Plaque: causes, removal, removal
What is a Tartar, why it appears and what methods of treatment are the most effective? Such a question will sooner or later ask the patients, who care about their health. Stone on teeth is considered to be a rather unpleasant phenomenon faced by many patients. Its causes may be different, and how to deal with dental stone will be able to tell the specialist. In some cases, a large accumulation of plaque may indicate a threat of such pathologies as gingivitis and periodontitis. To remove Tartar as possible with the help of a dentist, and at home with effective remedies.
What is it — dental plaque
Plaque is a thin soft layer, within which are molecules of food and bacteria. Every day after food at the surface of the teeth, there are various bacteria, which do not affect the health of the teeth. In that case, if the person is not brushing his teeth, gradually formed the accumulation of this plaque, and it condenses. Such deposition becomes noticeable to others and eventually it is converted into Tartar.
Dentists often detected in patients Tartar and the symptoms of its severity depending on the stage of the pathology. In fact, to quickly clean the teeth from plaque manage using traditional methods. In that case, if it is formed, the problem becomes much more serious. Daily deposits are getting fatter and it accumulate all new bacteria. These pathogens actively multiply and secrete into the oral cavity products in your life.
The bacteria produce acid under the influence of which is damage to the enamel. Over time, can develop microcracks, which are the penetration of germs into the cavity of the tooth, that is, caries develops. In the event that if not timely get rid of deposits, it is almost 7-10 days they are converted into stone.
In fact, calculus is a hard mineralized Deposit, and its place of appearance be predominantly basal wells. In addition, such deposits can accumulate on the inner surface of the teeth and in the interdental spaces. Appears plaque, which is a dense deposition and its removal requires a major effort.
Calculus and its causes
People have often seen the stones on the teeth and the causes of this pathology may be different. Often patients ask the expert question why formation of Tartar? Ideal for accumulation of sediment are those areas of the oral cavity, where it can accumulate a large number of dental plaques. In addition, for his appearance fit the areas of the mouth where the process of self-cleaning teeth. Gradually appeared the plaque becomes hard, and deposits can occur on dentures and crowns.
Experts identify some areas of risk that are considered ideal for development of pathology. Often Tartar and plaque build orthodontic and orthopedic plates and on a rough sealed surface.
Initially to indicate the scale of unpleasant smell from the mouth, and the appearance of discomfort and itching in the gums. In some cases, suspected pathology can be bleeding gums. Over time, the plaque grows deeper, and the teeth begin to appear dark spots. The result of this pathological state becomes the detachment of the gums and the development of such severe diseases as periodontitis.
Experts identify reasons for the formation of Tartar and they are quite varied. Usually in 2 hours after a meal may receive a plaque and one of the main causes of Tartar is not considered to be good hygiene of the oral cavity.
In addition, other causes of education is:
- the appearance of problems with the bite;
- eating foods that contains large amount of carbohydrates;
- violation of metabolic processes in the human body;
- unbalanced diet, that is, the diet is dominated by fried, fatty and sweet foods;
- pathology of the gastrointestinal tract;
- the release of large amounts of saliva;
- the abuse of such harmful habit as Smoking ;
- the use of mismatched brushes;
- chewing food only on one side of the jaw;
- not carrying out hygienic procedures in the care of the oral cavity;
The cause of Tartar can become the administration of antibacterial drugs and the prevalence in the diet of soft foods. It is important to know, if not remove the Tartar for a long time, there will be coverage for dental implants.
Types and symptoms of the disease
Actually, in the beginning of its development, stone is reminiscent of the initial caries. The main difference is the fact that it can not be formed on the chewing surfaces. Around the neck of the tooth may receive a rim of yellow or brown color, which gradually affects the periodontal pocket and the crown. While the symptoms may manifest in different ways, and this is determined by the type of pathology.
Given the appearance, there are the following types of deposits on the teeth:
- Especially noticeable on the teeth supragingival stone, which are characteristic penoobraznaya consistency. To get rid of this deposits without problems, since it can easily be removed with dental tools. Such a pathology possible to detect by inspection of the oral cavity. Despite this, a final diagnosis can only specialist, so in any case it is necessary to conduct professional diagnostics.
- The location of subgingival calculus becomes a root neck of a tooth under the gum. This Tartar is quite dense and identifying it is possible only by dissection of the gums. In fact, such deposition may trigger the development of such severe diseases as gingivitis. In addition, in this case, it is a more rapid growth of pathogenic microorganisms in the oral cavity, often resulting in the appearance of caries and periodontal disease.
What symptoms may signal:
- usually patients begins to appear the mouth odor;
- while brushing your teeth can release drops of blood;
- gums are painted in red or blue color;
Symptoms in the initial stages of inflammation are represented by itching and pain in the gums. To check whether there is Tartar, it is recommended to proceed as follows: a cotton swab should be moistened in a solution of iodine and wipe over the teeth close to the gums. Usually deposits and the accumulation of plaque becomes clearly visible, and it manifests itself in smokers.
Methods removal of stone in dentistry
Do I need to remove Tartar or this procedure can be postponed? How to treat plaque, and which method is the most effective? A few decades ago the only way to remove Tartar in dentistry was considered a mechanical cleansing, but today, many dental clinics have refused such a solution. Today, the removal of Tartar is done with the help of a professional teeth cleaning, which is assigned after inspection of the gums hygienists.
