One-stage dental implants: what is, price, reviews
The most convenient way to restore smiles is a one-stage implantation. That it is, prices and features we can tell you more. And reviews patients who has already tried for this method, will show what actually causes sensations of this procedure.
In contrast to the classical implantation of such immediate replacement of damaged tooth with immediate loading takes place with its peculiarities, is much easier tolerated by the patient and reduces the entire treatment process.
What are immediate implants?
Feature of the procedure is to install artificial stem immediately after tooth extraction. And is a complete immediate loading, with fixation of the temporary or permanent crown on the implant the same day that its implantation. Thus, the reduced number of surgical interventions, and therefore the period of recovery will have to withstand only once.
Turns out sparing treatment in which the patient is delivered a minimum of discomfort. Rod implant set not in an artificial cut, and finished in a natural hole from an extracted tooth. If you want to extend the hole under the wider product the dentist uses special tools.
Occasionally and open sinus lift with simultaneous implantation to one treatment to fix all the issues and fully restore the dentition. Reducing the number of interventions not only provides patient comfort but also reduces the cost for overall treatment.
Indications and contraindications
To choose a suitable method of implanting a rod and its load may be a patient, but it is better to listen to the opinion of the physician, who by experience knows, in some cases, this technique is considered to be more successful:
- when you remove a damaged tooth that cannot be restored by other means;
- trauma unit, especially if it reaches a depth of gum tissue;
- in the event that other method of prosthetics;
- restoration of anterior teeth within the smile zone;
- in certain diseases gum or tooth number, when it requires removal of the unit.
To make this procedure successful, must comply with certain rules in relation to the health of the jaw and oral cavity:
- the bone tissue around the removed tooth and the implant of the future should not be destroyed;
- healthy gums in the area of implantation;
- sufficient bone volume for the implant pin;
- the root of removable units should not be inflamed;
- the safety of partitions in case of replacement of multirooted tooth;
- atrophy of the bone tissue is missing.
The most preferred application of simultaneous implantation is the need to replace several teeth in a row on the lower jaw. At the same time, surgery and rehabilitation is greatly reduced, and the patient is much easier to postpone the intervention.
True, in some cases it is better to choose another method of prosthesis or to resolve issues. Thus, there are absolute contraindications, even when one-stage implantation may not be a solution:
- significant atrophy of the alveolar process or bone;
- the tendency to allergic reactions, especially for materials in the composition of the alloy used for the core or for medicines used in the implantation;
- a disease such as osteoporosis;
- too a large cavity in the tooth that will not allow the insertion of an implant adjacent to the tissues as is required for technological characteristics;
- various diseases of the circulatory system;
- low blood clotting;
- disorders of a psychological nature;
- diabetes, problems with thyroid or other endocrine disease;
- a complex form of tuberculosis with complications;
- sexually transmitted infections, AIDS, etc.;
- discovered hypertonicity of the masticatory muscles.
But there are obstacles that you can first to eliminate or to wait to begin the process of simultaneous implantation. These include:
- the low level of hygiene of the oral cavity, a considerable sediment;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- gum disease (periodontitis or gingivitis);
- extensive Tartar formation;
- inflammation of the tissues in the implanted region;
- diseases such as arthritis or osteoarthritis of the jaw;
- minor changes in the structure of the bone;
- radiation therapy;
- taking certain medicines that affect blood clotting and other indicators of overall health;
- a small gap between the installed terminal and the maxillary sinuses;
- some somatic diseases, treatable.
It is worth noting that even in the presence of such harmful habits as Smoking, alcoholism and drug addiction dentists also do not make this procedure. Should abandon these preferences, and then to restore the integrity of the dentition.
Stress, depletes the body of the patient may be a temporary obstacle for the implantation of both one-stage and two-stage. Because this significantly violated resilience, reduced immunity and person will be hard to withstand surgery.
The difference with the classical implantation
To determine which implants is better classic or simultaneous, highlight the main differences between them:
|Indicators||Two-step installation||Simultaneous method|
|The level of trauma||More||Less|
|Number of interventions||Twice||Once|
|The time between the removal unit and implantation of the implant||1.5 months and more||In one session|
|The risk of bone loss||There||No|
|How much survives the rod||2-4 months||4 months|
|The fixing of the permanent crown||After the process of tissue healing||On the same day or in 2-4 days|
|Psychological comfort of the patient||Less||More|
The main advantages of this procedure are:
- Short term treatment and restoration of the dentition.
- The low rate of morbidity, since the installation of the rod produced in the resulting hole.
- A snapshot of the load on the artificial tooth does not allow the tissues to atrophy, maintaining their natural volume.
