Remedies to strengthen teeth and gums
Preventive means to strengthen rasstavayas teeth will help keep gums healthy. If one ignores the first signs of periodontal disease, the disease is slowly but surely progressing, which ultimately can lead to healthy loss of the masticatory organ. Gums ceases to hold the tooth, causing its mobility. In this case, the doctor is forced to remove the tooth and install implants or dentures.
Signs and causes of the pathological process in the gums
To avoid pathological processes should take action as soon as the following symptoms:
- change the color of the mucous tissue (it becomes red or cyanotic);
- bleeding. It occurs during the mechanical action of tooth brushing, eating or even talking;
- swelling of the gums. This suggests that in tissues impaired blood supply;
- bad breath;
- atrophy of the gums.
The reasons for which starts pathological processes in the mucosa of the oral tissues, often associated with the presence of pathogens that is caused by lack of hygiene. The situation is aggravated by the following factors:
- malocclusion (the teeth are fan-shaped or too close to each other);
- the presence of teeth with caries (they are breeding grounds for infections);
- mouth breathing (is a cause of constant dry mouth).
In addition to improper care of the mouth there are other causes that lead to weakness and looseness of the gums. These include:
- diseases of the digestive system;
- diabetes mellitus;
- pathology of the cardiovascular system;
- reduction of salivary flow on the background of diseases of glands or taking some medications;
- lack of vitamins;
- hormonal changes;
- the result of the injury.
To return to the gums health, you first need to identify and address the precipitating factor. For this purpose, the examination of the oral cavity should hold the dentist make a diagnosis.
Mobility of teeth develops on the background of the following dental diseases:
|Gingivitis:||The signs of the disease bleeding and bad breath.|
|Periodontitis:||Characterized by a strong inflammatory process in periodontal tissues with purulent exudate.|
|Periodontal disease:||The disease is not inflammatory, arises as a result of violations of blood supply to the periodontal tissues. More common in older people.|
|Periodontitis:||Is a complication of chronic pulpitis or the result of inadequate rehabilitation of channels in the treatment of the tooth. Inflammation develops in the periodontium, that is, in the place between the connective tissue of the bone hole and the root cement. Occurs as a result of injury, infection or on the background of drug therapy.|
In severe periodontal inflammation better to consult a doctor to periodontist and not to wait until the process becomes irreversible. No matter what the cause triggered the inflammation the first thing to do is to conduct a professional hygiene of the oral cavity. The doctor when using ultrasound will remove hard plaque, which is a breeding ground for microorganisms.
If the disease is at an early stage, the dentist will advise than to strengthen loose gums. You can use the traditional medicine or pharmacy drugs. If the mobility is strongly expressed, applies splinting for fixing teeth.
How to restore gum health at home
Funds for strengthening the gums can make your own using substances in the composition which have components that have anti-inflammatory, wound healing, astringent, and analgesic properties.
- To strengthen the gums and relieve swelling, it is recommended to use a decoction of chamomile. For its preparation you will need two tablespoons of flowers plants and half a liter of boiling water. After the broth has settled, you can use it. The course is at least three weeks. Rinse morning, evening and after meals. Chamomile has anti-inflammatory and regenerating properties.
- To help cope with bleeding gums and restore blood flow to the decoction of oak bark. Prepare broth as follows: 500 ml of water put three tablespoons of chopped oak bark and heated to one hundred degrees. Rinse your mouth three times a day.
- Peppermint and sage will help to restore circulation to the gums. To take a decoction of a spoonful of the herbs and pour them a glass of boiling water. After the liquid has cooled you can begin the procedure. Rinsing twice a day.
Strong anti-inflammatory and has regenerating properties aloe. Its leaves can be used for cooking broths, and applications. To prepare the broth you will need two large leaf and a glass of water. Aloe Vera crushed and boiled for a few minutes. For applications discourage sheet and apply to the gums for 15 minutes.
- Strengthens teeth and gums essential oil tea tree. Before applying you need to prepare a solution for rinsing. To do this in a glass of water add two drops of essential oil. The remedy will kill the bacteria, speeds the healing process and give fresh breath.
- Fighting pathogens and a decoction of pine needles. To make you will need three tablespoons young pine needles. They are boiled in a glass of water for about 10 minutes, then infused for 7 hours. In the broth, moisten a cotton swab and put it on the inflamed gums.