Teeth cleaning from stone include the following steps:
- The specialist removed the supra — and subgingival dental stones.
- Is polishing the surface of teeth roots and crowns. For this purpose a rubber head and a special toothpaste, thanks to which it is possible to get rid of the deposits. In addition, it helps get rid of roughness, which promotes the attachment of plaque on tooth surfaces.
- At the final stage of the processing of the teeth with special preparations, which contain fluoride. Using this procedure it is possible to eliminate the hypersensitivity of the teeth after cleaning them.
Unpleasant pathology is a dental stone and the treatment is carried out using various methods, given the complexity of the pathology.
There are following methods of removal of dental plaque:
- Ultrasonic cleaning of Tartar is performed under the influence of vibrational waves that create on the surface of the enamel a special twist. The advantage of this method is the fact that it excludes the physical contact of the nozzle of the ultrasonic scaler and the tooth. Such treatment of dental calculus allows to avoid additional injury to oral mucosa and teeth. Before carrying out ultrasonic cleaning, be sure to confirm the lack of contraindications for such treatment. From the procedure will have to be abandoned if the patient has abnormalities of the cardiovascular system, diabetes and cancer.
- Plaque can be removed with a laser, which has the same nature of the action, and ultrasonic cleaning. In fact, this treatment is not used very often and this is due to its high cost.
- In some cases, specialists use chemical removal of dental plaque. This treatment involves the softening of the deposits on the teeth by the use of special substances that facilitate the process of withdrawal. The main disadvantage of this procedure is the fact that it can cause damage to the enamel and cause dental disease in the future. This method of treatment resorted to only in rare occasions and mainly with mobility of the teeth.
- Good effect in the fight against the sediment yields of air — abrasive cleaning of teeth from the stone, when is their processing under pressure with abrasive substances. Most often, this treatment of Tartar is used in the initial stage of the disease and as a Supplement after cleaning with ultrasound. This method helps to get rid of pigmentation and plaque that accumulates in hard to reach places. In addition, the air-abrasive removal of not only whitens enamel, but also polishes it.
How to remove plaque in various diseases of oral cavity? In that case, if the patient identifies diseases of the gums, additionally appointed anti-inflammatory therapy. The detection of caries mandatory it should be cured.
The use of traditional medicine
How to remove Tartar with the help of folk remedies, without visiting the dentist? Traditional medicine offers lots of recipes, with which it is possible to get rid of deposits on teeth at home. With them is to soften the accumulated plaque, and therefore facilitate getting rid of him.
To get rid of the deposits on the teeth and strengthen the gums is possible with the help of salt with which it is possible to massage or cleaning. The full course of this treatment lasts one month, and in the first two weeks the procedure is done morning and evening. On the third week the amount of cleansing table salt should be reduced to 3 times a week and the fourth week is enough to hold them only 2 times a 7 days. Cleaning the gums and massage them with sodium salt is carried out is not too hard brush. Pre-brush should be wetted with water, which will help salt better to stay on the gums.
To get rid of Tartar on the teeth is possible with the help of herbal decoction, which is made from the rind beans and burdock root. To do this in a small container pour 10 grams of this vegetable mixture and pour it with 200 ml of boiling water. The resulting mass should be left on 12 hours for the infusion, then strain and divide into three parts. Take a decoction should be three times a day, and each meal drink one bottle.
Good result of treatment gives rinsing the mouth with honey. To do this, prepare a solution by dissolving in 200 ml water 10 ml honey. Such a tool should be used to rinse the mouth and clean the Tartar on the teeth, and this should be done daily for months.
Removal tools at home
How to remove Tartar without the help of a specialist and whether to hold such a cleansing with the help of improvised means? In fact, to remove Tartar you at home without a visit to the dentist, because there are many available tools.
You can get rid of deposits on teeth with a special paste, and it is important to pay attention to their composition. When cleaning the teeth from Tartar can be used hygiene products with the following substances:
- Ftory and fluoride help to strengthen enamel and remove plaque, but a large dosage can be toxic to the human body.
- Triclosan is an antibiotic, which allows you to clean the teeth and destroy pathogens. At the same time it has a deleterious effect on the beneficial bacteria, leading to disruption of balance in the mouth.
- Calcium carbonate is an abrasive substance, with which occurs the neutralization of the action of fluoride, and the stone is removed from the teeth.
Tartar removal at home may be the irrigator, which is characterized by the following cleansing principle: are powerful pulsating water under the influence of which cleans interdental spaces. In addition, the removal of Tartar normalizes blood circulation in the gums and gently massages the gums.
How to remove Tartar at home with the help of improvised means? At home it is recommended to use dental floss, thanks to which the extracted food debris from hard to reach places, and removes the stone on the teeth. Experts recommend have to brush floss teeth after meals and before bedtime.
For people who care about their health, sooner or later, the main question is how to remove Tartar. In fact, to make their attractive smile without visiting the dental office in the case if the teeth have accumulated small amount of plaque. Compliance with daily hygiene helps prevent the appearance of solid complications, and patients will not be a problem, how to get rid of Tartar.