Prosthetics of teeth with periodontal disease
Prosthetics of teeth with periodontal disease is carried out in several stages. Before the procedure, as there is a risk of complications, and the forces spent by the podiatrist will be in vain. How are dentures with periodontal disease, take a closer look.
Periodontal disease — what is it
Periodontal disease is a disease characterized by lesions around dental tissue. To distinguish a tooth from a healthy easy — the neck is affected is bare, the gums loose. In the process of propagation of pathology the tooth becomes surrounded by pockets formed in the gums. Gets them food, the breeding of bacteria. Collar area is covered with a coating, which penetrates the tissue and becomes solid. It suffers from the enamel and gums — they are subject to rapid destruction.
If a healthy molar tooth is almost impossible to shake, then patients with periodontal disease rather fluid. The end result is they drop out.
To recognize periodontal disease by the following symptoms:
- The gums become pale;
- The tooth is lengthened by exposure of the neck;
- Appears bleeding gums;
- Sick torturing itching and discomfort in the mouth;
- Tooth acquires a peculiar shape — wedge;
- Enamel is erased and destroyed.
Diagnose pathology dentist. For diagnosis, it is sufficient to conduct the examination of the oral cavity. Because of the weakness of teeth and gum disease dentures in periodontitis establish after treatment.
What is the complexity of prosthetics in periodontal disease
To establish a constant design of the mouth should be sanitized. Tooth mobility leads to the fact that dentures become loose.
Another thing removable dentures. To install the periodontal disease is not an absolute contraindication. But they are not very comfortable. Bad fixing leads to the fact that people can’t take normal food and talk. In addition, they need constant washing and cleaning.
Periodontal disease is a systemic disease. That is, if the disease spreads to the adjacent teeth. If the prosthesis is removable, it will have to change due to loosening of the adjacent teeth. Before installing dentures need to strengthen loose teeth, remove the decayed and wait a certain period of time, remaining used to provide load and the installed position. It will take a few weeks. Only after the whole mouth will be in order proceed directly to the prosthesis. Let us consider each phase.
The procedure of prosthesis
To set the dentures will serve you faithfully for many years, it requires a number of manipulations. To do this:
- Tooth free from loads during chewing of food;
- Waiting for the time to functional features of the jaw bones recovered;
- Produce fixation of movable teeth;
- Properly distribute the load on the teeth.
For prosthesis with periodontitis tactics are a bit different. Let us consider the main stages.
Step # 1 — treat periodontal disease
To begin to recover from periodontal disease. To do this, hold a series of manipulations, which include:
- Massage the gums;
- Reception means styptic, antibacterial drugs, vitamin-mineral complex.
Further, it is necessary to spend sanitation of the oral cavity, particularly the teeth, which will coexist with a prosthetic. To be addressed:
After all diseases will be treated exfoliate. Very effective, in this case, ultrasonic. The oral cavity cleaning consists of removing:
- Content in the gingival pockets.
The next step is removing the sick and damaged teeth that cannot be treatment and recovery. The final procedure before prosthetic treatment is excision of the dead tissue of the gums.
Step 2 — the process of establishing the interim prosthesis
Temporary dentures set individually. In the case of mild periodontal disease or advanced disease stage this stage is passed.
There are two options the temporary denture:
- Fix mobile teeth by splinting. The procedure involves the contraction of their immediate contraction in one unit. Thus there is a redistribution of load, and the moving «aboriginals» are excluded from the process of chewing food. Splinting perform:
- If you experience swelling of the tissues after periodontal treatment, despite the risk of loosening;
- After removal of one or more of the patients teeth to distribute the load on neighboring;
- If during manipulation of orthodontic designs have changed the position of the teeth.
The procedure of splinting involves the installation of:
- Fixed or removable structures made of plastic.
This type of splinting is carried out before the procedure to remove wobbly teeth.
- In place of the removed tooth for a few weeks set denture. During this time, the teeth get used to the new load, restores the jawbone, which had atrophied due to lack of load.
Step # 3 — prosthetics
For successful procedure of prosthesis is necessary to observe the important rules:
- The mouth sanitized from decay;
- No bleeding gums;
- No inflammatory processes in the oral cavity;
- The bite anatomically correct;
- Missing a stone and plaque;
- Cured gingival pockets.
Then the dentist looks which dental prostheses can be supplied with periodontitis. It is important to consider some aspects:
- The degree of damage by periodontal disease;
- How atrophied jaw bone, the course and duration of the periodontal disease;
- Structural features of the jaw;
- Feature occlusion.
As prosthetic designs, using various high performance materials.
The best are:
- Clasp with ganging plates and clasps, consisting of several links. The access area to the gum is closed and there is a possibility of further treatment of periodontal disease. These prostheses differ from the others in that the load goes directly on the teeth and not the gums;
- Application Kapova apparatus;
- Pad constant of the tire on the inner surface of the teeth. The contact between the teeth with a special thread of high strength material;
- If the gums are badly damaged, use metal-ceramic fixed bridges. This type of prosthesis is relevant, in the absence of see if they are loose;
- Basal implantation. You can apply even in atrophied maxillary tissue;
- Veneers and Lumineers. Widely applicable for prosthetic front teeth.
Care after prosthesis
Not only is it important to install a good quality dentures, but to properly care for them. It is especially necessary to observe some rules people with periodontal disease, to prevent relapse and rejection of implants. To preserve the health of the mouth and the integrity of the dentures:
- Regularly hygienic care of the oral cavity. With poor brushing plaque cannot be removed, and its presence leads to rejection of the implant and the development of the inflammatory process;
- After each meal use a special thread, for a thorough cleansing of the interdental spaces.
At least 1 time in 6 months pass inspection at the dentist. We recommend a professional cleaning of the oral cavity by a physician. In the first weeks follow the diet, take prescribed medications.