Pulpitis milk teeth in children: symptoms, treatment, photos
Much more often than adults found pulpitis milk teeth in children. Symptoms, treatment, photos provide further and describe in detail all the nuances of this disease. That it is, whether it is necessary to treat it and how dangerous ignoring the problem will be discussed in this article.
The structure of the baby tooth is slightly different from the adult, permanent, and therefore diseases have their own peculiarities of occurrence, symptoms and treatment. To know how and what to respond if a child complains, what steps to take and what to stop the choice when making decisions about treatment, need to understand the following nuances.
What is the feature of pulpitis of a deciduous tooth?
This disease is quite common, because tooth decay in babies quickly turns into deep tissue and contributes to the development of more serious problems. Pulpitis tooth of the child is an inflammation of the pulp of the breast unit. See the following distinctive features:
- A thin layer of enamel and a small amount of dentin is less likely to protect the inner part from aggressive bacteria.
- Increased pulp occupies more space and pathogenic microorganisms to reach it much easier.
- Wide dentinal tubules contribute to the rapid spread of the disease.
- A good outflow of fluid from inflamed areas significantly reduces the pain and makes it impossible to detect the problem.
Because of these differences, parents are not always on time learn about that an infant’s mouth are active processes of tooth decay. Therefore it is necessary to pay attention to any complaint, however minor, that the baby is trying to Express. Then diagnostics in the dentist’s office will be held on time.
Do not think that this problem only applies to that child who was badly brushing my teeth or eating sweet. The causes of disease may be different:
- low immunity;
- weak enamel;
- the presence of carious cavities;
- violation processing unit when medical intervention during filling, turning, or in the treatment of the periodontium.
Whatever the reason, pulpitis develops too quickly and weakly manifests itself. So pay attention to the complaints of the child immediately and in time to see a doctor.
The symptoms and forms of disease
In pediatric dentistry often use the following classification:
► Acute pulpitis, which, in turn, can be:
- Focal, that is, partial.
- Diffuse or General.
► Chronic, which also has its varieties:
- And fibrous.
► If the cause of the disease was not bacterial, and the injury or wrong actions of a doctor, it is called traumatic.
Each of them has its own characteristics and features, which will depend on the selected method of treatment. Thus, in acute disease course leading to strong pain from any external irritation. But it happens that the pain appears at night. If the tooth with open apex, for example, in a child of 2 years, such feelings may not be at all.
If the pain periodically appears and disappears, then it is likely a partial pulpitis. When it is long, intense and the baby can not tell which tooth was bothering him, it is possible that the disease has spread to the General shape. And if in this case not to go to the doctor, it might turn into periodontitis, periostitis and end General intoxication of the organism.
Not always stages of the disease are acute, but if untreated flow into one another. It happens that initially, the pulpitis becomes chronic. Symptoms of gangrenous form:
- pain to hot food and drinks;
- unpleasant, putrid odor from the mouth;
- it seems that the tooth bursting increases;
- soft tissue swelling around the unit.
When fibrous stage symptoms of the disease less pronounced and the entire process takes place in a closed cavity.
Treatment of pulpitis in children
The most important in the treatment process is removing the immediate inflammation, the removal of the pulp or part of it and to prevent the development of possible complications. If you do not pay attention, in addition to more serious complications in the surrounding tissues may be affected and future permanent teeth, which for this problem will form the wrong way.
Often adults, not wanting to go to the doctor, decide to get rid of the disease by using folk remedies. In the case of treatment of pulpitis it may be propolis, air, hydrogen peroxide, lemon and various herbs. And yet, to experiment and to risk the child’s health not worth it. Contact your doctor, who will make accurate diagnosis and perform the necessary manipulations.
Modern medicine can offer several options of treatment of pulpitis in children:
Each of them will be explained in more detail.
This is a common conservative method and it is considered traditional in pediatric dentistry. Any major surgery takes place. The doctor gently opens the inflamed pulp and fills it with a special mixture of balsam of shestakovskoe and unnatural dentin. In some cases the use of kalocin. After drying, the substance is hold the usual filling.
But today’s young doctors would refuse such treatment, as it is fraught with complications, long healing process, unnecessary intervention and the possibility of transition of inflammation to the periodontium.
Some clinics will have complete removal of the pulp or part of it. Of course, such a procedure is not carried out in a single visit and most often under General anesthesia, because it is quite painful.
