Rinse mouth rinse for toothache
To relieve a sudden toothache that can wipe out all the plans for the evening, to spoil a business trip or attending an important event, you can use mouthwash for the teeth. As such funds are used special antiseptic mixture or decoctions prepared according to popular recipes and medical advice. Information about how to rinse teeth when, for one reason or another you can not immediately go to the dentist, will help to cope with ache and relieve for some time his condition in case of force majeure.
What can cause tooth pain
Pain in the region of the teeth and gums can be caused by different reasons. To identify the factor that led to the emergence of unpleasant sensations, can qualified. Do not delay visit to the doctor — if delayed treatment increases the likelihood of complications and tooth loss.
The most common cause of pain in the tooth are:
- Tooth decay — damage of tooth enamel and a hard tissue (dentin). At the same time in the ruined cavity of the tooth when eating, penetrate food particles, the most painful cause sour, sweet and spicy foods.
- Especially pain accompanies pulpitis — inflammation of the tooth located within the neuro-vascular bundle (pulp). If untreated there is a risk of its transition into periodontitis, in which the swelling cheek and temperature can increase.
- Violation of the integrity of the tooth enamel leading to increased sensitivity to hot (cold) food or drinks.
How rinse lighten or eliminate tooth pain
Rinse for toothache is quite effective, what kind of funds as the mouthwash is not used — professional, manufactured by pharmacological companies, or the people, usually are always available in any home. The result brings immediate relief but it is short and, without proper dental treatment cannot guarantee the complete elimination of the causes of the disease.
Based on what healing and pain-relieving effect of the procedure rinse your teeth:
- Of cavities washed out by irritating the nerve receptors in food particles, with their elimination of subsides and the pain. So it doesn’t happen again after the next meal, preferably before a visit to the dentist to close the hole with a piece of cotton wool.
- With pulpitis the pain more pronounced, and her reason is much more serious, as the inflammatory process involves the underlying tissue. Therefore, a gargle for toothache in this case produces a weak analgesic effect, but its positive effect is to improve blood supply to inflamed area, and removing formed during cell death toxic substances and pus.
- Washing away food residue from gum pockets, causing inflammation of the gums, the pain of which is often similar to tooth. Purification of these cavities prevents damage to the tooth enamel and the affected teeth inflammatory process.
At any nearby pharmacy you will be offered drugs-antiseptics that inhibit the activity of microorganisms, with the participation of which there is a toothache — 0,05% p-p of chlorhexidine or 0.02% R-R miramistina. These solutions do not require dilution when used. Rinse your mouth 2 or 3 times a day, after brushing your teeth. For obtaining the desired effect rinsing should last at least 1 minute. During this period of time, the tool creates on the mucosa of the oral cavity, the protective film continuously protecting teeth and gums from bacteria.
As a rule, acute toothache is celebrated with pulpitis. Temporarily reduce the severity of inflammation and to stop its spread deep into the tooth root and the surrounding tissue will allow anti-inflammatory drugs-Stomatofit and Tantum Verde. The first drug is a concentrated alcohol infusion, which includes extracts of the seven species of medicinal plants. Rinse Stomatofit diluted with warm water (100 ml / 20 ml).
The composition of Tantum Verde is benzydamine hydrochloride. Used in diluted condition, the ratio of drug with water — 1:1. To remove a toothache with the help of novocaine. Preparing a mixture of 200 ml of 1% novocaine, a teaspoon of salt and crude protein of chicken eggs. The solution should rinse your mouth for 10 minutes. Rinsing solutions more preferable compared to taking painkillers in tablets, as they act on the affected tissue locally, without increasing the burden on the liver and other systems of the body. Simultaneously with the use of drugs and folk remedies are recommended more often to brush teeth.
Popular professional brands
Dentists recommend to use mouthwashes teeth, proved a powerful antiseptics that destroy pathogenic microorganisms and prevents the development of caries. They help maintain the health of the gums, to release pain, give fresh breath. Such drugs include:
Folk remedies for eliminating tooth pain
In cases when for any reasons it is impossible to buy pharmacy money and you don’t know what to rinse the teeth with the pain, use those ingredients that are at home. There are many proven popular recipes explaining how to prepare dental rinses with the use of baking soda, herbs, propolis, alcoholic beverages.
