Pus after removal of the tooth in the hole: what to do
Everyone who may have pus after tooth extraction, needs to promptly pass the examination and receive appropriate treatment at the dentist. It should be emphasized that the procedure for removal relates to the number of forced measures caused by the irresponsible attitude towards their health and late referral for medical assistance. The appearance of purulent content in the hole after removing the evidence of penetration in established wound infection.
Causes suppuration of wounds
So today everyone knows that purulent contents in the wound after tooth extraction is caused by the development of infectious process. However, the cause of this phenomenon is capable of lots of factors, but in the majority of cases the abscess after tooth extraction occurs in people not adhering to the recommendations of the expert and not prislushivalsya to the advice of doctors about precautions.
As you know, after extraction of a tooth in the resulting wound can be observed the blood clot, which protects it from infection. His absence provokes inflammatory response and leads to what is festering gums after tooth extraction.
Often happens that the pus in the hole can be provoked by incorrectly applied the technique of removing the bone element, in whose favor the choice was made, or the dentist brought the infection using non-sterile instruments. To avoid this, you should seek medical treatment only in those clinics that have earned a solid reputation, and where services are provided exclusively by experienced professionals.
Gums after an extracted tooth can fester in that case, if the patient’s immune system is at an unsatisfactory level and the inflammatory process caused by microorganisms that are part of the microflora of the mouth.
Cause festering wounds after tooth removal can be covered and the failure of basic personal hygiene. As a rule, the attending physician explains to the patient how to care for the oral cavity after the procedure, which can significantly reduce the likelihood of wound infection. If people ignore them, then you can observe the situation when the hole after removal of the affected tooth was infected.
Sometimes what happens is, the doctor leaves in the wound, a foreign object. They may be a fragment of a broken tooth or wool. Unfortunately, similar cases in medical practice is not so rare.
The probability that after tooth extraction the patient happens to abscess the wound, is increased in the case of a wisdom tooth. To explain this situation is the fact that the eighth molars are located in a remote place. In connection with this complete care to carry out is simply impossible.
Recommendations for execution after the removal
To reduce the likelihood of a festering hole in the case if you follow all the instructions of the doctor, and they can be the following:
- Avoiding excessive physical overload, at least during the first days after the procedure removal.
- Refusal to eat for the first 2-3 hours after the procedure. Eating leads to the injury of the hole and contributes to painful sensations that will be felt for a long time.
- Chewing food on the opposite side from the remote tooth.
- The refusal of consumption of alcohol and tobacco products for several days after the procedure.
- Avoiding touch the wells of the tongue, toothpicks and any other items.
- Rinsing the mouth. It should be noted that in the first day after the removal procedure lavage is not performed, as this may lead to washout of the blood clot, which is very important for protection against infection. Start rinsing the oral cavity, starting from the second day and only on the recommendation of the attending physician. This should eliminate heavy traffic. Also recommended baths in which the patient is gaining a slight amount of the liquid in the mouth and keeps it from wells within 1 to 3 minutes.
- Taking pain in the amplification of discomfort. However, before their use should consult a doctor.
Characteristics of the process of suppuration and possible complications
More to the point, how will begin to form pus, the body will give the signal to start the inflammatory process of the gums after tooth extraction. If a close watch over all possible manifestations, and immediately seek medical help, the treatment will be much faster and easier. Among the first signs:
- swelling of gums by not going for 2-3 days after the procedure removal;
- painful sensations and increasing as the deterioration of the condition wounds and development of the inflammatory process;
- a distinct odor from the mouth;
- the allocation of purulent character from the wells.
If not promptly begin treatment of the inflammatory process, the patient may develop osteomyelitis, which is a process of suppuration of bone. For such a serious diagnosis as characterized by General malaise, excessive pain, as weakness and fever.
Pathology such as osteomyelitis, treated solely in a hospital environment and can lead to blood poisoning. Therefore it is very important not to run developed after removal of a tooth an inflammatory process, not to engage in self-therapy festering pit and promptly seek medical attention.
Treatment of festering wounds after tooth extraction
What if the inflammatory process in the alveolar socket was developed to provoke suppuration?
To treat the affected area of the gums after tooth extraction prior to a visit to the dentist, you can resort to local treatment by rinsing the mouth different kinds of disinfecting and anti-inflammatory solutions. In these purposes it is possible to resort to:
- solution containing pills Furatsilina;
- a decoction prepared from such herbs as sage, oak bark, calendula, chamomile, etc.;
- solution with the content of tea tree oil;
- Or chlorhexidine Miramistina.
But don’t get complacent, if the use of such funds has improved the condition of the affected gums. These drugs are used as temporary measures, and to abandon the idea of a visit to the dentist in any case not worth it. After all, only a specialist will be able to identify the cause of the suppuration of the hole formed after removal of the tooth, and prescribe an appropriate treatment. Otherwise, you may develop the most serious complications. In such a situation, it will require much more money and effort for the treatment of festered area.