- Strengthens the gums and prevents loosening of the teeth propolis. For the preparation of the drug extract of propolis dissolved in 100 ml of water.
It should be noted that the application of traditional medicine to expect an immediate result should not be. Decoctions and infusions to cook every day and apply them in the form of heat.
How to improve blood circulation in the gums
To restore blood circulation in the gums is recommended self-massage. This procedure should be done regularly and clean hands. Need to massage gently without undue pressure on the inflamed gums. Technique can be the following: slide your finger to make movements in the direction from the Central incisors to the molars. If during the massage to use tools, its effectiveness is greatly increased. You can RUB the gums:
- fir oil;
- sea buckthorn oil;
- tea tree oil;
- the pulp of garlic cloves.
To massage one area of need gums for about 20 seconds. Good for gums eat solid foods, such as carrots, apples, turnips.
Medicines to strengthen weak gums and loose
Drugstore remedies are able to quickly reduce inflammation, reduce bleeding, eliminate itching and soreness of the gums. They can be produced in the form of gels, ointments, sprays, and balms.
The most popular and effective means to strengthen soft and weak gums:
- Maraslavin. The drug is effective in periodontitis and gingivitis (i.e. inflammation in the mouth caused by pathogenic microflora). The tool is available in the form of a solution. It is composed of herbal ingredients such as wormwood, thyme, ginger, which have strong antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and healing properties. The drug is not very pleasant to the taste, but he’s fast enough to relieve swollen gums and restores blood circulation in them;
- gel Asepta. Based medicines the propolis that effectively fights disease-causing micro-organisms, accelerates the process of tissue renewal. The gel should be applied thinly to the site of inflammation. This method of application is more effective than irrigation, as the drug acts locally, forming a film on the eye. The drug should be applied twice a day after hygienic procedures and within half an hour not to eat. The course is about two weeks;
paste Solcoseryl. The tool accelerates tissue regeneration and reduces pain. The drug is prescribed for periodontal disease when exposed neck of the tooth. It has a pleasant mint flavor and is well distributed in the mucosa;
- gel Holisal. Has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, analgesic effect. Quickly eliminates swelling and bleeding;
- gel Metrogyl Denta. The antibiotic metronidazole and chlorhexidine antiseptic, so it effectively fights with microbes. However, affects only the top layer of the mucosa;
- Kamistad gel. It has relatively weak anti-inflammatory effect, it is prescribed for strong pain gums. Its main component lidocaine, which may even lead to temporary numbness of the tongue and gums immediately after use. Applied 7-10 days.
Vitamins for healthy gums
If you notice that the teeth are moving, then you need to go to the dentist and follow all his instructions. But if you strengthen gums and teeth and don’t change your habits, then sooner or later the issue will again become relevant.
On the condition of the teeth and gums is influenced by such vitamins as A, C, D, and the minerals calcium and phosphorus.
If the diet lacks vitamin A, the mucous slower is updated and becomes thicker and decreases salivation. This leads to a reduction of nutrients in periodontal tissues and causes mobility of teeth.
In order for calcium and phosphorus could be absorbed in the body in abundance should be and vitamin D. Much vitamin a is found in fish, cheese and eggs.
Vitamin C contributes to the redox process in the tissue cells, stimulates their regeneration and makes blood vessels strong and elastic. When it is suffer lack of capillaries that primarily affects the gums. Vitamin also helps absorb calcium.
In order for the teeth and gums healthy, dentists advise to follow a few simple rules:
- brush your teeth twice a day with toothpaste, selected depending on the state of the oral cavity. To strengthen the gums, it is recommended that the paste, which has herbal ingredients that provide anti-inflammatory effect, and the means to strengthen teeth (enamel) must contain fluoride or calcium;
- to maintain cleanliness of the oral cavity, carefully removing food particles and plaque from the teeth. For cleaning interdental spaces suitable dental floss, brushes, oral irrigator;
- rinse your mouth after each meal. This will help remove particles of food. And if we use decoctions or infusions, it will turn out to be therapeutic effect.
Compliance with these simple rules will help to prevent the growth of pathogenic microorganisms and to restore the acid-alkaline balance in your mouth, and this will lead to healthy gums.