Nylon dentures: removable nylon dentures
Nylon dental prostheses have been successfully used in modern dentistry. They are made of highly durable material that has a lot of advantages.
Nylon – is made from chemical fibers. Is a kind of plastic. Has a soft, flexible structure, somewhat similar to silicone. Dentists affectionately known as nylon prostheses «soft teeth» or «dentures – invisible».
Externally, subprocess looks quite aesthetically pleasing. Thanks to a special dental nylon and pink dye, the artificial gums have physiological color and are virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. When created, takes into account the physiological characteristics of the mucosa of the patient. The color of the gums individually. For this purpose there is a special scale of colors and shades.
The orthopedic fastening system is carried out by small clasps. Special clasps are made of nylon or silicone. They are invisible to the outside look. However, exercise a strong and secure fit.
First nylon subproces appeared relatively recently, in the mills of the United States. Initially, they were used as temporary prosthetic systems for the treatment and preparation for prosthetics. As well as in the preparatory phase during implantation. Dental nylon is widely used for creation of protective mouthguards for athletes. Gradually, due to the convenience and the many advantages of soft subproces have been used to wear constantly.
In some cases, shown «dentures – invisible»
Nylon dentures are used in the following situations:
- The absence of one or more teeth.
- Fully edentulous. A condition in which absolutely no teeth.
- The presence of Allergy to the metal. In such cases, the patient is not able to use the standard orthopedic structures, which include metals. Upon contact with allergen components, men can experience unpleasant symptoms: dermatitis, excessive salivation, metallic taste, permanent, aggravation of somatic diseases.
- Periodontitis at an early stage.
The option of nylon orthopedic systems is considered in cases when the patient does not want to spend the turning of healthy teeth. The clasps do not injure the enamel surface and therefore cover the support with a protective crown is not necessary. Obvious contraindications may be: periodontal disease, periodontitis in the advanced stages.
Kinds of designs
Dentures made of nylon come in different types. The options that can offer podiatrist:
- Mikroprotez is set to 1, rarely on 2 teeth. In appearance it resembles a fluttering butterfly, for which he received this name in dentistry. The attachment is subtle hooked the clasps;
- Partially detachable system. It rests on the gums and is fixed by the adjacent teeth by means of clasps. Used in the absence of several teeth in the jaw;
- Full removable nylon prosthesis. Set on a fully edentulous jaw. In this case, the support is carried out only by suction to the gums and upper palate. For more reliable fixing experts recommend the use of special gels and creams.
Dentists argue that nylon design can be a great alternative to the traditional method of prosthetics. Today, they are successfully used along with the clasp and plastic orthopedic systems.
Why should you make a choice
Nylon prostheses have a number of advantages. In exercising choice, it is necessary to pay great attention to them:
- The beauty of the finished products. High aesthetics. No visible fasteners. Thanks to special color scale, the professional can perfectly match the color of natural teeth and mucosa, which do not differ in appearance from the real thing.
- No allergic ingredients in the composition.
- The possibility of continuous wear. The orthopedic system is not necessary to remove night. They are so comfortable that after a period of habituation, is hardly noticeable in the mouth.
- Quite a long service life. With adequate care, nylon prosthesis can serve the customer for 5 to 8 years. Throughout time, it retains its original color and shape.
- Due to its flexibility, the system is rarely deformed and broken.
- The invisibility of clasps allows you to keep the smile beautiful and attractive.
- Nylon is an interesting material. It has hygroscopicity and does not absorb surrounding odors. On the surface bad bacteria multiply. Due to these important properties, the implementation of good care of the design, people will always have fresh breath. The mouth will not be exposed to inflammatory processes. Hygienic activities are carried out quite easily.
- To install the nylon prosthesis is not necessary to the preparation of the abutment teeth and establish a protective crown. This is especially useful in the absence of just one or two teeth.
- Design are flexibility and ease. Patients say that the period of adjustment after installation, is relatively quick and painless. Due to the secure fit, a person can fully communicate, to talk and to laugh.
