Lump on gum after tooth extraction
According to experts, a bump on the gum after tooth removal is one of the symptoms of the pathological process. Ignore the appearance of such tumors does not, as it may be a signal that the gum tissue has intensified the processes that pose a threat to human health. If after tooth extraction there was a lump , the tumor is a precursor to serious malformations of the mucosa. And if you ignore this condition of the mouth, it can lead to serious pathologies of the gums. For this reason, it is important to know what causes these tumors, and what treatment methods are ready to offer medicine to date.
Causes of cones
Reasons can form hard outgrowths on the surface of the gums, much. But first it should be noted that a new hard lump on the gums can be one of the following types:
- Infectious. When the knot is formed due to the increase of harmful bacteria, waste products which are toxins.
- Non-infectious. When the lump after tooth extraction appears to cause injuries to the gum tissue either as adverse reaction of the medication.
Regardless of the type of neoplasm, the appearance of all without exception of bumps on the gums can trigger the following reasons:
- Inflammation in the gums. The person feels the pain of the tooth and growths on the gums. The intensity of the discomfort increases in the case of pressure.
- Fistula inside the gums. Tumors, filled with purulent contents, appear in the upper jaw. At occurrence of fistula the patient experiences the acute pain of a cutting character. After the release of pus to the outside there is a further development of the infectious process that is fraught with very severe complications.
- Inflammation in the upper part of the root of the tooth or chronic periodontitis.
- The removal of the tooth.
- The appearance of fibropapilloma. Sometimes appearing white bump on the gums can be fibropapillomas, which is a benign tumor.
- The formation of cysts near the tooth. As the primary indication of the formation of cysts is bad breath and no pain. To remove the tumor, the dentist removes the lump itself or in advanced cases, the affected tooth.
Despite this, the vast majority of medical professionals adhere to the view that as the main provoking factor that contributes to the appearance of the tumor on the gums, can be called poor oral hygiene, which causes bacteria growth the surface of the gums and teeth.
Quite often happens so that in the region of an extracted tooth formed cone. As you know, in the open hole to form a blood clot. If he has not formed or not separated, which happens with frequent rinsing, the wound may appear pathogenic microorganisms causing inflammation.
This happens if the formed in place of the missing tooth the wound, penetrate food particles. For this reason, dentists recommend to refrain from eating after the operation until then, until it stops bleeding and is not formed a blood clot.
If after removal of the tooth the patient suddenly had a hard lump that is white in shade, this signals a great danger and a valid reason for immediate referral to a specialist.
It happens so, that the technique of breaking a tooth extraction appears hematoma, which is a tumor filled with fluid. Such bumps do not pose a threat. However, under no circumstances, they cannot pierce or disturb. If you execute these recommendations, the resulting hematoma will resolve on their own.
Therapy of tumors on the gums
If after tooth extraction that left a lump on the gums, you should consult a specialist to identify the exact cause of this condition. The specialists resort to such diagnostic procedures as palpation, radiography and computed tomography. Thus selects the required method of diagnosis only a physician.
Only after the physician has determined the exact cause of the formation of growths on the gums, select the appropriate course of treatment. The appearance of pus, there is a likelihood that you will need surgery. However, to resolve a problem will be possible only if its underlying cause is completely eliminated.
Sometimes to prevent the development of the process of the inflammatory nature of dental doctors prescribe the patient antibiotic drugs, which can be represented in the form of tablets, drops, ointments, injections and solutions for rinsing the mouth.
As additional funds to treatment with antibiotics, the doctor may prescribe therapy with immunomodulators and vitamins, which is essential for maintaining the immune system and prevent worsening of chronic diseases.
In some cases, experts have resorted to the fact that before tooth extraction an injection. Indications for such measures are:
- the removal of wisdom teeth;
- a very complex operation;
- infection and inflammation;
- increased bleeding;
- the indications for antibiotic therapy;
- strengthening the immune system;
- strong violation of the integrity of bone tissue;
- a quick subsequent recovery.
The use of folk methods
Today there are many traditional medicine that can cure that appears on the gums bumps. But do not forget about the fact that such drugs will help only temporarily alleviate the condition and reduce pain.
Measures such as rinsing the mouth with a solution furatsilina or cauterization of the tumor with iodine, allow to disinfect the site of inflammation and for some time to reduce pain. To completely eliminate education with purulent content can only be the dentist who will be able to choose the adequate methods of treatment.
So for some time to reduce pain and prevent further spread of infectious process, it is possible to resort to the following folk remedies:
- Saline are considered a means of first necessity, when there are bumps of any origin. For its preparation you need 1 liter of warm water dissolve 4 tablespoons of sea or iodized salt, stirring until dissolved. Before rinsing the mixture should be slightly warm. Rinsing the oral equivalent every 4 hours and after each meal. To achieve an antiseptic effect from the received solution, you can add herbs, such as chamomile, calendula, or eucalyptus.
- Vodka is an excellent means of preventing the growth of bacteria. However, when applying it be careful. Therefore it is best to prepare this liquor tincture. For this vodka in volume of 0,5 l should be added 300 g of horseradish, to insist 3 days, then diluted with water. Rinse the resulting tincture to be given every 3 hours for 5 days.
- Good tool is the alcohol tincture on the garlic. To prepare the tincture you need 5 heads of garlic, 5 lemons and 70 ml of alcohol. Lemons peel and grind to a fine grater. Garlic skip through the press. After that, the crushed ingredients are mixed, pour the alcohol and leave to steep for 5 days. The mouthwash obtained the tincture to be given every 4 hours for no more than 3 days.
- The use of Kalanchoe allows not only to eliminate the inflammatory process, but also helps strengthen the enamel by neutralizing bacteria. So the juice of the plant is recommended to RUB into the area the appearance of growths on the gums. However, the leaves of the plant, washed and cleaned from the surface film, it is possible to chew.
- Anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of tincture of sage, calendula and chamomile. This product is amazing, resolves lumps and tumors on the soft tissues. To prepare the broth you will need 4 tablespoons of collecting herbs, which should pour 1 liter of boiled water and leave for half an hour. To rinse your mouth with this solution, it must be cooled to 36 ° C.
- Very useful properties of the mixture made from salt and honey. It will help to soften the hard lump on the gums, to bring the accumulated pus, to remove inflammation and to disinfect the oral cavity. To prepare a medicinal mixture it is only necessary to mix 1 tsp salt with 2 tsp of honey.
To prevent the formation of lumps on the gums, the experts recommend:
- Regularly to protect your mouth. For this it is necessary 2 times a day, brushing teeth, using dental floss and.
- To include in the diet foods rich in calcium and vitamins b, C and PP.
- Do not eat food for several hours after the surgery was performed to remove the tooth. Not recommended intensively and frequently rinse the oral cavity. Otherwise, there is the likelihood that a blood clot in a damaged hole washed away.
To prevent the development of dental pathologies, experts recommend to regularly visit the dentist, take preventive measures, thorough care for the oral cavity and promptly seek medical assistance in case of detection of adverse changes. If you implement all of these recommendations, it is possible to avoid the development of pathological processes and to preserve the health of the teeth and oral cavity.