- Due to the simplicity of the procedure reduces the risks of complications and significantly reduced recovery period.
- Savings patient, it is not necessary to overpay for additional manipulation.
- Eliminates psychological discomfort due to the instant replace destroyed units with new, and less painful manipulations performed in the dental office.
- The product lifetime exceeds 20 years.
- The desired aesthetic result is achieved in one procedure.
- Provides greater patient comfort both during the implantation process implant and after the surgery.
- Retains all of the gingival contours, they do not need to be regenerated artificially.
- There is no need to make incisions in the gums and periosteum, as the rod is inserted into the resulting hole after removal of the tooth.
- Use a small amount of anesthesia, which is much easier tolerated by the body.
Among the disadvantages is allocated only lengthy process that may take a whole day. To make all the necessary manipulations in one session, it can take several hours. But this shortcoming, many hospitals save so as to create a comfortable environment for the patient, provide an opportunity to watch your favorite movie, talking with them, etc.
How to carry out the procedure?
The direct process takes only one session, though long, however, should have sufficient training for this. To visit the dentist’s office will have a few times. In General, the whole procedure can be divided into the following stages:
- Preparatory, when conducting a survey, examination and diagnosis. At this time, establishes the need for implantation, the possibility to perform the procedure in a single session, define contraindications, selected the appropriate implants and crowns. Removed the casts of the jaw to create the desired artificial tooth with the maximum conformity to natural.
- Directly the procedure of removal of destroyed units and installing the appropriate rod. Do it with local anesthesia. After a few hours, attach the crown.
- If you first installed a temporary product, then a couple of days can put a permanent. Also, this step is necessary in case of implants under dentures. They are fixed on the supporting elements and provide recommendations to the patient how to use and care for them.
These steps are modified slightly depending on the type of an operation, and special occasions. It uses a variety of technologies:
- The implantation of the rod immediately after tooth extraction. In this case, the product is fast taking root, without causing unnecessary side reactions and interference is minimized, since the rod is implanted directly into the resulting hole. At the same time set and crown that is full throttle from the first days of operation.
- Implants for several missing teeth in a row. This procedure is called basal implantation, which gives the possibility to implant even with reduced bone volume. The entire structure is securely fastened and is the base for dentures. Thus there is sufficient load on the natural fabric, not allowing them to atrophy.
- The use of mini-implants. In this case, the implanted rods are much smaller than normal. They don’t have a lot of contraindications and install them even in cases where conventional implants are unavailable. The process of implantation is greatly reduced in time, and the procedure is much simpler. However, you can use them only as a prop for plastic dentures.
Video: what are immediate implants?
To determine the value of simultaneous implantation, it is necessary to consider many factors – the materials for crowns, price dental clinic for their services, the need for additional manipulations, etc. Provide a rough table of possible procedures and available designs for this:
|Implant and porcelain fused to metal crowns with the dentist’s work||24000|
|Correction of alveolar ridge||19000|
|The installation of the Israeli company||35000|
|The use of osteoplastic membrane||6500|
|Operation with the use of terminals of the company «Replays»||26500|
|Implants «ANKYLOS» and install||22000|
|Mini-implants in the amount of 4 pieces and their placement as a support for dentures||26000|
|The use of additional bone grafting||10500|
|Transplantation of bone block||22000|
|Surgery to remove the destroyed units||900|
Different clinics may have their own pricing policy, the relevant experience of doctors, prestige of institution, and region of its location. Every time you need to specify the cost of such procedures where you are going to implantation.
«Once installed implants. The operation took place in two stages and the pain, swelling and other discomfort you had to endure twice. Now did it in one session and the healing was much faster, and hurt less».
«I had to remove the tooth in front of the number. I have this job that go with such a hole would be wrong. The doctor said that he would do everything at once. And do not have to be ashamed of, as immediately after tooth extraction, it was replaced by new. Looks like a real».
«I in this way have established several implants. Was afraid it will be very painful and long to heal. It was not so scary. Pain cut just in the first day and felt nothing. Then it all gradually healed, and after a week I could normally eat.»
«When the doctor said that it is necessary to remove the tooth, I was confused. Since you have to walk with a hole in the row did not want to. Immediately asked me to restore your smile in any way possible. He advised the suitable implants, and replaced the torn tooth artificial. I didn’t even feel anything unpleasant. Then a bit of my gums».
«I remember last time after tooth extraction I waited a year and then have to put the implant was problematic, as the atrophied bone. When I had to remove the second tooth, I immediately agreed with the doctor about carrying out the implantation on the same day. So this time, managed to save the living tissue and to restore the dentition immediately.»