Photobleaching of teeth: what it is, the before and after photos, reviews
Reveal the details of teeth whitening: explain what it is, will provide before and after photos, and reviews about the procedure. Today it is a very popular service dentists used by successful people who want to give your smile a perfect white and glowing.
A simple man who decided to lighten the dentition may be confused when choosing available techniques. One of the most common was the photobleaching. The reasons for this, pros and cons, indications and contraindications describe next.
What is it?
Otherwise, this procedure is called «whitening light». And though light lamp do apply, the effect is the gel, which is applied to the tooth surface. Rays are only able to intensify and enhance its action. But by themselves they have no influence on the enamel.
Apply the following variations of light radiation:
- UV – generates heat, heats the tooth and is not very safe.
- Halogen special bulb gives out so called «cold light», which minimizes overheating of the tissues.
- Led – also applies to «cold» method of bleaching and is considered the best among these as it is the safest.
The basis of the gel used for this procedure is the high concentration of hydrogen peroxide. When activating it with the lamp releases oxygen that penetrates into the deeper layers of enamel and dentin. This is what leads to a lightening effect.
Due to the high concentration of peroxide and the danger of the wrong use lamps this type of bleaching used in the dentist’s chair. You like to make in house conditions it is impossible, otherwise it may lead to unpleasant consequences.
Detailed description of the procedure
Photobleaching make for one visit to the doctor, although there are cases when the patient wants to enhance the effect and then after a week you can repeat the manipulation. For one session it is permissible to apply the active gel up to six times. Although some doctors recommended to stick to three. All the steps are quite simple:
- Initially, the dentist should examine the mouth and assess the condition of the patient’s teeth and decide whether to apply such a procedure or not. It is also desirable to clean the plaque, Tartar and treat caries, if present.
- Definitely worth discussing the choice of the method of whitening and what results you want to achieve patient.
- To protect wear special glasses, install the retractor and close the mucosa.
- The doctor applies a gel to the teeth and turns on the lamp to activate. Its effect lasts for 10-20 minutes. The gel is then removed, and all manipulations can be repeated many times as necessary to achieve the desired effect.
- The last time, clean the surface from the gel and removing all the protective devices, it is possible to evaluate the result on the scale of Vita and makes recommendations for further action. So, he may advise a colorless diet for the first time, and the use of various means to strengthen or consolidate the whitening effect.
The before and after photos
Advantages and disadvantages
The popular method of whitening is well deserved, as it is possible to detect significant advantages of the procedure:
- The patient does not feel any discomfort during the bleaching.
- In most cases, the correct approach doctor the procedure is considered safe for healthy teeth.
- Minimum number of contraindications.
- The whitening result is visible immediately and over the next weeks may further increase.
- All manipulations are performed no longer than an hour.
- The effect of Vita on a scale to 10, and sometimes 12 shades in one session.
- The uniformity of the lightening, the impact on the entire dentition.
- Not destroyed the mineral composition of the enamel that helps her recover quickly after exposure to peroxide.
- The relatively low cost of the procedure compared to other methods.
There are downsides:
- May occur increased sensitivity of the enamel, which often takes place in a few days.
- If the darkening of the tooth surface was provoked tetratziklinove drugs or is a consequence of fluorosis, the result may not be.
- There are contraindications that must be considered.
Methods of whitening
The most popular options are:
- Beyond Polus lamp combines two radiation types – halogen and led, which helps to increase the safety of the procedure. Usually apply three treatments of 10 minutes each and spend per visit to a doctor. The result is stored up to a year. The risk of high sensitivity of the enamel and its damage.
- Luma Cool – only applies led light, which refers to «cold» way and is absolutely safe for tooth structure. The doctor will conduct a three-time applying the gel and it will intensify with the lamp for eight minutes. The effect lasts for several years, and the resulting sensitivity is in three days.
- Zoom – in this method used UV radiation, which is not as safe as previous versions. But by heating you can achieve a more significant effect, since the active oxygen is able to penetrate much deeper. It is important that the doctor was very careful and wisely used the lamp. In the process the patient may experience discomfort, which disappear in a few days. The result lasts up to a year and a half.
