Salty taste in mouth: causes and what is the reason?
Periodically we experience an unusual taste, which has nothing to do with food. Today we look at a salty taste in mouth: causes and what has caused the emergence of this feeling.
The taste of salt can be: a single manifestation; to trouble you constantly. It passes after a few days or annoys you in a few months.
When you feel salt in your mouth and on your lips, you change the priorities of food, you do not want to add salt in food, and it is not always like your surroundings. It is therefore important to understand the source of this feeling and get rid of it.
Causes of salty taste in mouth
Salty taste in mouth is bothering the people of different age and health condition, it arises from the inhabitants of the metropolis and the countryside.
There are several reasons, from which appears the taste of salt on his lips and throughout the mouth:
- dehydration is recommended to drink at least 2 liters of fluid per day in pure form. If the water balance is reduced, it leads to a change in the chemical composition of saliva, which leads to sour, sweet, but mostly savory flavor. From organism mineral substances, and it threatens serious consequences. Dehydration occurs and those taking diuretics, medications with a diuretic effect;
- medication — side effects from them. Appears taste, dryness of the lips or an unpleasant sensation on the tongue. Read the instructions carefully, and when the symptoms are severe, contact the doctor who ordered the treatment;
- diseases of the nervous system — all our senses are governed by the nervous system, which transmits signals to the main body – our brain. If violations occur on any segment of this path, the signal becomes incorrect, and manifests itself in the change in taste;
- brain tumor — when cancer treatment such flavor changes are frequent, radiation therapy and the intake of chemical drugs have powerful effects on the body as a whole;
- poor oral hygiene — poor oral hygiene and teeth brushing leads to the emergence of bacteria that accumulate on the gums, on the teeth, the hard to reach areas and on the tongue, causing a salty taste;
- infectious diseases of the nasopharynx can be observed the specific taste sensations due to the accumulation of mucus in the sinuses;
- tears is also one of the reasons characteristic for emotional people;
- allergies — salt expectoration when coughing possible in patients with allergic bronchial asthma, there are often streaks of blood and lots of mucus.;
- during pregnancy a woman experiences hormonal restructuring, and therefore changes its perceptions are also considered normal;
- after tooth removal — anesthesia and drugs with antiseptic change the chemical composition of elements in the oral cavity.
Than clean taste salt in your mouth? Treatments
To get rid of the obtrusive taste of salt in the case of dehydration is just enough to change the drinking diet to include adequate amounts of clean water. Eliminate or reduce the number of drinks containing alcohol and caffeine, they remove fluid from the body. This leads to dehydration, especially if the temperature is above 25 degrees.
The constant taste of salt in my mouth associated with the ingestion of drugs, can disappear after taking. If not, then you must determine the cause of residual effects, after passing the examination. To treat unpleasant taste in in Oncology, as the medication is needed, but to soften it and it will tell you the doctor.
Try to change hygiene:
- Brush teeth thoroughly 2 times a day, paying attention to language.
- For gums use folk remedies for rinse – decoction of chamomile and calendula, sage, oak bark.
In the presence of infection in the oral cavity or the nasopharynx can accumulate the mucus in the upper part, gradually it drains in the lower portions, causing the sensations of salty taste. Problems of the salivary glands also cause similar sensations.
As preventive measures, use the following:
- adequate oral hygiene;
- visits to the dentist every six months;
- healthy eating;
- emotional stability;
- drinking diet.
Under these rules of bothersome unpleasant taste of salt will rarely bother you.
Video: salty flavor without the salt.
Who cured salty taste in your mouth? Reviews
Salty taste was always disturbed after a visit to the dentist. Rinse 3-4 times a day got rid of dental problems, but was awarded the taste of salt. The next point was gargle in sore throat, and salty sensations resumed. Was disturbed intestinal microflora in the oral cavity. To repair it need to delete mint and menthol in toothpaste, gum and mouthwashes. To give up alcohol, which only exacerbated the problem. After a time, after recovery you can go back to conventional products.
Ekaterina, 27 years
Faced with the problem of salty taste in the mouth, but all the causes didn’t fit. Medicine is not taking, the dentist did not go, did you brush your teeth regularly and thoroughly. How to solve the problem is unclear. While eating, we wanted some garlic in the morning, the taste of salt in my mouth has decreased. During the day, eating garlic with other foods and salt are gone.
► Taste of salt in mouth after Lugol
Part of the preparation of the element iodine, not only has an antiseptic action, but also provokes the appearance of a salty taste in my mouth. In the absence of allergic reactions, if discomfort can be patient, specific treatment is not required. In other cases, it is necessary to stop contact with Lugol and replace it.