Removal of the tooth root: how it is done
Removal of the tooth root is shown in each case where the crown as a result of caries is almost completely destroyed. There are other reasons for this procedure — for example, when the roots are affected by the pathological processes. Do I need to remove the root of the tooth if the procedure for health or if it has contraindications?
Why you need to remove the roots
Most patients are afraid of this procedure because it is associated with certain negative feelings. However, the removal of the tooth root is not necessary. In most cases, limited to prosthetic crowns. But the patient should understand that in conditions, if there is only the root of the tooth can develop a strong infectious process in the oral cavity. And so the doctor may recommend as soon as possible to remove roots. And for the following reasons:
- Any rotten teeth are a source of infection in the body. The more rotten teeth, the the person more problems, and bad breath is not the only inconvenience. On the remains of the tooth roots is always present RAID, which affects primarily the gums.
- On top of the damaged tooth is constantly evolving inflammatory process. It not only leads to bone destruction, but also to the formation of cysts or granulomas. The most severe complication of this process is the flux.
- Suffering from rotten teeth and the immune system: it is forced to waste their strength to fight the bacteria present in the region of the mouth. And if the roots of the tooth are not removed, in any case, there comes a time when the immune system no longer prevents further spread of the bacterial process. Against this background, people are much more likely to suffer colds and viral infections.
All of this suggests that the removal of the root should be carried out as early as possible.
When it is necessary to remove urgently
There are situations when it is necessary to remove as quickly as possible, and of the toothkeeping techniques speech can not go. Here are common situations when to remove the tooth need urgently:
- complex fractures;
- severe inflammatory disease (cyst, abscess, phlegmon, or abscess);
- if the crown part is ruined is much lower than the gums;
- with strong mobility of the tooth root;
- atypical location of previously removed the tooth with different kinds of dental anomalies.
Sometimes the patient wants a hurry to part with the roots of wisdom teeth. The reasons for this lie in the following:
- if you care for your teeth is difficult because of the peculiarities of their arrangement and they are rapidly destroyed as a result of intensive carious process;
- during the eruption of wisdom teeth is offset from other units of the dentition, develop a malocclusion;
- with regular biting of the cheek, which leads to chronic injuries and even the appearance of tumors.
How does the removal of
Most patients do not know how to remove the root of the tooth. Often on this background, develop all kinds of fears, and the person subsequently goes a long time with the remnants of the tooth, even rotting. Meanwhile, in the vast majority of cases, the dentist is enough to use tongs with special accessories. No need to make any incisions, even if the root is slightly delayed. In uncomplicated cases, remove the tooth roots of the upper jaw lasts no more than 10 minutes.
However, there are unpleasant cases when surgical removal requires a chisel and hammer. It must be done in the case of the formation of the formation of multiple roots. As a rule, the feasibility of these «frightening» surgical instruments happens at a young age.
Recently, the chisel was used less. There are professional drill, which cut the roots. Doctor can remove the roots in small sections, using the Elevator.
Not always cutting teeth using the same drill helps patients. This usually applies to cases when the tooth is removed wisdom. As a rule, the above operation is carried out by a physician assistant. When removing the roots is used high-quality anesthesia and so the patient feels no pain during the manipulation.
About anesthesia during tooth extraction
Used in dentistry local and General anesthesia. In the first case, the drug effects directly on the area that will be subjected to surgical interference. General anesthesia is caused by use of narcotic analgesics introduced into the body inhalation or through intravenous injection.
Lately for local anesthesia less frequently used disposable syringes. The doctor prefers karpolan. They have a much thinner needle so that the injection will not be so unpleasant that it is important for patients with low pain threshold.
Of course, pain during anesthesia is the cause of fear. The pain will be stronger if the doctor quickly injects the anesthetic. To reduce discomfort the injection site is treated with Lidocaine in the form of a spray.
There are special preparations for removing fear and anxiety. It is preferable to use Afobazol: it is OTC and is not addictive. It can be used courses.
Among the local anaesthetics should be noted Articaine (Ultracain, Ubistesin, Septanest). Superior analgesic effect of Lidocaine is almost in 2 times, and Novocaine, even 6 times. Ubistesin and Ultrakain safe while carrying a child. The anesthetic needs to be used together with Adrenaline.
Ways to remove roots
Removal of the damaged tooth can happen in different ways and has its own characteristics. You need to consider in more detail how this is done:
- Tooth extraction using forceps. The doctor must separate the exposed gingiva from the root. Sometimes exfoliate the mucous membrane and periosteum. The procedure becomes much easier if the bone is resorbed (this happens in older patients).
- Tooth of the upper jaw (especially if you need to remove the canine) is produced using a special forceps — shtykovidnoe etc. There are S-shaped elements, to facilitate the separation of the roots and their dislocation. The surgeon makes a rotational motion. When difficulties with the removal of the tooth such tools applied boron.