If you stop at partial removal, affect only the coronal part. In this case, root remains to protect the periapical tissues from various pathogens. In the case where the bleeding cannot stop, make a decision on complete removal of the pulp.
That the procedure was successful, the doctor must adhere to the following rules:
- During the opening of the cavity is to use some sterile nozzle to prevent contamination of deeper tissue layers.
- Well handle the tooth cavity with antiseptic.
- Using a matched dose of adrenaline to stop the bleeding after the amputation.
When it comes to polipektomii, that is, complete removal of the pulp, you need to very carefully carry out the procedure, not to touch the tissue of the periodontium. This method try not to use everywhere, as it is painful, complicated and lengthy. Still, the doctor decides to treat or remove the inflamed pulp, on the basis of various indications.
This method also applies to complete removal of infected tissue. But at the same time act in a more gentle way. With the help of a special tool which gradually slay the inflamed tissue, perform several stages of treatment.
Usually apply an application of an ARSENICAL paste and a local anesthetic. But if the gangrenous form, it is recommended to use formalin and phenol. Further, depending on the selected means, it is left in the dental cavity of the child for 1-2 days or 7-14 days. The decision about the duration of this stage is taken by the doctor on the basis of clear instructions to a particular drug.
And already at the next visit to a specialist clean the cavity and a tampon with a resorcinol-formalin mixture. Do it to satisfy the healthy tissues with special substances that promote the growth of teeth. Thus, in addition to the treatment preparation of the mouth to the appearance of regular units.
And only the third visit to the dentist can talk about the final stage when the open cavity is sealed. In order to cause the child 4-5 years of pleasant emotions from such a long treatment, your doctor may offer colored fillings that will please the kid and decorate his teeth.
That is, the whole process will be quite lengthy. But it is almost painless, it is performed gently and without stress for the child. And very importantly, apply painkillers and safe substances. Increasingly, pediatric dentists prefer this method of treatment of pulpitis in children of different ages. You can use it almost with any form of the disease.
Complications may follow, often because of their illiterate actions of the doctor during treatment. These include:
- Initially incorrectly diagnosed. And if the dentist has removed only a portion of the inflamed pulp, the remaining source of infection will continue to destroy healthy tissue.
- Too weak imposition of ARSENICAL paste leads to its flow. In contact with the lining of the medicine will cause necrosis, hitting the inner part of the cheeks, tongue and gums.
- If arsenic was too much, or used at the onset of resorption of the roots of the milk tooth, it is possible the poisoning and intoxication of the child’s body.
- But too tight to lay the drug is not recommended. Because then you can provoke a burn of the mucous membrane.
- The careless actions of a doctor can lead to the development of disease in a healthy part of the tooth or the soft tissue underneath. For example, if the dentist has a periodontal hooked needle during the treatment.
Cause complications and may be a violation of the rules. The most serious consequences are pulpitis periodontitis, periostitis, and acute polio. Therefore, it is time to contact a pediatric dentist and carry out the necessary manipulations, despite the price of treatment and the fact that baby teeth are temporary ones.
Whether to once again mention the most common dental recommendations, which are universal for children and adults and refer to preventing the maximum number of problems of the oral cavity:
- Encourage your child to brush your teeth regularly twice a day . He should do it correctly, well-chosen brush and a good toothpaste.
- After eating, especially sweets and starchy foods, the baby should be forced to rinse your mouth with warm water.
- At the slightest complaint of the child to discomfort or pain should immediately consult a pediatric dentist.
- Also, a physician should be visited twice a year for regular inspection. In this case, the specialist will be able to establish the problem and fix it in its early stages.
- It is very important to your child that the dentist is not scary. Only in this case the baby will be able to share their feelings, and would not object to inspection.
Video: pulpitis milk teeth in children.
► What to do if your child has a toothache after treatment of pulpitis?
Pain can be associated with the medical intervention and tissue irritation from the medicine. If the pain itself eventually fades, it is a normal reaction. In the case when it appears after the treatment and its intensity is not abating, you should contact your doctor as you may, the procedure was done incorrectly and need to fix something.
► Fever in a child after treatment of pulpitis
Fever in a child may prove to be a simple reaction to a stressful situation. And yet, to ignore such symptom is not necessary, as most often it may indicate severe inflammatory process. Should immediately consult a doctor and conduct a re-diagnosis.