choose a specific drug, it is better to consult a doctor. Though their composition is similar, but the effect on the body may vary slightly.
► Chloramphenicol or Lincomycin – what is best in dentistry?
Both the first and the second drug is prescribed for infections of the oral cavity. But which one to use in a given case has to decide only a doctor. Each of these drugs has its own nuances for use, serious side effects and various forms of release.
► Does the drug with alcohol?
There are several reasons why alcohol is absolutely contraindicated while taking any antibiotics, including Lincomycin. First, alcohol increases side effects, especially from the nervous and circulatory systems. Second, when alcohol people often also eat abundantly. And as we have pointed out, a rich meal reduces the absorption of the medication.