Paracetamol for toothache: does how to take?
There are times when a toothache suddenly overtakes and other harbingers of a rapidly developing caries was not until defeat has not reached the pulp. The question arises, paracetamol for toothache – helps? How it take to improve your condition?
Realizing that you need to go to the doctor, not always at the reception you can get middle of the night or during the weekends when the pain reached its peak. To endure aching, sharp or throbbing pain is impossible. Fortunately, in every medicine Cabinet average family is a simple and affordable tools that help to deal with it.
Does Paracetamol for toothache?
Paracetamol is known to mankind for over a hundred years, they are actively used to relieve pain and to reduce fever. It additionally acts as an anti-inflammatory drug, but it has not been proven and such action is too weak.
Comparing the drug with similar means, Paracetamol wins on this criterion, it can not destroy the gastric mucosa, change the water-mineral metabolism or in some other manner have a negative impact on the body. This drug acts directly on the pain center and does not affect anything extra.
But for toothache it is important helps or not this drug and how quickly? If you experience pain produced by prostaglandins, which signal to the brain about infringements of work of any organ. Paracetamol is intended just to stop their activities. And though it doesn’t affect the main source of the pain, greatly reduces the amount of prostaglandins.
Avoid painkillers because the cause is not eliminated, and the bacteria that destroy tooth, able to reach deeper and hit more of the tissues, leading to serious diseases. Taking medication it is advisable not more than three days in a row, and try as early as possible to get on reception to the dentist.
In addition to dental pain, Paracetamol helps to cope with other pain syndromes of different etiology and intensity. It is often prescribed after tooth extraction in the early days in the healing of tissues, as in this period a person may experience severe pain.
Even teething children recommended to give Paracetamol syrup to reduce the temperature and pain symptoms. But all too often apply in such cases he is not worth it. Try to use other non-medicinal remedies that help the baby to reduce his discomfort.
How to take the drug?
Despite the availability and security of funds, you need to understand that this is medicine, not candy and use them should be strictly according to instructions. There are certain rules of Paracetamol:
- Taken after meals, drinking plenty of clean water. No coffee, no tea, or any drinks are not suitable and may even cause side effects.
- In any case it is impossible to accept alcoholic drinks, since their interaction will dramatically increase the amount of toxins in the liver, which will lead to its destruction.
- In order to use Paracetamol for a toothache, you need to stick to moderate doses, and this is no more than 4 grams per day. They can be divided into 3-4 doses 1 gram of the drug or to take one pill every four hours.
- Of all the forms release the drug at a more rapid effect has intramuscular in ampoules and tablets for oral administration. But if not, then you can use rectal candles, syrups, powders and capsules. In this case, the onset of analgesic effect will have to wait a little longer.
- Remember that a substance such as Acetaminophen is contained in many other drugs, which are called otherwise. It is not necessary to exceed a dosage of the active substance, taking a variety of drugs with this component in the composition. On the market are those popular products that contain Paracetamol – Efferalgan, Panadol, tylenol, Flutes, Volpin, Tylenol, Dafalgan and many others. Even in cough complexes it is almost always present.
- Before taking medication be sure to read the instructions and note the list of side effects and contraindications, that is, when the drug is absolutely can not accept or need additional consultation on this matter.
- In case of ingestion by children use children’s syrups with reduced dosage and take the medication strictly according to instructions specified in the table of substances and the age of the child.
Contraindications and side effects
Paracetamol compared to many other drugs is considered to be quite safe. It is prescribed in cases where other medications may be banned. However, it is worth mentioning its side effects:
- If there are too many drunk pills can trigger the development of kidney disease.
- He also actively affects the liver and when injected into the stomach stimulates the production of toxins that if consumed frequently begin to destroy that organ.
- He is no less dangerous for those who suffer from allergic reactions. In such cases, Paracetamol causes itching, hives, and even angioedema.
- With increased dosage or prolonged intake can be a pain in the stomach, nausea or vomiting and even problems with blood.
Therefore it is not necessary to abuse the drug, especially taking a toothache, it does not eliminate its cause. Interesting is the fact that adult Paracetamol is considered less harmless than for children, because kids not yet fully formed enzyme system. That is why the child has not developed excess toxins can destroy the liver or kidneys.
Given the list of side effects and possible unexpected reactions, should abandon the use of Paracetamol in cases of diseases of the kidney, liver, disorders of hematopoiesis and the propensity to allergies. Also it is not recommended for people suffering from bronchial asthma.
Can I take during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
We should also mention the effect of the drug during pregnancy. It is established that Paracetamol penetrates the placenta, and in the case of breast-feeding gets in the milk. But the amount is not large enough to harm the fetus or baby. Therefore, the nursing mother can safely be used to relieve toothache.
It should be understood that a small dosage of drugs can help a woman to reduce the pain, but only for a time, and the child is not hurt. But to completely get rid of the problems that caused this pain, should visit a doctor.
Pregnant women are often faced with an active defeat of teeth caries, so as a growing in their body and hormonal changes Deplete the immune system and this leads to tooth decay. To avoid serious problems and infection, it is time to visit the dentist even in such a delicate situation and to treat teeth at the initial stage of the disease.
In the case of taking Paracetamol while breastfeeding, it is desirable to do immediately after you fed the baby. Until the next initiation of breastfeeding dose of the drug in the body will have time to decline in a natural way and baby the substance is practically not effective.
Video: how to relieve tooth pain?
Always, when a child is sick, the doctor prescribes to lower the temperature and relieve pain that is Paracetamol. And even when teething she also advised us to take this drug. It really helps and does not cause adverse reactions.
Paracetamol use in all cases pain as intolerable to them. Teeth are also sometimes worried and Paracetamol helps to relive these moments until the doctor will not eliminate the cause.
I never take pills, trying the pain. But there was a case when the tooth was so disturbed that I could not work. A colleague gave Paracetamol and I was able in a normal state to wait for the end of the day to go to the dentist.
► Paracetamol or Baralgin – which is better?
Since Baralgin active active substance is not effective, doctors do not recommend it to use often. This tool is considered to be quite harmful, can adversely affect many systems of the internal organs and lead to severe allergic reactions. Paracetamol is much safer, and its effect is no worse, so it is the better choice for overall health.