Mouthwash containing alcohol
All the known antiseptic properties of alcohol. If you are thinking than to rinse the tooth with pain, prepare a mouthwash alcohol-based. It can be red wine, brandy or vodka. We offer a variety of means from a toothache, an integral component of which is ethanol:
- Pour into a saucepan 200 ml of wine, add a Cup of the mixture of rosemary and sage (herbs are used in dried state). Boil for 3 minutes, strain and mix the decoction with a teaspoon of honey. Received means you need to rinse the aching tooth 3 times a day after meals.
- Mix the wine with 2 tablespoons of sage and the same amount of vervain, and cook for 10 minutes. After cooling strain and use several times a day.
- Add to 100 ml of vodka equal amounts of tincture of calendula (you can substitute aloe juice or infusion of other therapeutic herbs, such as chamomile or plantain). Rinse your mouth when a sore tooth throughout the day after meals.
- Mix 100 ml of brandy (vodka) with two chopped cloves of garlic. Dial a certain amount of money in the mouth so that the mixture surrounds the aching tooth. Keep as you can, then spit out.
Rinse the mouth for toothache can means on the basis of this bee product containing vegetable resin and other nutrients. To prepare the solution of 250 ml of warm water should take a few drops of tincture of propolis.
Agent based on iodine or potassium permanganate
These two chemicals have very powerful antibacterial properties. Their solutions should not be concentrated — 100 ml is sufficient for 2-3 drops of iodine. The potassium permanganate solution is prepared is very weak — its color should be pale pink.
A solution of baking soda and salt
To be dissolved in a glass of warm water 0.5 tsp. of baking soda and salt. You can only use soda or salt, doubling the specified amount of the selected component. This method is very effective not only on pain but also to reduce inflammation of the gums. It has no side effects and is widely used in the treatment of various diseases.
What rules should be followed when rinsing your teeth
Mouthwash should not be too hot. It is desirable that the temperature did not exceed 45°C and was not colder 37°C. For more effective rinse should increase their frequency. Enough to hold one or two 15-minute treatments over 2 hours.
Recipes using vegetable ingredients
Many plants have medicinal properties. Prepared on the basis of their rinses well eliminate tooth pain and gingivitis. Consider to rinse your mouth than if you have charges of medicinal herbs.
|A decoction of oak bark, celandine and sage:||As an astringent oak bark eliminates bleeding gums, along with two other components, it prevents the development of bacteria and removes pain. In 500 ml of water, add a tablespoon of celandine, oak bark and sage. Boil 7 minutes on weak fire, strain. When they start to hurt a tooth, rinse your mouth 5 times a day. Also can be applied to the affected area soaked in a decoction of cotton.|
|Herbal balm:||The balm is prepared for the future and is a alcohol tincture mixture of herbs — chamomile, sage, plantain, celandine, Hypericum, calendula. Chopped herbs in equal proportions (2 tablespoons) fit in a quart jar and pour 500 ml of vodka. The mixture insist in a dark place for 20 days, then filtered. When you apply diluted with warm water in the ratio 1:1.|
|Infusion onion peel:||Well washed peel from 2 large or 4 small onions, pour a glass of hot water. Leave on for 15 minutes for infusion, tightly covered with a lid. Then strain and rinse your mouth several times a day for 12 minutes.|
|Infusion of marigold:||Steamed the same way as in the previous recipe, teaspoon of calendula flowers. The duration of rinsing — 3 to 5 minutes. If desired, can be dissolved in the infusion of a teaspoon of honey. Instead of calendula you can use plantain leaves, flowers pharmacy chamomile or other medicinal plants.|
|Infusion of willow bark:||Put in a thermos tablespoon removed from willow bark and pour 200 ml of boiling water. Insist 8 hours. Use to rinse several times a day.|
|A decoction of aspen chips:||In a saucepan add a tablespoon of dry chips, add a Cup of boiling water, cook for about 20 minutes. Set aside to infuse for 30 minutes, after cooling strain.|
|A decoction of turnips:||Two tablespoons of grated turnip pour a glass of boiling water, boil for 20 minutes.|
It is not possible to rinse your mouth
There are remedies that have antibacterial properties, but can be hazardous to health. Some of them use it as a mouthwash is strictly forbidden, others can be used only when certain conditions are met.
Such substances include:
- spirits — can only be used diluting with water or decoction of herbs, not to burn the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- a saturated solution of potassium permanganate also can cause chemical burns of the tissues in a weak dilution is not dangerous;
- hydrogen peroxide — not only burns the tissues but also can strengthen the pain due to high chemical activity;
- kerosene or gasoline — will not bring relief for toothache and harmful to the body.