Pain reliever after tooth extraction
Pain reliever after tooth removal was adopted on the recommendation of a physician. Operation of tooth removal is considered a trauma to the mucosa and bone. If after extracted tooth had pain, you can accept the anesthetic or analgesic.
Causes of pain syndrome
Consider the symptom as a normal reaction to trauma. If the anesthesia administered during the operation, the action ceased, the hole starts to hurt. The intensity of the syndrome depends on the following factors:
- the scope and duration of the manipulation;
- individual pain threshold;
- the infection in the gum problem tooth.
Usually the pain is troubling the patient for 3 days after surgery. To resolve it, you can drink analgesic medication. Its intensity will gradually decrease. The pain will disappear completely after epitelizatia wounds. When it is better to seek help from a doctor?
Urgent expert help is required in the following cases:
- the pain occurs over 72 hours or it builds up, causing swelling and redness of the gums, skin;
- on day 3 after manipulation there is a pain in the hole, there is swelling, an unpleasant smell from a mouth;
- the spread of pain on all my teeth or multiple teeth which disappears when taken pain pills.
Dentists often use Lidocaine and anesthetics, which is articaine. The latter group is Septanest and Ultrakain.
If the patient is afraid of surgery, the doctor combines anesthetics with a vasoconstrictor drug. Using vasoconstrictors decreases the amount of bleeding. Therefore, this scheme is used for complex operations.
The means used for pain relief, are selected based on the type of anesthesia that is entered during the operation. Often local anesthesia is injected — medications that block the conduction of pain impulse in the area of their introduction. After the injection eliminates pain sensitivity, teeth painlessly.
Is it possible to eliminate tooth pain, taking analgesics. Doctors suggest to drink after tooth extraction non-narcotic analgesics, as they have an effect on cyclooxygenase. This enzyme is responsible for the synthesis of substances involved in the formation of pain in the cells. Some analgesics have anti-inflammatory effects.
But that anesthesia can harm the mucosa, increasing the tendency to bleeding. Therefore, the analgesic must appoint a dentist. It is better to take the drug for maximum impact, but minimal frequency of adverse reactions.
If you have a tooth pulled than to be numb? After surgery is recommended to drink one of the following means:
- Ibuprofen quickly relieves pain, acting 12 hours. At the same time eliminates the manifestation of inflammation. Ibuprofen is taken after food.
- Nimesil — numb hole, relieving inflammation. At the same time is a high hepatotoxicity, so it is not prescribed to patients with liver disease.
- Movalis — does not cause bleeding, but has a strong and lasting analgesic effect.
- Viox quickly eliminates pain, relieving inflammation. Appointed after a complicated tooth extraction.
What other painkillers you can drink? After considering manipulations to drink Ketanov or Bol-ran.
The drugs and Ketanov Pain-wounds
The drug Ketanov has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. On the background of its administration inhibited platelet aggregation. While not oppressed breathing system, does not increase the final RIS. The tool comes in 2 forms — tablet and injection.
Ketanov effective for your pain relief after the removal of any tooth. It is recommended to take the pill immediately after the surgery. The maximum length of treatment is 7 days. The drug may cause drowsiness, dyspepsia, and diarrhea. Analogue is Ketanov Ketorolac.Pain reliever Pain-RAS refers to the combined medicines, because it also has different effects. It consists of a combination of 2 NSAIDs — Acetaminophen and Diclofenac sodium.
The active substance of the drug inhibit cyclooxygenase. For typical diclofenac analgesic effects, and paracetamol is a analgesic and strong analgesic effects. With the help of Pain-the wound reduces the intensity of inflammation, the pain decreases. Tablet, taken orally, are absorbed in the digestive tract.
Plasma is associated with up to 99.7% of diclofenac and 10% of paracetamol. Bol-ran is recommended to drink after meals, but not more than 3 times a day. If the drug is taken for 5 days in a row, it is necessary to control the functions of the kidneys and liver. The patient may lose consciousness, complaining of dizziness, headache, fatigue.
The list of banned painkillers include Aspirin, which is characterized by minimal analgesic effect. The drug has a pronounced troversial action. This increases the risk of late bleeding from the holes. This can be affected gastric mucosa.
Paracetamol — medicine-antipyretic which has little anti-inflammatory effects. This tool is included in the composition of complex medicines. Drug no-Spa is not an analgesic, but many patients consider it a painkiller. In fact it is antispasmodic, which has shown pain-relieving effect if the pain associated with spasm.
There are several recommendations that will help to reduce pain after tooth extraction:
- Gauze prescribed by doctor in place of the missing tooth, cannot be removed within 30 minutes — it cannot be replaced by a clean swab as broken blood clotting. After removing the first tampon it is necessary to keep the hole clean. It is impossible to spit blood often. Otherwise impair the process of blood clotting.
- The use of tea bags — if the wound is bleeding for more than 12 hours, it is recommended to stop its promatyvaya gauze pad. It is replaced with a teabag. Tannins contained in tea leaves, roll blood, accelerating the healing of wounds after surgery.
- Rinse mouth with salt solution — to make it, use 1 tsp. of sea salt and a glass of warm water. Salt water heals wounds, reduces pain, prevents inflammation.
For more tips doctors
To ease pain, after the operation is applied to the cheek ice. Cold put on the side that holds the tooth. Within 24-72 hours, the ice is used to reduce pain. But he will not be able to eliminate the swelling. You can replace the ice pack frozen food. This procedure is done on the recommendation of a doctor. Sometimes a surgeon advises applying heat.
To reduce pain, it is recommended to sleep on the bed, held my head high — this solution will simultaneously reduce and swelling.
While pain medication should be at hand. To drink water, the tube is not used. Otherwise, the vacuum created in your mouth will slow down the healing process.
In the postoperative period, avoid alcohol and Smoking. For several days it is necessary to control the pain. The first tablet of the analgesic is consumed immediately after removal of the tooth. This will prevent vomiting and nausea, reduce pain after discharge anesthesia.
You must be prepared for the fact that anaesthetic+analgesic provoke various complications. If tested severe nausea and vomiting, you want to take a painkiller. After taking the drug can dry lips, so they smeared a soothing balm. During the week after the manipulation it is recommended to eat soft food. First meal — 2 hours after manipulation. After surgery, you must brush your teeth and tongue, but gently.
If the patient has a weak immune system or he easily catches the virus, it is recommended to drink antibiotics and pain medication. Regimen chosen by the physician for each patient individually. If bleeding continues for longer than 24 hours or the patient is difficult to open the jaw, there is an urgent need to consult a surgeon-dentist.