Removal (cleaning) of dental calculus with ultrasound: benefits, price, reviews
Will tell you more about the removal (cleaning) of dental calculus with ultrasound. The advantages of this method are obvious, the prices are affordable, and the customer reviews are saying about the simplicity and effectiveness. No wonder he became one of the most popular ways to maintain the oral cavity in perfect order.
Much better, cheaper and more enjoyable to maintain healthy teeth and soft tissues, having a preventive cleaning of plaque, rather than spend a lot of money, time and effort for the treatment of diseases.
Causes of Tartar
Why do I get deposits on the teeth?
- irregular cleaning of the oral cavity;
- the presence of food debris in hard to reach places;
- excessive use of sweet and sticky foods, due to which the bacteria actively multiply;
- Smoking is especially aggravate the situation;
As there is plaque on the teeth?
Hard deposits are formed not at once. It starts with a simple soft plaque on the surface of the enamel, food particles in Mizuno space. Only a few hours, if you do not brush your teeth, bacteria will begin to actively produce substances that promote the consolidation of the plaque.
The rapid growth of pathogenic microorganisms leads to the fact that they fill the entire surface of the enamel and begins to penetrate between the teeth and under the gums. Also, this creates acid, which causes tooth decay.
Over time, the plaque mineralizers calcify. In addition to the appearance of the stone, such processes lead to inflammation of the soft tissues and dental diseases.
That your teeth are covered with excess entities, evidenced by such symptoms:
- bad breath even after hygienic procedures;
- the appearance of bleeding gums, mild swelling;
- discomfort during eating;
- pus from subgingival pockets;
- excessive mobility of the healthy units.
Why you need to remove plaque?
Dentists recommended removal of Tartar with ultrasound for several reasons:
- It is a beneficial environment for bacteria. And if it is not removed, then very quickly formed various dental diseases.
- These deposits tend to gather not only on enamel surface, but also under the gum, leading to its gradual inflammation and exposure of roots. As a result, the tooth may fall out, even when healthy.
- Bleeding and bad breath are also the consequences of such formations.
The pros and cons of ultrasonic cleaning
Removal of Tartar with ultrasound is chosen by many patients and physicians thanks to these advantages:
- In addition to cleaning, is also an antiseptic effect.
- Due to the different used tools and the overall impact on all surfaces, it is possible to achieve complete removal of the deposits even in hard to reach areas and under the gums.
- High safety of the procedure for enamel, because the device operates without direct contact to its surface.
- The painlessness of this method is confirmed by many reviews. Only people with high sensitivity may experience discomfort in the cleaning process.
- Low cost is also one of the important criteria when choosing.
Doctors say that if you conduct ultrasonic cleaning of Tartar regularly, you can prevent carious diseases, periodontitis, periostitis, flux and other unpleasant dental problems.
However, there are drawbacks that you might encounter when this method of purification:
- Many clinics still have the old model scalers that, when a circular or elliptical motion, they can damage the surface of the enamel. Therefore, you should ask the doctor what instrument it will use for cleaning Tartar on the teeth – old generation or new.
- In the case of the layman, you may encounter medical errors that lead to incomplete removal of the formations that will make the procedure defective. You need to understand that to notice the plaque on the entire surface, especially in inaccessible places, very difficult, and to remove it can only be a doctor a high level of expertise with years of experience.
- When in a patient’s mouth contains fillings, veneers, Lumineers, crowns and other fixed structures, this method of cleansing can damage them.
The procedure for removal of Tartar with ultrasound
This manipulation is done using a special device – scaler. The main part of the nozzle which produces vibrational motion of a frequency (approximately 100 mn/min). Even without the direct impact of the tip with the tooth surface ultrasonic wave capable of destroying the adhesion between the education and harmful enamel.
Conveniently, such an impact is not only on the crown part of the series, but in the subgingival pockets. In parallel with this jet is supplied with antiseptic solution and water for elution of the breakaway particles and an antibacterial surface treatment.
How to remove Tartar with ultrasound, the main stages:
- Using the oscillating motion of the nozzle there is an influence on all dental plaque and washing with water flow.
- After remove the stone on the tooth surface roughness remains. And so it does not quickly began to build up new bacteria and plaque, the doctor performs the polishing.
- The last step is optional but it is recommended to maintain healthy teeth and additional mineralized fluoridation. Due to this, the enamel becomes not only stronger, but also impervious for a time to new formations.
But the polishing process occurs in a variety of methods. It can be processed using special paste and brushes, stepname (special abrasive strips) or unit Air Flow.
Due to this proper care can be achieved not only cleanse but also prevent various diseases, to rinse the periodontal pockets and whiten your enamel on a 1-2 pitch. The whole process takes about an hour or slightly more. The doctor will give recommendations after the removal of the care of teeth, following which you can reduce the risk of rapid plaque formation.
Unfortunately, not all available to use this method of preserving the health of teeth. Select the main contraindications:
- problems of the cardiovascular system such as arrhythmias or a pacemaker;
- asthma, tuberculosis and other lung diseases;
- infection, HIV, hepatitis, etc.;
- child age, when there is the emergence of occlusion and the change of teeth;
- the presence of implants and prosthetic constructions in the oral cavity of the patient;
- high from nature enamel sensitivity;
- malignant tumors at any stage;
- diabetes mellitus;
- disorders of the nervous system such as epilepsy;
- reduced immunity, which manifests as frequent colds and other diseases.
But during pregnancy some doctors even insist that conduct ultrasonic cleaning of teeth more often than usual. However, this is not advisable in the first trimester, when the body is too sensitive to various external influences.
To determine how much such a procedure, you need to contact the clinic where you will spend it, since prices differ significantly.
For example, in Moscow average range is in the range of 200-400 rubles, but may be much more in individual offices. It is important to find a doctor who removes the Tartar with ultrasound efficiently.
To avoid the appearance of abundant deposits, you should follow standard dental recommendations for every day:
- Use a brush with medium or high hardness, and high-quality pasta.
- Conduct hygiene procedures twice a day – morning and evening.
- Cleaning make circular motions for at least five minutes.
- To remove food, make sure to use a special dental floss.
- If you purchase the oral irrigator, the quality of hygiene will increase to several times, as this simple device is able to clean the plaque from the most inaccessible places.
- Pay special attention to the inner side of the dentition.
- Do not forget to clean the surface of the tongue, as it also accumulate bacteria.
- When you eat hard food (apples, carrots) is a natural cleaning the surface of the plaque.
- Twice a year visit your dentist for professional dental treatment.
- Try to avoid sugary foods, carbonated beverages, excessive consumption of coffee and tea, as well as get rid of bad habits (Smoking).
Video: ultrasonic cleaning of Tartar.
I passed once such a procedure. It was a little unpleasant, but bearable. The feeling immediately after that had some charm, even the taste in my mouth changed. But the cleanliness of the teeth did not last long.
Every year I make the ultrasonic treatment, as I don’t want to treat the patients teeth. I love that it is quick and painless, in a single session. And even turns a little to whiten enamel.
Me dentist recommends this cleaning 3-4 times a year, as the habit of drinking a lot of coffee and Smoking heavily pollute the teeth. While I was doing that from time to time, but apparently you need to agree to more frequent treatments.
► Does it hurt to remove Tartar with ultrasound or not?
It is believed that this procedure is painless. But there is a category of patients who suffer from hypersensitivity of the enamel. They may complain of pain. In such cases, use local anesthesia.
► When you can eat after the procedure?
Right after a professional teeth cleaning it is advisable to eat foods. But very strict guidelines on this matter no. The only condition is that in the first weeks try to avoid colored beverages and foods.