Remedy for tooth sensitivity
People with sensitive teeth may not fully enjoy a Cup of hot coffee or cold lemonade in the heat. Temperature extremes, as well as sour, salty, sweet foods cause an attack of aching teeth. What exit can be found from this situation? Not to use provoking pain products (which is difficult) or find a remedy for tooth sensitivity, which will help to get rid of unpleasant symptoms.
What is the cause of hypersensitivity — an inside look
Painful reaction of the tooth to external stimuli associated with its structure. It consists of the hard tissue — dentin. On top of it covers the enamel. Tooth pulp is the nerve cells and the dentin is connected with it by small tubules with fluid. Thus, nerve endings are connected with the enamel, and thinning to respond to external stimuli. The person thus feels a sharp pain.
The reason for the sensitivity
This phenomenon in medicine is called hyperesthesia. It may be the result of the following factors:
- damage to the enamel, erase it;
- diseases of the teeth, accompanied by the destruction of the neck or root of the tooth, its outcrop (caries, periodontitis);
- gum disease;
- frequent eating of foods high in acid content (berries, citrus, alcoholic beverages, lemonade);
- long-term use of whitening toothpastes. They contain abrasive fillers or chemicals that destroy the enamel with prolonged exposure to it;
- teeth cleaning in the clinic. Removal of Tartar enamel thins and opens the cervix of the tooth;
- the lack of minerals that are good for teeth because of unbalanced nutrition;
- infectious diseases, lowered immunity;
- pulpitis (inflammation of the dental nerve);
- poor cleanliness, use for a long time, too hard toothbrushes.
Before you deal with hypersensitivity, you need to find out its cause. This can make dentist.
The types of hyperesthesia
To correctly assign the treatment, the specialist must determine the type of sensitivity. Classification by origin distinguishes two types:
- hypersensitivity caused by excessive enamel abrasion;
- occurred for other reasons not related to destruction of tissues.
There is sensitivity at its location:
- limited manifests itself on one or more teeth. Usually it is caused by tooth decay or damage the enamel filling;
- generalized — pain all or most of the teeth.
What to do with it
When symptoms appear hypersensitivity, the best option is to go to the dentist. It will guide the procedure of remineralization, which restores the enamel and close up the nerve endings. In clinics there are professional tools to reduce the high sensitivity of the teeth. Home dental care also helps to cope with this problem. It is only necessary to choose special devices that in a wide assortment of shops and pharmacies.
For use at home create a drug that contains fluoride, calcium, potassium. Toothpastes with potassium chloride have a cumulative effect — the longer its application, the better the protection of the enamel from the stimuli. These tools include toothpaste Sensodyne F. time Limits the use of such pastes is not, they can brush their teeth constantly. But bleaching is better to refuse, as they may damage the enamel, thereby increasing sensitivity. Feel the effect after one-two weeks use. There are tools that have an immediate impact.
Also toothpastes for the treatment of hyperesthesia applied rinses, ointments, films.
Tooth paste «Lacalut»
Toothpaste manufactured in Germany. «Lacalut Sensitive» fights tooth sensitivity by remineralizing the enamel. Therefore, the effect is felt immediately, but after a time, when the tooth cloth is fed with the reducing components. A new version of toothpaste «Lacalut Extra Sensitive». It is composed of amino. This component creates a film on the surface of teeth, which feeds a fluoride enamel even after brushing. Plus, the new composition has substances that block the nerve endings near the enamel. Accordingly, the effect of this paste is faster than its predecessor.
Remedy for severe tooth sensitivity UK. The two options are appropriate when hyperesthesia — «Restoration and protection» and «Immediate effect». The first pasta remineralize, nourishing essential micronutrients enamel, thereby restoring her. In addition, it fights cavities, protects against plaque and stone. High efficiency is confirmed by positive feedback about this tool.
Sensodyne «Instant effect» justifies its name. It acts immediately, is able to relieve pain. You can even RUB the paste with your fingers, if the sensitivity is so high that movement of the toothbrush cause discomfort.
Spray for oral cavity Lacalut Sensitive
A simple and convenient option that is intended not only to reduce the sensitivity. He will cope with the bacteria that cause cavities and bad breath, reduces inflammation of the gums. Enamel restoration is due to the sodium fluoride and potassium nitride. Also, it is composed of plant components, antiseptics. A small amount of conditioner to dial in your mouth, rinse for at least two minutes after every meal.
