Periodontitis in children: symptoms and treatment
Periodontitis in children — the result of incorrect and irregular treatment of the oral cavity. After the meal on the gums, tongue, the teeth are pieces of food. They are a perfect breeding ground for germs. Plaque formation and delayed its deletion leads to the appearance of caries and stomatitis.
What is child periodontitis
Disorders of acid-base balance in the oral cavity lead to the deterioration of tooth enamel. Upon contact of the enamel with acid is the leaching of calcium. If not, there will be action to restore, it increases the probability of formation of periodontitis. He is a frequent disease in children. Periodontitis — inflammatory disease of the soft tissues that attach teeth to the jaw. The main drawback is considered to be bad treatment. More effort is required to get rid of it. In the untimely appeal to medical institution there is a high probability of losing tooth.
Types of periodontitis
Periodontitis in children is prepubertal and pubertal. The first occurs in children up to eleven years and manifests itself in the eruption of the first teeth (milk). The reasons for which are the change in the composition of hormones. And also a weak immune protection and bad oral hygiene. With this defeat teeth the child does not feel discomfort. Observed mobility of the teeth and plaque on them. The teeth fall out and the disease passes to proizvoditsa permanent teeth.
For puberty species typical causes: malocclusion, poor oral hygiene. Here the child feels a burning sensation and heat of the gums, mouth feel a bad smell, drool acquire a thick consistency. In the running form and the formation of pus. Disease prone children and adolescents.
There are also Junior and juvenile periodontitis. The first is accompanied by damage to gums, quickly destroying action. Signs of the disease are practically not observed and it is distributed without symptoms. Juvenile common for children in fifteen years. There is a slight destruction of the alveolar processes. This kind of causes the formation of pockets around the teeth — the incisors. The first cause is changes in hormonal background. Juvenile periodontitis is frequently hereditary.
The extent of damage
Periodontitis is a serious disease of the mouth, which will trigger serious complications if treatment is not given on time. In parallel, inflammation is the development of pathogenic organisms. This leads to a cytokine. When injected in the pancreas which failure occurs. Education is broken insulin, increasing the likelihood of developing diabetes.
There are three degrees of periodontitis:
|Lesions mild.||When it formed periodontal pockets up to 3.5 millimeters deep. The pain is almost not felt. In the early stages treatment is done by cleansing the teeth from plaque. To get rid of discomfort washed tubule.|
|The defeat of average degree.||Pocket depth when it is about 5 millimeters. In the use of hot and cold manifested pain. The teeth start to wobble and intervals between them are formed. To cure this degree, you must remove the plaque and completely remove the pus, near the gums. Be sure to separate infected tissue. In case of untimely provision of assistance impossible to clean the tooth and implant.|
|Lesions severe.||Periodontal pockets grow from 6 millimeters. Characterized by a strong discharge of blood from the gums, reel teeth and any loss. There is a sharp tooth pain. Treatment consists in the operation of the damaged section.|
In case of advanced periodontitis-causing bacteria lose teeth can have a negative effect on the circulatory system. This can lead to a heart attack or atherosclerosis. Pathogens is rare, but is transferred to the parts of the respiratory system. This can be avoided with proper and timely treatment in a medical institution.
Signs of the disease
Periodontitis in the early stages are asymptomatic. Therefore, parents do not take their children to the dentist. Over time, the symptoms begin to grow and become visible.
Chronic periodontitis is characterized by:
- sudden pain in the gums;
- the bright red color of the gums;
- inflammation and swelling of the gingival mucosa;
- allocation of pus from periodontal channels;
- the manifestation of sickness and weakness;
- the increase in body temperature.
When identifying these symptoms must soon take your child to a medical facility.
If you ignore these signs, children are the development of CNS disorders, rheumatism, disorders of metabolism, hypovitaminosis, tuberculosis, diabetes, and disruptions of the hormonal system.
The main signs of periodontitis are:
- increased bleeding during chewing and tooth brushing;
- bad breath that does not stop after the hygiene of the oral cavity;
- the enamel and gums the affected hard coating;
- the appearance of tubules between the teeth;
- ripple and itching of the gums;
- mobility of teeth;
- change the color of the mucosa.
Diagnostics of periodontitis
To prevent problems with the oral cavity of the child, it is necessary to make a diagnosis. The most common methods of diagnosis are:
- inspection. The first measure in which the visible state of the mouth. Checked the language and it’s position as attached to the bridle, the condition of the gums and glands of saliva, the presence of caries on teeth;
- probing the lymph nodes. They checked for inflammation and pain;
- imaging of the teeth by means of a computer;
- ultrasound Doppler.
This may include donating blood for the General analysis, to analyze the periodontal pockets, the identification of the level of immunoglobulin and neutral fat.
The reasons for the development of the disease
To avoid becoming a victim of periodontal disease, you must know what factors affect the manifestation of disease. Parents should be attentive to the sources of the diseases of the oral cavity of the child.
