Removed the tooth in the hole that the white
You removed a tooth, in the hole, something white, and you don’t know, should I worry and re-apply to the doctor? Tooth extraction is quite a complex dental procedure, which may be accompanied by not only discomfort, but also quite painful sensations. To the operation was efficiently and painlessly, and the recovery period is ended quickly and without complications, you need to apply only to experienced and qualified specialist. Remaining after removal of the tooth the hole is an open, unprotected wound. Of course, it can hurt, bleed and deliver some discomfort for some time after surgery. Particularly difficult is the recovery period after a wisdom tooth that has extensive roots and a rather complicated structure.
The process of recovery wells
Naturally, such a dental procedure, as the removal of sick or damaged tooth, has implications that are defined by doctors as a natural rehabilitation period:
- Especially important is the first day after a visit to the dentist. It was during this period patients formed blood clot. It is a necessary element in the healing hole, and therefore it is not necessary to remove or pry off.
- After 3 days, you receive a white film after tooth removal — a thin layer of the epithelium, indicating the beginning of the healing process.
- A week later the white patches in the hole after tooth extraction almost completely displaces and replaces the closing the wound with a blood clot. A small part of this education remains only in the Central part of the hole. Inside the damage starts the process of formation of bone tissue.
- After 2 weeks, the wound on the site of an extracted tooth is fully covered by thin epithelial tissue. The whole damaged area is replaced by abundant granulation tissue and begins active growth of bone tissue.
- A month later, the amount of formed bone tissue is sufficient to almost completely fill the area of the tooth hole.
- After about 4 months the surface of this region is almost indistinguishable from the jaw, and the edges of the alveoli and wounds decrease in size.
All of the steps of healing can be observed under the standard removal painful and problem teeth that do not require further operations and prosthetics.
The peculiarities of the rehabilitation period
A few days after the dental extraction appears white patches on the gums, which replaces the previously formed blood clot. Despite the fact that this phenomenon is a bit misleading for many patients, this is a normal behavior of the mucous membrane, which forms a protective film on the wound. In this way the human organism tries to prevent the development of infectious diseases of the oral cavity or inflammatory process. Therefore, noticing something white in the hole, you should not be frightened, but it is also advisable not to touch is education. However, if the color of the neoplasm is characterized by a yellow or grey hue, these symptoms can be a sign of sepsis and become the reason for additional consultation.
Another feature of rehabilitation may be an unpleasant smell from the mouth. The main reason of its occurrence are problems with the hygiene of the injured place. Try to eliminate the unpleasant odor due to thorough cleaning or rinse with special solutions is not necessary, as such actions can lead to more severe damage of soft tissues. Fully ready to care for the oral cavity will be possible only after complete healing of the wound.
Dryness of the gums after a visit to the dental office can occur due to problems with the formation of a blood clot in the extraction socket. Another popular reason for these problems is damage to the inflamed area of the gum particles of solid food. Dry spot removal, tooth is a bad scenario because it can lead to such complication as alveolitis — inflammation on the inner surface of the hole.
How to care for a tooth after removal
Once the problematic tooth is removed, whether it is canines, incisors, premolars or molars, must be strict adherence to the rules, which are aimed at faster healing of injuries inside the hole and reduced risk of infection.
Basic preventive measures compliance with which is recommended by dentists:
- Immediately after visiting the dental office and removal of the problematic tooth, you must bite the tampon with specialized medical staff and to keep in place the wound for half an hour after the extraction.
- Do not touch formed after the operation, the blood clot and try to avoid touching the tongue to the damaged area of the gums.
- Within a few hours after the procedure, try not to drink beverages with a straw and to avoid any action that could create a vacuum in the oral cavity, as such negligence may result in the removal of a blood clot and the opening of bleeding.
- A few days after the procedure, you should avoid participating in sporting events and performing intensive physical activity.
- A few hours do not take solid food, to avoid injury to the wound in the place of the removed tooth.
- Within a week after the dental procedure is recommended to avoid drinking alcoholic beverages and Smoking.
If you follow these procedures consistently and in accordance with the recommendations of the doctor, a hole in the problem area to heal as quickly and painlessly as. But there are situations when you need to re-consult a specialist — it’s too slow or improper healing of the gums.
Preventive procedures should be carried out within 1-2 weeks after dental surgery. In this period there is a restoration of the structure of tissues that have been damaged during the operation. After healing wounds on the gums after tooth extraction can safely return to your regular way of life that has no effect on the growth of bone tissue.
When you need repeated consultation of the doctor
The normal reaction of the organism to tooth errors can be symptoms such as swelling, increased pain and inflammation of the lymph nodes. Especially often these symptoms occur after removal of wisdom teeth. However, every patient needs to know what symptoms indicate about the risk of complications and are a signal for re-consultation, the dentist.
Anxiety symptoms are the following deviations:
- Within a few days after surgery does not stop the bleeding, although he was taken all the necessary measures, and the wound was applied a tampon of gauze fabric.
- Puffy cheeks does not subside within a few days.
- The symptom of pain is not reduced, and the pain is sharp or shooting in nature.
- Observed deterioration of the General condition and increase in body temperature to 39-40°C.
- Severe pain in the head, ear and throat.
- In the hole in place of an extracted tooth the pus emerges.
One of the most common reasons for complications are the remains of the root in the gums or injected into the wound area a certain infection. If you re a dental examination by a qualified specialist to determine what exactly was the reason for the ongoing inflammatory process, and to identify rational solutions to problems.
Common complications after a visit to the dental office
If you made the removal of wisdom teeth, which has a complex structure, and the process of surgical intervention has passed long and hard, there is a high possibility of unpleasant consequences and complications. Such problems faced by every second patient dental offices, and therefore, if the time to apply for re-consultation of the doctor, all complications can be eliminated.
Among the most common difficulties of the rehabilitation period after tooth extraction include:
- At surgery, a doctor was wounded is located in the jaw nerve endings that provoke a rich swelling of the gums and the development of inflammatory processes, to eliminate that possible through the use of special antibiotics.
- Alveolitis — inflammation in the damaged area of the gums, which can be provoked by infectious contamination of the wound and treated through the use of certain medications.
- The formation of purulent plaque in the hole after tooth extraction, which also testifies to the infection control damaged areas.
- Damage to bone can occur in careless tooth extraction.
- Osteomyelitis is one of the complications, which is characterized by acute inflammation of soft tissues and is a complication after alveolitis.
One of the most important factors that will help to avoid the development of complications and abnormalities, is the professional experience and responsibility of a physician. Therefore, the choice of dental clinic should be taken very responsibly and carefully.
If the dentist correctly and accurately performs all procedures, the risk of complications is minimized. Therefore, fulfilling all the recommendations of a specialist, you will be able to speed up and facilitate the rehabilitation process.