Periodontal disease treatment: causes, symptoms, first signs
Periodontal disease teeth — a rather unpleasant disease. She is accompanied by changes in the periodontium and loss of bone tissue. The level of the gums with periodontitis decreases, they atrophy. The roots of the teeth become bare. Gum inflammation periodontal disease causes. Physiologically mucosa is pink. The disease is not common. However appearing, it is slowly but surely progressing. Still poorly-studied nature of the disease. Known only predisposing factors that significantly accelerate the time development of pathology. Timely recognition of the disease gum disease, helps to implement routine monitoring and to slow the progression.
Stage of development of the disease
Why is there periodontal disease? What happen and how has it developed?
Causes of periodontal disease are still not identified. However, there are predisposing factors:
- The low level of hygiene for the oral cavity. If a person does not brush his teeth, use floss and mouthwash, it is at risk. In the absence of an adequate level of cleansing your teeth, in your mouth accumulates a lot of germs. They break down leftover food and release acids that affect the enamel. Food debris deposited between teeth and deposited in the form of plaque. Initially it is soft, it is easy to remove. Gradually, the plaque becomes hard, firmly fused with the wall of the tooth, forming a dark stone. It is impossible to remove without professional help. Dental plaque and stone are deeply implanted in the periodontal pockets, making them more deep and roomy. In cells accumulate bacteria, inflammation. Despite the fact that periodontal disease symptoms are indicate the presence of inflammation, Tartar accelerates the development of pathology. Plaque gradually putting off, tightly hugs the neck of the tooth and contributes to the shrinkage of the gums. Some patients, not even aware of the presence of the disease until you come to a visit to the hygienist. After the doctor will clean, people are astonished to find how dipped their gums and exposed tooth neck.
- The hereditary factor. Scientists speculate that periodontal disease may have a genetic nature, pathology is transmitted from parents to children.
- In periodontitis, the causes can hide in poor nutrition. Nutritional lack of vitamins and minerals affects health. Possible eat fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs. Many valuable substances found in fish, meat, nuts.
- The General decrease in immunity can be a trigger in the development of the disease.
- Causes of periodontal disease — bad habits like Smoking and alcohol. Smoking leads to the formation of stubborn plaque, alcohol affects the mucous membranes of the gums, irritating them and leading to atrophy.
- General somatic diseases are one of the most frequent causes. Experts believe that if a person has gum disease, it is necessary to conduct a full examination of the body. In periodontitis, treatment aimed at identifying the primary foci of infection.
- Injuries of the oral cavity have a negative impact on the health of the gums and teeth. The reason can be: shock, drop, wearing poor dentures or braces.
- Violation of blood circulation in the oral cavity. The deterioration of metabolism, leads to the fact that the gums are not getting the necessary power, gradually begin to atrophy and SAG.
- Age peculiarities. Disease is a common disease in the elderly.
The culprit might be any body. Depending on the causes and treatment may be different. Related diseases: gastrointestinal diseases, endocrine and nervous disorders, oncological processes.
Patients suffering from diseases, have to be registered with a dentist. They visit a specialist 2 times a year, even after effective treatment of periodontal disease surgically.
The development of the pathology
In order that the disease became manifest the necessary trigger. It could be any of the factors described above. Sometimes the patient can confirm the presence of a number of reasons. The symptoms and treatment may vary depending on the stage of the lesion.
What should be decided by the doctor. The disease manifests in adults, with equal probability, women and men. The disease is caused by degenerative lesions of the periodontal tissues.
Stage of disease:
|Initial.||There are no clinical and visual symptoms of periodontal disease. Even the most experienced dentist sometimes cannot determine the presence of disease in your patient. At this stage, not informative x – ray methods. With the appearance of a releaser, the development will happen gradually. To get rid of the disease as early as possible.|
|The first stage.||Accompanied by minor manifestations. Visually observed the slightest regression of the gums. Teeth still firmly obkladyvayutsya gums, there is no mobility. At this stage, can appear the first signs of periodontal disease: pain sensitivity to cold air, hot food, sour and sweet products. The speculation of the expert with respect to the presence of the disease can be confirmed by x-rays. In the picture are to show the first signs of disease.|
|The second stage.||At this stage the disease is easily detected. Gums fall. Between the teeth you can see visible gaps. Exposing the roots of teeth periodontal disease leads to pain. The man complains about having sensitivity when eating. Despite the obvious signs, teeth are still firmly in the hole, missing their mobility. Rentgenograficheski determine the reduction in the height of the interdental partitions.|
|The third stage.||Characterized by the presence of classic symptoms. Roots half bare. Between the teeth are visible cracks. Dental units start to diverge in different directions, forming the so-called fan. There is a pronounced mobility of the teeth. The patient notes the presence of constant pain. On radiographs there is a decrease in the height of the interdental partitions from 1/2 the length of the root.|
|The fourth stage.||Is critical. The teeth will stay in their hole with the help of corner roots. Has very high mobility. The roots of the bare two-thirds total length. This is clearly seen with a simple examination. Pain do not leave the patient, cause him suffering. The person does not have anything to eat, he dramatically loses weight. There are new diseases. Advanced stage is an indication for removal of teeth and the quality of the prosthesis. How to deal with pathology, to decide the doctor. It is only after a thorough examination, will create a treatment plan your patient.|
What disease most often confuse this pathology
What is periodontal disease? How to distinguish from other pathologies?