Common causes of periodontitis:
- incomplete or incorrect cleansing of the mouth. Which remains soft plaque on the teeth from food. This formulation contains dead cells, food particles, bacteria. It may carry great harm to the health of teeth and gums. Accumulate, the plaque goes into the gums and causes processes of an inflammatory nature;
- improper diet, the result of which is the lack of nutrients in the body;
- frequent use not of solid food. People should put pressure on the gums, in other words the massage, through the mastication of solid food;
- poor quality seals and other structures that cause injury to the mucosa;
- the presence of anomalies in the structure of the bite. Thus, the chewing load is not evenly on the entire jaw;
- of the disease by dentistry: stomatitis and gingivitis;
- bad immune defense of the body, which prevents the development of pathogenic organisms;
- frequent minor trauma to the mucosa and teeth;
- the presence of diabetes;
- increased tone of the muscles responsible for chewing;
- chemical effects on the enamel of the teeth;
- symptoms of allergies to medications.
Basically, when manifestations of periodontitis, the child has several factors.
Among the local factors common are gingivitis (inflammation of the gum margins adjacent the teeth) and anomalies occlusion-articulating nature. These diseases can in rare cases lead to the emergence of periodontitis. Needs to have chronic form.
Teeth grinding during sleep leads to deformation of the bite, resulting in the violation of the periodontium.
If the child has an open bite type, is the formation of plaques that cause gingivitis, periodontitis and less likely to atrophy.
When low thyroid function is caused severe form of hypothyroidism (inflammation with swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue). Mucosa becomes pale, dry, inflamed and visible delay in the eruption of the teeth.
These include graves ‘ disease, in which there is atrophy of the bone tissue in the body and loosening of teeth. Down syndrome is a hotbed of periodontitis, because there is a disruption in the formation of teeth and oral tissues, bones.
The treatment of periodontitis
The treatment of periodontitis in children is an important task, which requires the right professional approach. The course of recovery should be comprehensive and include activities that will eliminate the resulting symptoms and stop further progression of the disease.
To determine treatment, you need to consider:
- as severely disturbed function of the temporomandibular joint;
- the probability of loss of teeth;
- the presence of somatic diseases;
- the seriousness of destruction of the alveolar bone;
- what stage of tooth see if they are loose.
For children, the treatment of periodontitis, apply the following measures:
- plaque removal of caries, correction of malocclusion by overlaying plates;
- teeth cleaning professional nature;
- polishing the enamel surface with the use of varnish, containing fluoride;
- training on the correct cleaning teeth and gums;
- When running condition is cleansing the pockets of periodontitis and gaps between the teeth;
- Superimposition with the therapeutic substances of the bandage;
- The purpose of a course of antibiotics, local effects;
- A course of vitamins to strengthen the immune function of the immune system;
- Maintaining proper oral hygiene.
The doctor will conduct all the research, get the results of the diagnosis will determine how to treat the disease.
Traditional methods in the fight against periodontitis
The children’s treatment of periodontitis is possible with the help of home methods. If the disease first affected, to relieve inflammation, pain and getting rid of unpleasant smell, used tincture of herbs for a mouth wash. Infusions are prepared in the calculation — tablespoon of the herb in 250 ml of hot water. The plant is filled with water. The infusion is prepared in about 15 minutes.
A good remedy for inflammation in the oral cavity is the sunflower oil. It is used as a mouthwash.
For getting rid of periodontitis use honey with black Rowan. A Cup of berries grind and add about 50 grams of honey. Everything is thoroughly mixed. Children should eat a lot a month on a teaspoon. This will not only help to improve dental health, but also replenish the body with nutrients.
For getting rid of severe pain sage broth. Prepared from the rate — teaspoon of chopped herbs filled with 150 milliliters of hot water, leave to infuse for a while. Use the infusion 4-5 times a day. Rinse warm and keep to cool in your mouth.
To improve the General condition of the gums, it is recommended to do massage — for him you can take the honey and salt. Apply this treatment of the need for gums.
Prevention of child of periodontitis
Prevention of this disease is divided into primary, secondary and tertiary.
The primary consists of a comprehensive strengthening of the body. This improvement of metabolic processes, restoring the protective functions of the immune system and others. Secondary emphasis on the purity of the mouth. Tertiary treatment consists of the body in General.
- Brushing your teeth should be done twice a day. You need to teach your child to floss to remove food debris and rinse your mouth with special tools. Do not forget that brushing your teeth has its own rules. In the last minutes of the procedure is to massage the gums and thoroughly clean the tongue.
- To prevent concurrent diseases or diseases that cause periodontitis, it is necessary to hold the child of proper nutrition.
- For a child to create the correct routine and to try to avoid stressful situations. Which can reduce the protection of the immune system and lead to the development of diseases.
You need to take seriously the health of children. In addition to parents, no one can create for the child a healthy life. Using the above information about the children’s periodontitis, every parent will be able to identify in the early stages of the disease and stop its spread.