Removal of the nerve of the tooth: dental
Despite the crucial role of the pulp and sometimes the removal of the nerve of the tooth is the only solution when it is inflammation. Because the infection can spread beyond the root, causing a variety of complications. After referral to a specialist, the patient receives the appointment for the procedure, then complying with all recommendations, there is a rapid restoration and the tooth no longer gives any trouble.
What is pulp
The nerve in the tooth or scientifically pulp is the nerve-vascular bundle with a complex branched structure. It goes through the entire coronal part and roots, being not only a guide to various stimuli, but also an obstacle in the way of pathogens and microbes.
But despite the major useful features of this process, the removal of the nerve in the tooth in some cases is mandatory. The consequences are often in an inevitable loss of sensitivity for molar including because of a violation of its blood supply. The nutrients and minerals do not enter the correct amount, the tooth becomes dull and brittle, but under certain indications dentistry can offer only one option — removal of the nerve.
The main cause of diseases of the pulp
The most common reason for this procedure is considered to be carious destruction of the tooth on one of the last stages. At this point, the disease manages to reach the soft tissue, so no other way remains.
Among the characteristic symptoms — pain, especially when the mechanical effect on the tooth. Their severity can vary in its intensity and localization, everything is very individual.
It is important to understand why it is impossible to self-medicate and consult a specialist at the first signs. Depends on how far in time to come the disease and whether it is necessary to remove tooth nerve completely. This may develop unpleasant consequences, up to purulent pulpitis, and the inflammation is always dangerous to health.
Indications for removal of the nerve endings
Modern dentistry can handle the most complex cases, requiring removal of the nerve. For example, in traumatic pulpitis it is necessary, if there is massive trauma to the tooth, often suffer from front.
In addition, infection that causes inflammation, can penetrate inside the tooth not just tooth decay, but also through the hole in the top of the root. The result is a pulp which develops in the classical scenario.
Another option when root canal surgery is inevitable in case of damage of pulp stones or so-called stones. The fabric bundle are compressed, irritation occurs, although the tooth seems perfectly healthy.
The question of removing the nerve occurs and when making prosthetics that depends on the type of crowns and of course the professionalism of the doctor. So, if the tooth is destroyed significantly, without this do not succeed even when working with metal ceramics, although here the decision is made individually.
Ways to remove pulp
Today’s dentistry offers several options for carrying out this procedure. If you do not have to worry about unpleasant sensations, it is enough to use high-quality anesthesia. Although still there are cases when the patient fails to persuade the local anesthesia, then in the absence of contraindications, is assigned to General anesthesia.
First, if appropriate, removal of the nerve from the tooth is only partially. This provides him the preservation of a sufficient proportion of sensitivity. The second method involves the use of arsenic, it is not new and requires a long recovery period.
The most modern way is to freeze the tooth along with pulp, the opening of access to the nerve and a smooth retrieve. It is less traumatic, besides the removed all the affected tissue, which in the future could cause problems.
Removal with the use of arsenic
Despite more modern methods, sometimes you can still meet the application of arsenic when removing the nerve of a diseased molar. This happens in the following way:
- With the help of a drill is an extension of the root canal;
- Into the cavity with a naked nerve is laid a paste of arsenic;
- Put temporary filling for a period of two days, thus gradually killing the nerve. It happens quite badly, so now and are more humane ways;
- When you re receiving temporary filling needs to get out, and the pulp is removed;
- Remains the permanent seal to clean the channels. The problem is that the pulp could not be removed completely, then the patient again experiences pain.
Because of the pain treatments using arsenic and the toxicity of the substance it is today not common.
Modern removal procedure
Now more detail on how the nerve is removed from the tooth, the whole process consists of several stages:
- The autopsy polyarnoi camera;
- The procedure of removing the nerve with the use of polypoetry. It is a thin metal device with sharp spikes, which is able to remove the tissue along the entire length of the deep and lateral canals;
- Processing channel. After I made the extraction, it is necessary to remove dead tissue. For this there are two ways — the first refers to the mechanical with the use of special tools, other medication — it requires a special solution together with the sodium hypochlorite;
- Drying and tooth filling.
