Pain pills for toothache — list
All who though time faced with a toothache, and are interested in list of pain pills. Great value in this situation is the strength of the drug, the rapidity of its action and influence on the body. It is the combination of these parameters should be the basis for choice of tablets for sore teeth.
Has a value and the possibility of application of children and adults, or women during pregnancy and period of breastfeeding.
Why do my teeth hurt? The main reasons
There are a number of reasons which can hurt your teeth and not every patient is able to install them.
Common signs of dental pain are diseases such as pulpitis, caries and periodontitis. Each disease has specific symptoms, they are not always accompanied by painful feeling, but it is more exceptions to the rules.
Pulpitis is an inflamed pulp, the nerve-vascular bundle, which is under the tooth crown. It can be either chronic (the pain increases gradually) and acute (accompanied by severe and sharp pain).
Common cause of pulpitis is the penetration of harmful microorganisms from the carious surface to the pulp. The disease can occur in different ways, sometimes progressing to necrosis — then, the entire pulp is exposed to infection. The patient feels severe pain, and the dentist will have to remove the tooth nerves and the pulp.
The pain also occurs when the thermal impact on the problem area. The patient can chew the food with the side of the mouth, which is a bad tooth.
Anesthesia of pulpitis with different drugs is not necessary to exercise for long period of time. Doctors recommend to adopt such means in order to get rid of the pain for the time necessary for arrival to the dentist.
Tooth decay is the most common cause the appearance of severe toothaches. The disease is accompanied by softening of the protective tissues of the tooth, after which his body is formed a cavity.
In the early stages of the disease, patients feel very weak, pain in the problem area, the situation is getting worse, when tooth decay becomes more severe.
- the pain during cleaning the oral cavity;
- the pain response to thermal stimuli;
- pain when chewing food.
After a visit to the dentist and thorough cleaning of the affected area, the pain completely disappears, however, the disease can spread to adjacent teeth. Furthermore, if caries is not treated for a long time, it may go into the pulpit, that only add to the pain.
Periodontitis is the inflammation of the tissues surrounding the tooth. Basically from this disease affects the top teeth, but the inflammation can spread to other areas.
The pain is a constant aching in nature and increases with a physical or thermal impact on the tooth. The common consequence of periodontitis is a headache.
It can also lead to serious complications:
- A granuloma appears in the event not treated for periodontitis at the apex of the tooth root is formed the cavity contents. Granuloma rarely causes himself pain, but it can lead to the formation of cysts.
- A cyst is a consequence of the development of granulomas. In the initial stages it as a granuloma, not too noticeable and not painful in the future, the disease can affect the structure of the dentition and jaws. At later stages the cyst may cause pain in the case of thermal or physical effects, injuries, General weakness of the body.
- Abscess — untreated periodontitis can cause serious abscesses that are accumulation products Groene near the top of the tooth root. The patient in this case feels very strong pain in the area of the damaged tooth and the swelling that can appear in almost any part of the face.
The above disease are the main causes of a severe toothache. It should be noted that the list is far from exhaustive, but in most cases it will help to know what you are dealing with.
Video: how to quickly get rid of a toothache
Pain relief tablets for adults
Modern medicine can offer a variety of tools to improve the flow of pain. What is drugs?
The most effective are:
- Caution main active ingredient is Ketorolac. Quickly relieves toothache and is able to operate on 4-6 hours a day is recommended to take not more than 4 tablets. The remedy is contraindicated in pregnant women and children up to 16 years.
- Have Ketonal has vivid anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects and is often taken to suppress toothache. Has a number of side effects, is contraindicated in children under 16 years of age.
- Ketarol very strong painkillers. It is not recommended to take more than 3 tablets a day. For a full and quick effect it is necessary to wash down the pill with plenty of water.
- Actualid has vivid anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. Contraindicated in pregnant women and children under the age of 12.
- Brufen — recommended to use if the pain is not too great intensity. Release form facilities: tablets and powders. Contraindicated in children (child’s weight up to 7 kg).
- Spazmalgon — effective in inflammatory processes, can be taken up to 5 times a day. If the cause of pain in the tooth was not inflamed, the medicine will not give a positive result.
- Nurofen has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, is effective against pain because it acts on inflammation. A major benefit of Nurofen is that it can be given to children and to apply (with some limitations) during pregnancy and lactation.
Before taking pills for a toothache, remember that they do not eliminate the cause of the disease, and are only the symptoms. On top of that they also have side effects and serious contraindications.
Because these tools are powerful, their use must be carefully read the user manual, and when you visit a doctor immediately to tell when, what drug and how many times you took it.
At the first symptoms of pain in the teeth at the child parents need to take him to the dentist. If there is no such possibility, it is necessary to carefully select the appropriate analgesic medication.
It argued that because the child can not give most of the classical drugs, it is possible to treat it with folk remedies (herbs, tinctures, etc.). However, there are at least two «but»:
- They carry the risk of allergic reactions for the baby;
- Their positive and anaesthetic effects is doubtful.
Therefore, the topic of folk medicine today we leave behind our today’s article and will talk about tablets for children.
The main content of such tools is ibuprofen and paracetamol, the importance and form of the drug. Depending on the situation, you can use and rectal suppositories (the smallest), and syrups.
- when you use drugs that contain acetaminophen, the daily dose should not exceed 1 gram for children up to 9 years, and ages 9 to 12 – no more than 2 grams.
- drugs based on ibuprofen are assigned to the rarely — most often used if the baby is allergic to paracetamol.
Video: universal rules of care for pain in a child
Carefully you should choose your pain meds and pregnancy, as some can harm the fetus development.
- traditional methods safe, but they give a noticeable effect only if the pain is not too strong, otherwise it is allowed to take one tablet of paracetamol;
- if you are allergic to paracetamol you can use ibuprofen — it’s allowed to take 2-3 pills a day.
- allowed the following: Pepto, spazmalgon, baralgin. Each of them recommended to take no more than 2 times a day.
► Special attention should be paid to the period of pregnancy:
- in the initial stages should refrain from any drugs;
- after the first three months of pregnancy, you can take the above medicines, but this should be done carefully;
- in the last two months, the medical equipment should be minimized because they may cause premature birth.
With regular dental pain as soon as possible to go to the doctor, he advises you the treatment according to your condition. The dentist should know about any medications that you’ve taken and their dosages, this will help to assess the state of your body and facilitate the healing process.
If the pain in the tooth is very strong and there is no way to quickly get to the dentist we highly recommend to do it with dental pain while breastfeeding, you can choose, again, paracetamol and ibuprofen.
► These tools are best suited for nursing mothers, but do not forget about the time course of treatment: it may not exceed 2 days!
Try to take any medication immediately after feeding the baby to give drugs to leave the body. Doctors recommend doing it before bed.
Many young mothers are afraid to go for a visit to the dentist and suffer severe pain in the teeth, but should not do it.
On reception at the dentist, before he starts to take any measures, make sure you tell him that you are breast-feeding. This will allow the specialist to more accurately select medicines and to adjust the treatment so that it as less as possible impact on the development and health of the baby.
Rating from Infocube.ru