What is the effect after the procedure?
Depending on the chosen method to achieve the result of lightening during one visit to the doctor for 5-10 or even 12 shades on Vita scale. Although much will depend on other factors.
- If the nature of the gray shade of the tooth, it may be harder to resist the clarification. Yellowness is removed much easier.
- Darkening of the enamel from Smoking, alcohol, coffee, tea and other staining beverages or foods faster give such correction.
- If you take tetracycline or a disease like fluorosis whitening effect may not occur at all.
The duration of the result will largely depend on the patient’s harmful habits, nutrition, assistive devices, etc. But all my life the complete clarification to achieve through whitening just will not succeed. After a year or two the procedure must be repeated.
You need to understand that implants, fillings, crowns and other foreign objects will not succumb to bleaching. And in order to avoid significant difference in shades, you should change them for more suitable or to install veneers.
Side effects and contraindications
To understand, bad, or no such impact, you need to take into account all contraindications and to seek professional help. From the wrong use of the light bulb, the selection of the gel or the use of substandard tools, you can get a significant harm.
Much will depend on the individual patient. In some cases, there are unpleasant consequences:
- The appearance of hypersensitivity reactions to hot and cold. But doctors say that a similar effect will take place in a few days.
- Happen allergic reactions to the chemical components of the gel, which is used to whitening.
- If the tool was applied sloppy and the inside of the nose, it will cause strong irritation.
- When using ultraviolet radiation inexperienced doctor may overheat the tooth, leading to leaf tissue becoming necrotic pulp.
And though contraindications to this procedure are very small, still they are there. And in the following cases it is impossible to photobleaching:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- children under 18 years of age;
- when the tendency to allergic reactions;
- if you experience enamel sensitivity;
- extensive carious cavity;
- increased abrasion of the tooth;
- surface damage such as cracks, chips, etc.
Only at observance of all rules and a full assessment of the patient can conduct the necessary manipulations without any fear.
Dental care after the procedure
The doctor will give recommendations for the further consolidation of the bleaching effect. This is usually:
- In the first week or two you can not use any coloring products. Doctors call this diet «colorless» or «transparent».
- Dentists have found that Smoking contributes to a significant yellowing of the enamel. Therefore, after bleaching is at least time to give up the habit.
- The appearance of sensitivity you can use a special paste with a high content of calcium and fluorine.
- The better daily hygiene, the longer the whitening effect. It is useful in addition to a toothbrush and toothpaste to use oral irrigator, special brushes, floss and other tools for the care of the oral cavity.
- Some doctors recommend applying at home special whitening systems are available that enhance the effect and help prolong the results.
Video: what is the photobleaching of the teeth, its benefits and features.
Depending on the pricing policy of the clinic and the equipment used the procedure cost can vary significantly. And yet, there are the average for Moscow. Thus, the system Beyon Polus whitening can cost 10-20 thousand rubles, Zoom – 15 000-25 000, and Luma Cool – 6000-14 000.
If to speak about the Kiev prices, the difference is small. Usually, photobleaching is 3000-3500 UAH, although the system Zoom and Luma Cool can do two times cheaper.
Yellowness of my teeth was evident and interfere with communication. Agreeing to photobleaching, I got a great result. And most importantly, persistent enough – a year after the procedure, no one is afraid of my smile.
I have long wanted to obtain bright and tidy teeth. Deciding to photobleaching, was unhappy. Whether the doctor got a inexperienced, or my enamel is too weak, but the last six months as can’t get rid of hypersensitivity.
I like the effect, because the teeth are much lighter. But since I drink a lot of coffee, the result does not last very long. Almost every year go through the procedure again.
► Photobleaching, or laser whitening – which is better?
Both procedures are quite effective and safe. However, the use of laser will cost significantly more. However, the feedback is much more positive and this procedure is more secure than photobleaching. Because the laser does not heat the tooth and leads to its destruction by careless actions of a doctor. In addition, the effect of the laser is maintained much longer.