Removal of Tartar with ultrasound: ultrasonic cleaning
Removal of Tartar with ultrasound is a popular procedure that refers to the number of hygienic procedures to a third of the population of the planet. Plaque is a common cause of many diseases in dentistry. It is formed from plaque. This RAID consists of 90% of the bacteria found in the oral cavity, and also from the remnants of food particles which stick to the enamel and get stuck between the teeth and in root holes. If plaque is not removed on time or correctly to oral hygiene, it eventually strengthened, mineralizers and become solid and dense deposition.
Plaque is supragingival, and subgingival. You can recognize only the first type, characterized by patches of yellow-brown color.
Symptoms of the presence of deposits on the teeth
The symptoms that indicate the presence of Tartar, include:
- bad breath;
- swelling and bleeding of the gums;
- discomfort when chewing food;
- purulent discharge from periodontal pockets;
- mobility of the teeth.
Causes of plaque formation
The main reasons leading to the emergence of a plaque are:
- insufficient or improper care of the oral cavity;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Smoking and alcohol abuse;
- a malformed bite;
- the habit of not cleaning your mouth after a snack;
- unbalanced nutrition, use of harmful products.
To prevent development of more serious dental problems, Tartar need to be removed. Carry out the procedure of removal a better at the dental clinic in advance without waiting for the signs.
The method of removal
There are 3 methods of removal of dental plaque:
- Manual method – deposits are removed with special hand instruments.
- Laser therapy acts on the molecular bonds within tissue.
- The ultrasonic method is the most efficient and safe process based on the cleansing of the teeth with ultrasound.
The most preferred choice among all visitors dental offices way currently is the removal of Tartar with ultrasound using a special device – scaler. Inside the housing of this device has a motor as a generator that causes ultrasonic handpiece to oscillate the desired frequency (approximately 100 million movements per minute). Contact with dental stone, the vibrational motion apply to it, and the vibration waves are destroying the attachment of the stones to your teeth.
In the cleaning process on the nozzle tip there is a supply of water or an antiseptic solution which cools the appliance and the tooth surface and the fragments are washed and washed out of the periodontal pockets. For all actions in the patient’s mouth is the saliva ejector. With it removed the liquid. After removing deposits on the surface of the tooth remain small imperfections that need removing. If not removed, the rough surface will quickly attach themselves to the germs and will be a new RAID. To avoid this, the irregularities are polished.
There are following methods of polishing:
- The use of special brushes and pastes. With this method, it is polished, the entire surface of the teeth, and the gaps between them are handled by the strip (a thin abrasive strips).
- Apparatus «АirFlow». This equipment cleans and polishes the teeth with water-air mixture with particles of abrasive that is fed under pressure. Using this method you can Polish the teeth to a mirror finish.
After polishing is the procedure of fluorination. It is optional but recommended. After removal of the deposits of the teeth are badly affected by fluoride, thus the efficiency increases. Fluoridation of teeth can reduce tooth sensitivity in the region of the necks. This procedure is carried out with gels or varnishes with a high content of sodium fluoride.
In some cases, after the ultrasound cleaning requires anti-inflammatory therapy. The alternative may be the use of toothpastes anti-inflammatory action within 14 days.
Advantages of the ultrasonic method
Removal of Tartar by ultrasonic method has several advantages:
- The effect of antiseptic. With periodontitis the infection and the bacteria are mainly concentrated in periodontal pockets. Ultrasound provides additional antibacterial protection in these places.
- High quality and versatility. Ultrasound due to the large variety of nozzles cleans all types of RAID, regardless of difficulty and location.
- The safety of the procedure. Contactless cleaning method allows not to damage the healthy enamel.
- Comfort. The procedure is considered painless. In rare cases, the high sensitivity of tooth neck or when cleaning the deposits under the gum felt a little uncomfortable.
- Affordable price.
Ultrasonic removal of Tartar helps to prevent following diseases:
- periostitis or an abscess.
Disadvantages of ultrasonic method
In this method, there are several drawbacks:
- You know the old production. All dental ultrasonic devices differ. The main difference is the shape of the working movements of the tip of scaler bits. The best option is to strictly linear movement, not circular or elliptical. To devices that have linear oscillations of nozzles include piezoelectric ultrasonic scalers. But in many dental clinics now have an older inexpensive instruments – acoustic and magnetostrictive calerami. They produce ultrasonic waves, but the oscillations of the tip have a circular or elliptical shape. When such movement occurs injury the surface of the teeth.
- The incompetence and illiteracy of the doctor. Ultrasonic method of scaling is hard work. Many people are the stones, which by visual inspection can not be overlooked. Search and removal of dental plaque is a long process, requiring highly skilled dentist.
- With ultrasonic cleaning of teeth with defective restorations, crowns and fillings there is a risk of loss of the seal, or peeling of the prosthesis. In such situations, the seal changed to better quality, and a crown set on new cement.
Ultrasonic cleaning deposits from teeth has a number of contraindications:
- diabetes mellitus;
- chronic bronchitis;
- frequent colds;
- disease transmitted by contact or by blood transfusion;
- children’s age;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Teeth cleaning during pregnancy
In the period of carrying a child expectant mother must follow the oral hygiene. The dental health for pregnant is important. Indeed, in such a crucial period is not desirable to carry infectious and bacterial diseases that are dangerous to the fetus. In the presence of diseases or abnormalities in the mouth the immune system of a pregnant reduced. Also during this period, the teeth become fragile and even collapse. Women in position, ultrasonic teeth cleaning is allowed and even necessary, but only from the 4th month of pregnancy and in the absence of contraindications. In the first trimester in pregnant women increases the sensitivity to the electric field and to avoid the risk, this procedure is not carried out. Removal of Tartar will protect the mother from complications during pregnancy.
Diet after the procedure
There are several rules that you should stick after ultrasonic cleaning:
- Do not consume within a couple of days of food, coloring teeth.
- Cleansing the mouth after each meal.
- Remove food particles from the gaps between the teeth with dental floss or special brushes.
To prevent dental plaque you should make the following recommendations:
- proper cleansing of the teeth and oral cavity;
- monitoring of the oral cavity;
- consumption of solid food;
- it is possible to eliminate from the diet sweet, fizzy drinks, coffee and tea;
- timely dental check-UPS.
Ultrasonic cleaning is currently a very popular procedure, the periodicity of which is determined jointly by the physician and the patient. With regular holding will be able to preserve the health of the teeth and improve their appearance.