Oral infection: symptoms and treatment
Oral infection leads to the development of the disease in which inflamed mucous membranes. The pathological process can capture the teeth and gums. Symptoms of infections in the mouth are often hidden, but sooner or later they manifest. Inflammation of the oral mucosa discomfort: the person feels itching and pain in the affected area. The oral mucosa is sensitive, consequently, they are vulnerable and susceptible to infection. Every disease manifests itself in different ways. Pathology of internal organs can give symptoms such as rash in the mouth. Infectious diseases of the mucous membranes of the mouth are common. What are their causes?
Why is an infection in the mouth
- Uncontrolled medications. The treatment of any disease should be professional. Improper use of antibiotics, antibacterial and other means leads to consequences.
- Infectious diseases of the mucous membranes of the oral cavity occur on the background of HIV and AIDS.
- The emergence of infections in the oral cavity may be associated with weakening of the immune system.
- Disease mouth occur in inflammatory reactions affecting the teeth, gums.
- Infection in adults is manifested by weakness, loss of appetite, pain in a certain area. Depending on the nature of the disease can be affected organs and tissues of the mouth.
- Disease of the oral cavity develops due to poor nutrition. If the mucous on the effect of aggressive food, it is traumatizing. Thus, the mucosa becomes more vulnerable and susceptible to infection.
- Provocateur dangerous diseases is Smoking and alcohol.
- Diseases of the oral cavity occur in those whose body is suffering from dehydration, is undergoing a hormonal imbalance.
Disease stomatitis: symptoms and types
In the mouth has many bacteria: they live on the mucous membranes and do not cause discomfort. By reducing the immunity of these bacteria aktiviziruyutsya. Thus, developing an infectious disease. Common infectious disease, stomatitis. If it progresses, the oral cavity is affected. Stomatitis develops in people who are incorrectly or not thoroughly cleaning the teeth. To avoid disease it is necessary to conduct high-quality hygienic cleaning. Disease can occur due to tonsillitis, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. There are several types of stomatitis.
|Catarrhal.||Manifested by edema of the mucosa of the mouth. With the progression of catarrhal stomatitis in the language appears plaque.|
|Ulcerative.||In this case, the swollen lymph nodes. Ulcerative stomatitis is manifested by dizziness. The person feels a weakness. The disease can occur in people with stomach ulcers, enteritis.|
|Aphthous stomatitis.||Leads to damage to the mucosa of the mouth, on the surface formed by erosion. Aphthous stomatitis is associated with gastrointestinal imbalance. The disease can manifest itself in rheumatism, allergies. Signs of aphthous stomatitis: swelling of the mucous membrane of the mouth, malaise, erosions in the mouth.|
Diseases caused by viruses
Common infectious viral disease. The herpes virus is manifested rashes around the mouth. An infectious process affecting the mucous membranes. With the progression of the disease in the mouth ulcers are formed: they are localized on the inner side of the lips and cheeks. A small amount of ulcers can be seen on the sky. Herpes can infect the tissue located near the teeth.
Candidiasis is a manifestation of fungal infection. It occurs when the activation of the fungi candida. Microorganisms live in the mouth and aktiviziruyutsya under the influence of unfavorable factors. Candidiasis appears in individuals with weakened immune systems. To avoid disease it is necessary to strengthen immunity, to avoid hypothermia. Adverse factors, including stress, leads to the activation of viruses. Mushrooms amaze mucous membranes. Observed fungal growth. There are several types of candidiasis:
- Pseudomembranous. Occurs in an acute form. With the progression of pathology of the mucosa of the cheeks begins to dry, the same thing happens with lips and tongue. In the language formed plaque cheesy consistency. Pseudomembranous candidiasis causes discomfort when chewing, itching. The disease can occur in persons with weakened immune systems, as well as on the background of pathologies of the blood. Other causes of pseudomembranous candidiasis, diabetes mellitus, hypovitaminosis.
- Atrophic candidiasis occurs in an acute form. At this disease the mucous membrane of the mouth become red, dry. The symptoms of this disease are poorly tolerated. The chronic form of the disease developing in those who use dentures for a long time. The oral mucosa in this disease becomes inflamed dry.
- Hyperplastic candidiasis may be acute or chronic. In chronic mucous on formed plaque. A symptom of the disease is plaque on the tongue. When you attempt to remove it, the stronger the mucous membrane is inflamed. Brushing your teeth may cause bleeding.
Lisina disease has an infectious nature. The symptoms clearly. The oral mucosa is affected by microorganisms. Involved in a pathological process skin. Zoster in the oral cavity occurs when a weakened immunity. The cause of the disease — pathology of gastrointestinal tract and liver. This disease can develop in the setting of diabetes. Lisiny is concerned with heredity. The disease lasts from one month to six months. The symptoms are redness of the mucous membranes of the mouth, on the surface of which are formed vesicular rash, erosion.
The manifestation of dysbiosis
Infection of the oral cavity rarely go unnoticed: people usually just feels wrong. The following pathology is called dysbiosis. It occurs in people who uncontrollably take the antibiotics. Self-therapy is prohibited for any disease! Antiseptics, antibiotics, painkillers and other drugs prescribed by your doctor. It so happens that the dysbiosis hidden flows. In the initial stages, there is bad breath, the corners of her mouth formed cracks.