Many people do not know the answers to these questions. Stop periodontal disease – the most important task of the periodontist or dental hygienist. Only an experienced doctor can conduct an adequate differential diagnosis and the correct diagnosis.
A well-known common types of periodontal disease:
Gingivitis – inflammation of the gums without disrupting the integrity of the periodontal attachment. It can happen if the person is not caring for the oral cavity. Pathology is accompanied by swelling and bleeding gums. In addition to these unpleasant signs, pain when eating, during the implementation of hygienic care. The disease affects only superficial tissues. Is not accompanied by enlargement and infection of periodontal pockets. All dental units are securely and firmly in their holes. On x-ray pictures show there are no changes of the bone tissue. As a rule, therapy of this pathology does not take much time. The disease can be cured by clearing the teeth of plaque and hard stone. The patient must be taught the rules of brushing your teeth with the help of modern hygiene;
Periodontitis is the advanced stage of gingivitis. The disease is accompanied by some unpleasant symptoms: toothache, swelling and hyperemia of the mucous tissue, cause bleeding. Expand cavities periodontal pockets. They accumulate food residue. Plaque, interdental of stones worsen the clinical picture. Associated bacterial infection. The man complains about the odor, the presence of purulent discharge from the gums. Appears tooth mobility. In advanced stages, can increase the body temperature.
It is the periodontitis often confused with periodontal disease, in connection with the similarity of the names. However, the first disease to date, very well researched. Dentists know the reasons for its occurrence and progression. Known successful treatments. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about the second pathology.
Is it possible to cure periodontal disease
Dentists still can only guess and assume where the disease appears. The fight against it, can not give 100 % guarantee for recovery. To cure it completely is currently impossible. In most cases, all actions aimed at the removal of symptoms. How to cure periodontal disease, should be decided by the doctor. The use of self-medication will lead to rapid progression of disease.
Modern methods of treatment
There are following methods of treatment of periodontal disease: conservative and surgical. The first occurs at the beginning and middle stages of development. When periodontal disease is treated it is necessary to comprehensively. The surgical technique used in advanced cases.
To painless methods of treatment include:
- Identifying and starting treatment of the disease, stops the destruction of bone tissue.
- Massage. It is made with a special apparatus. Good results have also been observed in Palava stimulation. As a result of the action, accelerates blood circulation, improves metabolism. The procedure teaches the doctor. The use of self-massage without the approval of a specialist is fraught with complications.
- Electrophoresis, darsonvalization, dynamic currents have a restorative effect. Electrophoresis with the gluconates of calcium helps patients to reduce pain sensitivity in the area of the exposed necks.
- The implementation of General hygiene at the professional level, allows you to clean the teeth to remove plaque and hard formations. The procedure is mandatory and paramount. Desna is better to accept the treatment, there is a positive trend. You also need to treat chronic infections: pulpitis, periodontitis, caries.
- Vitamin. When periodontal disease treatment is to take a multivitamin, tonic preparations.
- Treatment of periodontal disease of the gums, should be implemented comprehensively. A balanced diet is a good helper when combating the problem. Enrich their menus with healthier choices, your body will respond with health.
- The use of special ointments and gels. Their function is to restore the power, improve metabolic processes in the gums, providing antiseptic action. Medicines strengthen the walls of capillaries. The drugs of choice are: Solcoseryl, Heparin ointment Holisal, Alugel, Caffeine. Creams and gels rubbed into gums after brushing your teeth and rinsing with antiseptic solutions. Also use wraps and bandages. The term and duration of treatment determined by the physician. Most often the procedure is carried out 2 – 3 times a day, for 10 to 14 days. Of an application is applied for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Traditional methods of treatment based on the use of bee products, herbs and plants. Use: the leaves of a cowberry, a calendula tincture, Kombucha, grated calamus, green tea, Kalanchoe juice, garlic infusions, honey, propolis, cinnamon. Methods used to enhance the blood circulation of the gums to eliminate pain, reduce inflammation. Treatment in some cases gives a positive effect, slows down the process of subsidence of the gums. However, to get rid of periodontal disease alone is not possible. Before using any tools, find out the opinion of a competent professional.
- To prevent the development of inflammatory processes in gingival pockets using an antiseptic solution. The most famous of them are: Chlorhexidine, hydrogen peroxide, Miramistin.
Treatment of periodontitis is carried out using the apparatus «Vector».
What do the patients in the severe stages
When 3, 4 the extent of the disease is necessary to solve the question more radically. Surgical treatment of periodontal disease is quite unpleasant and painful, but very effective:
- Surgical curettage is more painful, but also productive operation. The periodontist peels the mucosa of the gums from the bone, creates for itself a good review. With special tools, removes all the plaque. Conducts a complete antiseptic treatment. After that, the doctor gives a synthetic bone. Its purpose is to fill the gaps and to regenerate healthy tissue of the jaw. The final step is suturing of tissues.
- Flap surgery is complete removal of pathological formations of the solid and of the gums. It is believed that diseased tissue can not recover their original properties and firmly clasp the neck of the teeth.
In addition to surgical treatment, applied prosthetics. Splinting of teeth with partial denture, can help to reduce the gaps between the teeth to eliminate the mobility. With the assistance of ceramic bridges can return the aesthetics of the smile and avoid pain.
The article reveals important questions: periodontal disease — what is it? How to get rid of dental pathology? If she treated painless methods or only by surgery? Describes the main causes of disease. This General advice.