Porcelain veneers on the teeth: benefits, price, reviews
Aesthetic smile correction can be performed in different ways. One of them is the installation of porcelain veneers on the teeth. Tell you about the benefits, price and reviews of those who have already tried to imagine such a simple and effective method.
Not always the nature also awards us the desired shape of the teeth, beautiful white shade, evenly and closely spaced units. Often we suffer from various defects, which lead to psychological discomfort and unpresentable appearance.
What is it?
Cosmetic dentistry is a special thin plate similar to natural tooth enamel. And when they are made from porcelain due to its translucent look very natural. But this does not prevent them to close various defects of the dentition stains, cracks, chips, etc.
This is an opportunity for a short procedure to completely change the appearance of the dentition, its color and other indicators. If nature has not awarded you a «Hollywood» smile, it will make dentists.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages, which distinguish porcelain plates among all of such ways to restore enamel, are the following:
- The natural appearance.
- The material is resistant to staining, retains the selected color for a long period.
- With their help easily removes various imperfections of the natural tooth structure.
- Easy to keep clean plates, which is not much different from the usual hygienic procedures.
- Porcelain is durable enough to perform all chewing function of the jaw, with the exception of the processing of solid objects too.
- Does not cause any unpleasant reactions, inflammation and is good for the microflora of the oral cavity in General.
But of course, there are drawbacks to consider when choosing:
- the relative strength of the structure is under too much load it can come off or break;
- for veneers require turning the front part of the tooth;
- the irreversibility of the process due to such processing, that is, if the veneer of end of life, you will need to put a new one.
Indications and contraindications
Your doctor may recommend the installation of porcelain veneers in all cases when:
- the patient wants to visually change the shape of the front teeth;
- to hide cracks, cracks or scratches formed on the surface;
- to improve their tone for a long time.
But it is not always possible to use that method of correction. So, there are some contraindications:
- cases of bruxism, when a person in a dream strongly compresses and grinds his teeth, which will lead to rapid damage to the veneer;
- the presence of tooth decay or gum disease;
- the loss is too large the tooth part, when the record did not what to fix;
- the lack of enamel is too thin or the surface.
The stages of
Though the entire procedure for veneers is not considered too long, however, it requires some preparation. Thus, the plates themselves need be done manually or by computer, that is optimal for the individual patient.
The whole process of production these stages:
- Initial inspection of the dentition, diagnosis of the health of the hard and soft tissues.
- Using the computer model of the future appearance of the smile.
- Prepare the tooth surface under the veneer, the enamel grinding off a bit precisely at the desired width.
- Create casts of the jaw area, which will set records. This can be done using a special mass manually or optically through a special apparatus. He also may need to cut the veneer without the participation of the dentist. However, this is considered a less accurate method.
- If the disc was created by the wizard, it will take up to two weeks. At this period the doctor can put the patient a cheap substitute.
- At the end of the production a must-try on the resulting product, test the degree of fit, specify the new location of the bite and closure of the jaws, the shade of the enamel and other things.
- If the veneer is created for all the desired parameters, then it is bonded to its rightful place.
- If necessary, remove excess cement, and hold the grinding or refacing the final design.
Installation of porcelain veneers
The process of mounting plates is not particularly difficult:
- for this, the surface of the tooth is carefully cleaned and polished;
- to create roughness and to ensure good adhesion due to a special gel make the etched enamel;
- using just a drop of cement, glued the pad on the tooth;
- check and adjust for proper fit of the product, giving it the desired position;
- affect design blue light for fast curing of the fixing material.
When a patient carelessly or for improper purposes uses porcelain veneers, they tend to come off or break. In the first case, you can go to the doctor and fix them again.
But if the product is broken, part of it is left on the teeth, its recovery becomes impossible. It is necessary to make a new album.
How to store?
Veneers are fixed designs, so caring for them is simple:
- the same as for all dentition, enough to handle his hygiene products on a daily basis, you can also use special threads for cleaning interdental spaces;
- avoid high physical loads on the product, do not use them for opening bottles, cracking nuts, biting thread or nails, etc.;
- stay tuned for the rasp, especially at night, if you suffer from bruxism, wear a special mouth guard;
- avoid coloring products, which are able to change the hue of the fixing cement.
Than careful attitude to the goods, the longer they will last. Doctors say that the high-quality oral hygiene and compliance with other recommendations it is possible to achieve sufficient long-term use of porcelain veneers is 10-12 years, if not longer.
Video: veneers cost, care and contraindications.
To determine how much those products, we need to calculate the cost of all consumables, equipment used, method of their creation, the number of installed linings, the work of the doctor and the master. Usually, one plate of porcelain costs the man in the 12-16 thousand rubles.
Found this veneers a year ago and by his own missteps broke it. Because he felt in his mouth as a mother, I forgot about the plate. As a result, split teeth nuts and broken design.
Wanted to do professional teeth whitening as the enamel in recent times it has become yellow and stained. But the doctor said that in my case will only veneers. Now I am satisfied with my appearance, and increased sensitivity after bleaching is observed.
For the sake of work needed to tidy up the surface of the enamel. Established two years ago veneers on the visible area of the smile and happy today. No one even realizes that by nature I have a different shape and shade of teeth.