Against the background of dysbiosis can develop periodontal disease. A sign of dysbiosis — dense plaque on the teeth, which erodes the enamel.
Infectious-inflammatory diseases not only affect the mucous membranes of the mouth, but also teeth, gums. The reasons for these pathologies.
- A weakened immune system.
- The reason can be improper oral hygiene. Poor cleaning leads to the deposition of plaque. The result is tooth decay, which causes the disease.
- Infectious and inflammatory disease develop in smokers and those who drink alcohol.
- The lack of nutrients. In the diet should be vitamins, minerals.
- The cracks obtained in the course of dental procedures, can also lead to diseases.
- Pathology of the teeth and gums are associated with lack of calcium, of fluorine.
- Infection of the oral cavity, particularly the gums, may develop on the background of other infectious pathologies.
Periodontal disease, periodontitis, gingivitis and cheilitis
Surely everyone has heard of periodontal disease. With the development of this pathology periodontal tissues are depleted, and subsequently destroyed. First, the disease is hidden. The person does not feel uncomfortable symptoms. Dangerous stage of periodontal disease called periodontitis, which occurs when delayed treatment of disease. With periodontitis the gums are modified, the neck of the teeth become exposed. The disease leads to change the position of the teeth. It can occur in humans with weakened immune systems. Preventive measures — food consumption with vitamins and proteins. Periodontitis can occur due to neuro-somatic disorders. Cup with1 possible cause — gingivitis. Periodontitis manifests plaque, bleeding gums, bad breath. The disease leads to swelling of the soft tissues. Teeth and gums start to hurt, shattering.
Gingivitis develops on the background of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular system. Cause can be allergic. Prevention of gingivitis is proper diet, proper dental hygiene. When halite affected area of the lips. Predisposing factors — inflammatory and trophic processes on the lip. The disease is associated with impaired hormonal levels, exposure to viral agents. It can develop due to lack of vitamin B. Cheilitis is manifested by zaedy, edema of the soft tissues.
Disease arising in the background of HIV
HIV infection of the oral cavity posing a threat to public health! Secondary immunodeficiency is characterized by active reproduction of pathogenic flora. Because these processes occur degenerative and even cancer. HIV infection requires early diagnosis. Scientists have not been able to find a drug that would help to get rid of immunodeficiency. Basis of therapy are anti-virus tools. HIV infection of the oral cavity — miscellaneous dental disease, developing in patients with immunodeficiency.
It is important to say that HIV has a long incubation period. From the moment of infection until manifestation of symptoms may take several years. During this time the person may not suspect the disease. To identify inflammatory disease in the oral cavity, it is necessary to visit the dentist. Early diagnosis will allow faster initiation of treatment and improve prognosis of immunodeficiency. It is important to note that diseases of the mouth, occurring on a background of HIV, often pass into a chronic form.
The causes of such pathologies
Immunodeficiency leads to the fact that tissue becomes presistently to pathological flora. Thus, they are exposed to infection. Considered the disease may occur on the background of immunodeficiency. HIV patients often suffer from candidiasis, herpes. Bacterial infection — is the impact of streptococci, anaerobic microbes, staphylococci. The body of a person with HIV does not resist the microbes. Chronic diseases of the mouth may subside and recur. With the progression of the disease the patient’s condition deteriorates, disturbances become noticeable. Irreversible secondary immunodeficiency leads to death. HIV infection of the mouth is manifested in different ways. There are 3 groups of diseases.
- Due to the immunodeficiency. This is a candidiasis, periodontitis, gingivitis ulcerative-necrotic type.
- Ulcers atypical type of the disease related to the functioning of the salivary glands.
- Pathology arising in people with HIV, they are not associated with immunodeficiency.
How does HIV infection of the oral cavity
People with immunodeficiency often suffer from candidiasis. When a doctor examines your mouth, he discovers a white-gray patches on the palate and tongue. Hyperplastic candidiasis is characterized by formation of white lesions on the mucous membranes. Erythematous form is manifested with red spots, the plaque is missing. The disease is characterized by burning sensation in the mouth.
Herpetic gingivostomatitis also develops in HIV-infected patients. In this disease appear blisters on the mucosa. If such bubbles are opened in their place are erosion. A small amount of erosion is located on the edge of the language. Herpetic gingivostomatitis is manifested by itching, burning sensation in the mouth. Kaposi’s sarcoma is a malignant disease. During diagnosis, the doctor identifies the rash with purple or pink spots. The pathology of this type are rare.
Therapy of immunodeficiency
Treatment of HIV infection — a complex of measures aimed at improving the body’s resistance. The mainstay of treatment is antiretroviral drugs. The doctor prescribes reverse transcriptase inhibitors, protease inhibitors. If the background of immunodeficiency of any disease associated with proliferation of pathogenic flora, are assigned to, antibiotics, antifungal, antiviral agents. In this case, therapy is aimed at suppression of anaerobic flora. Depending on the nature of the disease, your doctor may prescribe anticancer drugs. If you detect HIV early, the prognosis is more favorable. Prevention of immunodeficiency — compliance with the rules of hygiene, use of contraceptives during sexual intercourse. In conclusion, it should be noted that infection in the mouth require professional treatment. It is not necessary to use public facilities without the permission of the doctor. Self-therapy exacerbates the situation and leads to complications.