Removal of milk teeth in children: indications, price
Periodically parents need to decide on the removal of milk teeth in children. What are there for this statement, the price for the procedure, as well as important details such manipulation we’ll describe in more detail.
To carry the treated teeth and to engage in the diagnosis of various dental diseases can only be a pediatrician. He also will insist on the decision to leave or to remove the affected unit. In each case, you need to consider numerous factors «for» and «against».
Role of milk teeth
Nature conceived the existence of children’s units and their shift to permanent for a reason. Thanks to such a simple teeth toddler can learn to process solid food, and their limited number of easily fit in small children’s teeth. In addition, the role of dairy units is also important for the gradual formation of normal bone volume that was not her fault.
Each tooth in the row helps to fully function jaws to process food, preserve articulation and forming a proper bite. And though they to the 12-13 years of a child’s life will completely fall out and in their place will be the permanent, yet hurry with the removal is not necessary.
It is better to treat or remove?
Parents of kids are wondering whether it is possible to remove the baby tooth if it is affected by caries or a dental abscess. You need to understand that the early elimination of units can lead to serious consequences:
- the free space will quickly fill up with the presence of teeth, which would entail the displacement of the entire series and malocclusion;
- significantly reduced the load on the bone tissue that will not allow her to develop and grow to the desired volume, and this will be a problem in the eruption of permanent units and the lack of places for them;
- the absence of even one tooth will result in inadequate chewing of food, which will cause disruption of the gastrointestinal tract;
- it can also cause psychological discomfort for the child, because he will be laughed at peers.
Why dentists try to save teeth in children until they fall out due to natural causes, and treat each unit by all available means.
Indications and contraindications
There are certain situations when the specialist recommends to remove the affected unit:
- caries in advanced and severe form, when the crown is almost gone, and its impossible to fill;
- if you have already started the eruption of the permanent tooth, if the previous has not yet fallen, and hinders the natural process;
- the presence of the fistula;
- lose nerve, leading to pulpitis, periodontitis and the spread of the infection into the surrounding tissue;
- too late resorption of root of baby tooth that does not erupt following;
- the presence of a cyst or cellulitis;
- when destroyed sharp edge injures the soft tissue.
But even in such situations, the physician should carefully examine your mouth and decide if there are any contraindications for removal of a baby tooth. So, it is strictly forbidden to carry out such a procedure in the following cases:
- any inflammation in baby’s mouth – stomatitis, gingivitis, candidiasis, herpes, etc.;
- acute infectious diseases – whooping cough, scarlet fever, strep throat, chicken pox, and influenza and other acute respiratory infections;
- the problem of coagulation of the child’s body – leukemia, hemophilia, etc.;
- some serious condition and chronic disease – heart disease, failure, epilepsy;
- bruising in the area of the affected tooth.
Each situation is considered individually and a decision is taken after weighing the benefit and harm to the body of the child.
Features of extraction of primary teeth in children
To carry out such a procedure can only be experienced doctor who knows all the nuances of the structure that is children’s units:
- the alveolar wall is very thin;
- the roots of these teeth can break up under unusual angles;
- the neck is weak, unexpressed.
So the difficulty of removing dairy units requires special skills and knowledge. Doing this with a special crimper with a weak fixation. Due to this minimizes the risk of damage to the walls. Technique:
- Tool cover the crown of the tooth.
- Doing the minimum pressure.
- Produce so called dislocation, luxation research.
- Carefully, one motion unit is removed from the hole.
- Further inspect the soft tissues, not leaving any root or its components.
- Apply the swab to the location from which confiscated the tooth to stop bleeding.
Parents may be concerned about another question – does it hurt the child during the procedure and do the anesthesia? If the milk tooth has partially loosened itself and its roots are almost resolved, then it does not require any serious drugs for pain relief, because the procedure is easy and simple.
If still does not grow a permanent tooth, a milk is required to be removed due to some problems, such manipulation will be painful. So the doctor applies a local anesthetic modern drugs, which practically does not cause side effects. But initially also conduct tests for allergies.
General anesthesia if the tooth is used in very rare cases. Usually it is too small the age of the child when it is impossible to establish contact, or a panic fear of the dental chair.
Rinse your mouth after the procedure
Not enough to make the tooth correctly, take care a hole opened in the early days. Doctors recommend the following:
- two hours after the procedure, the child should not eat anything and even drink;
- rinse to do for two or three days with the use of infusions of chamomile or sage;
- antiseptic from the pharmacy, for example, «Rotokan», will help to heal the wound and cleanse it of germs;
- parents should ensure that the child did not touch the gum with your hands or sharp objects.
These simple rules are designed to protect the open cavity from infection. But if you notice any signs of incipient inflammation – fever, bleeding, an unpleasant mouth odor, you should immediately consult a doctor.
What complications can occur?
If you remove a baby tooth too early, not yet started to grow permanent, it can lead to bone atrophy, reduction and weakening. Due to this shift of row, malocclusion, and the next tooth will grow in the right place. To replace the remote unit for some time set child plastic dentures.
In the case of illiterate actions of a doctor can result in such problems as damage to the walls of the neighboring tooth, intense development of caries, inflammation of the remaining nerve blood supply disturbance.
As we mentioned, the absence of teeth in children will lead to problems with articulation, complicate the communication between a peer and there is a risk of developing a chronic disease of the gastrointestinal tract due to lack of food processing in the mouth.
Video: removal of milk teeth.
Could it be the temperature after removing the baby tooth?
Depending on the complexity of the operation, the body of the child, his sensitivity, and other factors, and manifest different side effects. Thus, because of the stress the child in the first hours after the procedure may have a fever.
But if it lasts a few days or is accompanied by any other symptoms, do consult your doctor, since it indicates the resulting inflammation.
When you can do without the help of a dentist?
Learning how much the procedure for removal of a baby tooth, not all parents are willing to pay for it. And even whatever the price, I think that they are able to cope with such manipulation.
Of course, if he began to stagger and ready to natural the change permanent, to remove a baby tooth in the home without dental fixtures are acceptable. But it should be done with clean hands, and opened the wound to close the wool until it stops bleeding.