Methods of sealing
After the occurred removal of the nerve and the canal treated, it is filling and it is not less important stage for a good recovery.There are two methods:
- Cold material condensation. Inside the tooth is placed rubber pin, which must necessarily fill in the side space of the molar, then it condenseries;
- Hot method. After placing the pin in the cavity takes place the heating of the material flowing in the slightest hole, and then the rubber solidifies, there is a sealing of the dentin.
Modern dentistry has at its disposal all for accurate control of the result. Specialist accurately identifies that the tooth nerve is completely removed and the channels cleaned efficiently.
However, many dentists, to verify this put a temporary filling. If the patient is to remove the nerve and to re-admission does not occur pain, you can remove the old and install permanent seal, otherwise assigned to a full diagnostic.
Unfortunately, when you remove the pulp may be mistakes, as this is a complex undertaking and its success depends on many things — the equipment, the professionalism of the doctor and the clinical picture of the disease. For example, during the procedure, you may experience troubles such as tool’s breakage inside the canal, or heavy bleeding.
For this reason, instead of using polypoetry it is recommended that another method of work — the gradual cutting of the soft tissue of the files necessary phased meatal cleansing with antiseptic solution in large quantity.
Another unpleasant complication is the gradual color change of the molar. Darkening or yellowing of talk about the poor treatment of channels, tools or defective excision of the carious tissue.
This process depends on used for the sealing material, for example, Endomethasone inevitably causes yellowing. This side effect prescribed in the instructions, so it is not recommended for the front teeth. And from the resorcinol-formalin paste tooth becomes different shades of pink, this is a budget option so it is sometimes continue to apply.
Pain after removing the nerve
Among the most common complications can be found and the occurrence of pain. This happens for several reasons:
- The treatment was carried out with violations. The pain may occur with incomplete removal of the nerve or insufficient cleansing of the channel. This is due to a great extent on the competence of the dentist;
- The pain arose from the fact of intervention. This is a temporary phenomenon, which should pass quickly, the pain are throbbing in nature and is manifested when pressure is applied to the tooth, closing the jaws, the chewing of food. With a certain amount of painkillers a patient can help himself, until this state will not retreat (2-3 days). Otherwise, make sure you seek professional;
- Occurred allergic reaction. This means that could be intolerance to any drug, you need professional advice.
If that appears, the pain improves with time, there is swelling or bad breath, then in the oral cavity develops inflammation and treatment is delayed.
Self-destruction of nerve endings
Before you remove the nerve alone, think about it, why would you risk it and ask for qualified help. But if there are special circumstances, try the following method, but at your own risk:
- Determine whether the nerve is inflamed Appendix. Either take a SIP of cold water and check your feelings or push on the gums in the area of the tooth bothering you;
- Prepare the oral cavity. You should thoroughly brush your teeth with the usual toothpaste and toothbrush;
- The extraction of the pulp. Now take a sterile needle and very gently cleaned her hole in the tooth;
- Rinse. After the procedure, it is important to avoid infection by rinsing your mouth with an antiseptic solution or plain liquid that you are using.You can use a special tool on the basis of the acids of arsenic, this should not be a pure substance, the concentration is of great importance. Another method is to soak a cotton wool in alcohol or vinegar, and carefully place it in the canal to avoid hurting the gums.
The cost of treatment
Then, how much it will cost the removal of the nerve depends on treatment regimens and the complexity of the intervention. In the pricelist you will find a list of all services — from unsealing treatment of the channels before putting him medication and overlay light seals.
A good clinic you must determine the price range of the treatment, sign the necessary manipulations. For example, the complete therapy of one of the posterior teeth with a complete diagnosis can cost about 9 thousand rubles.