«Diplen Denta F»
«Diplen» — clear film that is glued to the teeth. It is impregnated with drugs, which while on the teeth and restore enamel. Easy to use, efficient, safe. The inner layer fills the enamel with fluoride, firming and reducing sensitivity. Top protects from external influences, contact with saliva, so that nothing interfered with the procedure. You should refuse to eat in the first 2-3 hours.
Self-adhesive tapes under the brand name «Diplen» produced a number. For sensitive teeth fits the drug marked «f» — that means here fluorine is the main active ingredient.
For the application of drug films it is preferable to cut the amount you need, apply to wet, brushed the teeth and on the gum. In addition to combat hypersensitivity, films have a preventive effect against caries and gum disease.
Worthy means to reduce the sensitivity. Highly effective in the fight against hypersensitivity. Medication is applied to teeth (pre-cleaned) for 4 minutes, then spit out the remnants of the drugs. During this time, the gel time is sufficient to nourish the enamel the fluoride. Repeat this procedure should be no earlier than six months. The drug is also used in the prevention of cavities. Sold in pharmacies in bottles of 125 ml.
GS Tooth Mousse
This cream has a high content of calcium and phosphorus. Closes the dentin tubules, thus reducing sensitivity. Apply the applicator to the surface of the teeth, is evenly distributed. Within 2-3 minutes is not recommended to spit or to swallow. After gently rinsing the mouth, washing away the excess cream. The rest dissolve on their own. After the procedure you cannot eat or drink for 30 minutes.
The drug in powder form. Has in useful for tooth minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, manganese and others. Is used in two variants:
- the compresses. Soak a cotton pad, apply to teeth. Duration of procedure 15-20 minutes;
- rinse three-percent solution.
«Remodent» — a modern drug, which copes with the problem of hyperesthesia. He also makes a case of pathological attrition of the enamel, treats her necrosis, fights cavities, helps with gum disease.
The principle of «Varnish» is similar to other drugs — it fills with fluoride tooth enamel. The tool has a viscous consistency, dark brown color and pine fragrance. When applied to the cleaned surface of the teeth, it forms a film which saturates enamel fluoride to serve as protection from external influences. After applying the procedure is repeated every 2-4 days. The treatment consists of three applications.
Folk medicine against tooth sensitivity
Fans of alternative medicine, too, will find any prescription remedies for your sensitive teeth. Natural healers — herb, they have many therapeutic properties that can be used in the fight against hypersensitivity. Natural mouth rinse can be prepared from these components:
- chamomile (soothes and fights bacteria);
- sage (antiseptic, reduces inflammation, reduces sensitivity);
- calendula (anti-inflammatory);
- oak bark (reduces sensitivity and restores the health of the gums and enamel);
- oregano (pain reliever).
Each herb (in powdered form) is taken one tablespoon, pour boiling water. The broth should infuse for at least an hour. Then it to drain and cool. The rinser is ready. Rinse your mouth at least two times a day, preferably after each meal.
Other ways to reduce the sensitivity natural means
Natural defenders of the tooth enamel quite a lot. Here are a few options:
- the propolis. His need to chew, you can even leave it on overnight (it has a viscous texture);
- the tea tree oil. It must be diluted with water (in a glass of water 3 drops of oil) and rinse mouth several times during the day. You can add to the solution a teaspoon of baking soda;
- saline solution. Rinse your mouth after eating (in a glass of water dissolve half a teaspoon of salt);
- porridge made from sprouted wheat grains. Can be eaten on a daily basis;
- juices of vegetables (turnip, cucumber) or field horsetail (herb).
In most cases hypersensitivity can be avoided if you follow some rules:
- to exclude or minimize the use of whitening toothpastes;
- use a medium-soft brush (stiff bristles can be used only as directed by your dentist);
- to adhere to the rules of hygiene — brush your teeth at least 2 times a day;
- do not expose the enamel to temperature extremes (do not combine hot and cold food or beverages);
- after eating foods with a high content of sugar and acids (citrus, lemonade, dried fruit) to rinse your mouth with clean water or special rinses;
- to eat balanced. Products should contain all the necessary minerals and vitamins that maintain the integrity and health of the enamel. In the diet should be present dairy products (cheese, cheese), sea fish, fresh vegetables (carrots, beets, broccoli), eggs;
- to ensure an adequate production of saliva. This is achieved by a copious drink of clean water. In the drying of the mouth are the first to suffer tooth enamel. Especially useful for bottled water with a high content of fluorine, calcium and other trace elements, but not aerated.
Means from tooth sensitivity can be used as prophylaxis. It will always be helpful for tooth enamel, which is daily subjected to heavy loads, which becomes thinner and breaks down.