Let’s talk about the cons
In addition to the advantages of any design flaws exist. Nylon dentures are no exception:
- Cost. This method is applied in Russia relatively recently. In connection with the need for complex laboratory works on a special technique, and also because of the high cost of materials, the price today is quite high;
- Long production time;
- The complexity in the care of the designs. To clean them you need a special toothbrush and toothpaste. If you use ordinary paste, nylon prosthetic appliances are covered with microcracks, the formation of persistent stubborn stains. In the future, they are the cause of the absorption of unpleasant odors, bacteria to grow. Orthopedic system loses its appearance, can be the cause of the inflammatory process in the oral cavity;
- The presence of rough edges that comes in contact with the mucosa, makes it impossible to carry out a complete cleaning and disinfection. As a consequence, the possible occurrence of an unpleasant smell from the mouth;
- The possibility of atrophy of the jaw bone is quite high. It may occur due to the fact that the prosthesis has a strong mobility. Sagging of the jaw just for a few mm may cause the nylon denture will need to be replaced with a new one;
- Uneven load distribution on the gums and teeth, can promote the development of their permanent injury. During the reception of solid food patients can experience slight discomfort superficial pain. The larger the surface of the structure, the more problems can arise;
- After installation, nylon dentures need plenty of time to adjust. Typically, this rule only applies to the first two weeks of wear. Subsequently, on a visit to the dentist – orthopedist, you must be every 3 – 4 months;
- If in the process of socks, there will be a complete breaking system will need to replace it. Repair is not subject!
The work of specialists
A podiatrist holds a prosthesis after dental treatment and the full rehabilitation of the oral cavity. Initially, the patient becomes a visitor of the dental practitioner. Diseases such as periodontitis, pulpitis, caries, gingivitis, periodontitis, periodontal disease should be treated.
The work of a podiatrist is: the impression of the jaw of the patient, the choice of colors, fitting wax design, to the results of the finished product. In addition, the task of the specialist is to achieve maximum convenience and comfort of the design. In the case of disturbances, he does remedial work.
The problem of dental appliances are not less significant. He’s building the model of the jaw of the man of plaster with a special plaster cast. In it, he creates a removable nylon dentures out of wax. After the fitting, specialist recreates the finished model with a special press.
How to care? Help after setting
Dentures helps recreate the teeth in the human jaw. With removable artificial systems is achieved amazing results. High aesthetics, physiology, durability, functionality and practicality. People can feel free to smile, to talk, quietly consume solid foods.
The nylon construction is in need of specialized care. This subprocess must be carefully protected from heat sources. Do not place near hot ovens and batteries. Do not wash design hot water. The high temperature leads to deformation and discoloration.
After the installation of any prosthetic system, the person passes the stage of addiction. Most often it is accompanied by unpleasant manifestations:
- Violation of diction. Dentists recommend their patients several times a day to discuss children’s tongue twisters for early habituation.
- Dryness of the oral mucosa. Upon detection of such symptom, drink a few mouthfuls of clean running water.
- Excessive salivation. In order to reduce this manifestation, you can rinse your mouth with a weak decoction of chamomile and oak bark. Natural antiseptic astringent and affect the secretion of the salivary glands.
- The discomfort of feeling detachable design can strongly be felt in the first week after installation. After 7 – 10 days, in most cases, a foreign body in the mouth was not felt. In the event of severe discomfort, consult a specialist for correction. Dentists recommend to remove the removable prosthesis made of nylon only to be cleaned and disinfected. It is not recommended to remove them at night. The constant wearing will lead to that adaptation will be much faster.
- Pain when eating. They can occur in the first month after installation. In order to minimize them, should not at the time of solid food. In the first two weeks take liquid, pureed food. Subsequently introduce products with small solid pieces. A little later, you can safely chew food of any hardness.
Clean subproces to two times daily with a special brush and toothpaste. The brush should have a soft non-abrasive bristles. Pasta should not contain aggressive components, bleaching agents. It is strictly forbidden to use as a cleansing component soda!
To implement a complete treatment, it is recommended to purchase a special ultrasonic bath for cleaning dentures. It not only removes visible dirt, but also help to get rid of invisible bacteria. For special treatment, 2 times a week use special disinfectant solutions.
After a meal, be sure to caress your mouth with clean water. Make gentle care for natural teeth. Every 3 – 4 months in to his treating orthopedist. The specialist will examine your mouth, if necessary, referred for treatment to the therapist. Will perform high-quality restoration of the prosthesis.
Removable nylon flexible dentures require very careful handling. They can not drop, hit. Always remove the dentures over a bowl of water or over a soft towel, folded in several layers.
The article describes one of the modern types of prosthesis. Answer the questions, what are dentures made of nylon. Describe the main points of the installation. The indications and contraindications. The General recommendations for care and further surveillance.