- The roots of the lower jaw to remove a lot easier: they are shorter, and the walls of the hole thinner. Again, the removal of the canine is connected with certain difficulties, so the doctor uses special forceps. For removal of the molars is used the Elevator.
- The Elevator can be used in other cases, if the Nipper does not give the desired effect. This tool is used almost always, if the roots are deep in the hole.
- To extract the roots of teeth, abnormally located, as well as the third molar, is used to direct the Elevator. Equipment removal is quite complicated.
- Corner Elevator used to remove tooth roots of molars.
Methods of processing holes
The hole of the removed tooth should be carefully handled. It is mandatory the application of the antiseptic solution, for example Alvares. It should be placed in the hole in the case when there are no signs of inflammation. This need is due to a prophylactic purpose.
For the convergence of the wound edges her sew. This needs to be done to reduce the likelihood of bleeding and infection previously treated wounds. You must remember that bleeding can occur some time after tooth extraction and, therefore, need to be extremely attentive and to follow all recommendations of the doctor.
Removal of stitches takes place 5-10 days after surgery. If used catgut, suture is not removed: this material is resorbed on their own. The appearance of any inflammation, increased local temperature, swelling and other signs of complications should immediately contact the dentist. Sometimes after surgery for tooth extraction is severe pain. To do this, the doctor prescribes some medicine for the pain.
Pain after tooth extraction
If after the surgery to remove the root of the tooth severe pain occurs, we need to fight it. The most effective remedy against toothache to the following:
- Nurofen is the most effective drug to prescribe to their patients to combat severe toothache. Relates to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. In acute pain, the recommended intake Nurofen Forte. It is forbidden to drink is a remedy in 3 trimester of pregnancy.
- Have Ketonal is the best remedy for high-intensity pain. Has a strong prolonged action. It can not be used during pregnancy and by persons under the age of 18.
- Ketanov perfectly eliminates even the most severe pain. However, it can only be applied in the most extreme case because it has an impressive list of contraindications and side effects.
- Nimesil can be used to relieve secondary pain. Side effects from taking it are much less.
- Paracetamol is a good remedy for the relief of medium-intensive toothache. However in high doses this drug is not appointed.
- The aspirin slightly reduces the pain syndrome, and because hemotoksicheskie and hepatotoxicity is rarely prescribed. In any case, it cannot be used for children, in case of pathologies of the hematopoietic system, liver, pregnant and lactating women.
- Antibiotics for toothache take the forbidden: they do not possess analgesic properties, and improper use cause the body great harm.
What if in the hole are the remains of the tooth
Sometimes the incompetence of the doctor in the hole to prevent fragments of the tooth. For example, during removal can snap off the root with a cyst. It happens that the tip of the tooth breaks off, but further plot hole the doctor can not see, and as she bleeds. Even a professional in such cases, forced to work, essentially, blind. Sometimes the doctor delays the further destruction of teeth, explaining to the patient what happened, what needs to be done and when to come on followed by a reception.
Finally, there are cases where a specialist advises his patients to «wait a bit», as «a root out of myself.» This is bad practice. Well, if left in the hole a fragment for a long time is not worried. But all this time the tooth channel continues more or less intense inflammation.
For the patient much worse if the root is left together with the granuloma. This almost inevitably leads to the formation of flux (sometimes he breaks even in 10 years after a failed uninstall). Often help such a person can be already on the operating table.
How to remove the roots of the teeth in this case? It is advisable to complete earlier taken the case to the end. And no need to delay the complete removal of the remaining parts of the tooth. If the doctor assures you that you need to wait, because the root of «coming out», it is better to go to another dentist. An experienced doctor should be completely removed from the wells all the fragments left after pulling tooth. This applies to all cases where the pulling was difficult.
When you are not allowed to remove the roots of the teeth
Finally, there are diseases and the state when the remaining roots of the teeth in the hole to remove prohibited. In this case, it is the treatment of the underlying disease and then the patient visits a doctor and only if a satisfactory condition is removal. So, to remove the roots of teeth is prohibited in the following cases:
- Myocardial infarction.
- Transferred stroke.
- A sudden increase in blood pressure.
- Expressed disorders of the heart (e.g., arrhythmia, and arrhythmia).
- Different blood clotting disorder. Totally unacceptable deletion in hemophilia.
- Blood diseases (leukemia, hemorrhagic diathesis).
- Some mental disorders, primarily schizophrenia.
However, in each of these cases, the question of removal of the tooth root is handled individually. It happens that such an operation can not to defer: whereas it is carried out in a hospital. In his terms always have the opportunity to provide patient emergency medical care.
The presence of roots after tooth extraction is often a complication of the operation fails. It is not necessary to wait until the shard «came out» from the hole: to get rid of it it is necessary as early as possible. Modern medicine is complex, efficient methods of removing even the most remote roots.