Porcelain veneers: what is, photo, price, reviews
To solve the aesthetic issues of a smile was crafted ceramic veneers. That it is, photos of finished products, prices and customer reviews will explain below. After all, before to agree to such a procedure, I want to know more about it.
Not everyone is lucky enough from nature to have smooth, white and erect teeth. Many people suffer from the ugly appearance, and some have acquired unnatural spots or other defects in the process of life. How to fix it to no longer be shy when communicating?
What is porcelain veneers?
In appearance they resemble a thin plate that can be set for each individual unit in the dentition and thereby fix its shape, color, size and position. Such retail help to change visually the smile zone to create a high-quality coating that will last for many years, performing all the physiological burden that falls on them in a natural way.
Attach them only to the front part of the tooth, lightly grinding off the enamel surface for a tight and accurate fit of the product. As a result, they look completely natural, pleasant and do not cause discomfort when wearing the patient. This ensures the perfect look of the teeth without the use of professional whitening full prosthetics and other complex procedures.
All the details for this method of restoring enamel described in the book of Galip Gures, which acts as a manual for physicians conducting the treatment in this area.
By themselves, veneers can be made of various materials: ceramic, porcelain, Zirconia, composite, plastic, etc. Each of them is selected in accordance with specific requirements and individual characteristics of the patient.
For and against each species can explain the dentist, who determines the exact choice of procedure and materials for restoration.
If we talk about ceramic veneers on the teeth, then release:
- From extruded material – to do this, hold the modelling with wax, and then to the pressure of the press itself to create the veneer. It is good because it helps to convey all specific features of the structure of the enamel of a particular patient and are the most accurate in fit and pass the correct appearance of the smile.
- And refractory ceramics – to start the process of making much of a stump, and on it is applied to the ceramic composition layers, achieving the desired volume and shape. Then the finished product is baked in an oven.
Many companies offer all sorts of designs for these purposes, but it is worth to highlight products, E Max, which is the thin walls (0,3 mm) and is very durable in use.
The pros and cons
The main advantages of this method of correcting the appearance of enamel are:
- no need to remove the nerve or severely grind down the tooth;
- used environmentally friendly material that does not cause allergies or other unpleasant reactions;
- the lifetime is quite long, if you use it for its intended purpose;
- good aesthetic characteristics, a fully simulate the natural look and shade of the enamel;
- ceramic not dark and not stained from food or beverage over time;
- the abrasion of the material is the same as that of natural hard tissues;
- throughout the period of operation retains its shape and position.
Through them it is possible to eliminate defects such as gaps between teeth, hide stains, or the ugly shade of enamel, to hide cracks or gouges and other defects of the dentition.
The disadvantages are still some nuances:
- grind down the surface will have little, if any, why such restoration was considered to be irreversible;
- it is very important to gently use dental veneers as they can break if you start to split nuts or ice, teeth to open bottles, snacks and thread, etc.;
- not all will be the reasonable price, especially if you need to adjust the entire smile zone.
Creating porcelain veneers the these stages:
- Select the form and shade, predict how it will look restored tooth.
- Make a turning to the enamel of 0.3-0.6 mm, exactly the thickness of the plate.
- Make a mold of a zone of a smile or teeth, which are going to install the veneer.
- Create a plaster copy of the jaw, which serves as the basis for design.
- Simulate and produce the product, ideal for individual features.
This method provides that the entire process takes place in a dental laboratory. The patient record is ready veneers, only when it is fully ready for operation. The work can take up to two weeks.
The installation procedure
Since this product is attached only once and then cannot change his situation, his carefully try on and adjust if necessary all the details. If the patient is uncomfortable or appearance of the veneer stands out from natural teeth, it can send back for revision. The wizard grinds, polishes and adjusts the shape or shade of the finished product.
Only when the record is ideal for all criteria, it is fixed on the surface. Thus, you can restore only one tooth or the entire smile zone. Even if it goes beyond the incisors, porcelain veneers can be installed into the visible region of the molars.
It is important to consider that dentists do not recommend to engage in such restorative methods before a fully-formed bite and mineralized tooth enamel, that is to 18.
Video: what will happen with ceramic veneers in a few years?
To determine how much ceramic veneers, you need to contact the clinic where you will perform the procedure. Because every dentist has their prices. On average, one product can do 12 or even 30 thousand rubles. It is much more expensive to install than composite materials, but cheaper than Lumineers.
It should be noted that to agree to such restoration should only after you have studied, where high-quality to supply this product in your city. After all, the wizard and the dentist entirely will depend on the lifetime, quality and appearance.
Set veneers on the entire smile zone two years ago. And now my teeth are just perfect. They don’t need no bleach, no cure, no repair. And they look so natural that even do not guess about their origin.
One tooth had a crack and defect is so noticeable that it have something to do. I immediately agreed on veneers, but over time decided. It turns out that it is not felt in the mouth. The only thing you need to remember about solid products and not to gnaw nuts.
I have long suffered from the gray shade of the enamel, which I have naturally. Professional whitening not helped and my doctor said that there is only one solution – porcelain veneers. Now I don’t hesitate to smile and chat with people.