Sealing (sealing) fissure in children: what it is, price, reviews
To avoid the most common problems in pediatric dentistry is dental caries, it is desirable to perform the sealing (sealing) fissure in children. That it is, at what price, and feedback from parents we will explain below.
To make a baby properly and effectively clean the teeth, to monitor its hygiene, to reduce the amount of sugar is quite difficult. But to protect baby teeth from decay and other diseases want each parent. Fortunately, modern techniques allow us to do this.
Fissure – what is it?
To understand what will take place in the sealing process, it is necessary to define the term «fissures». From Latin this word is translated as «gap» and it is considered a natural part of the structure of the posterior teeth.
The structure of the molars and premolars that due to the tubercles on the upper plane could easily handle any food, even very hard. Between these hills, at their base, are placed. What they are called fissures.
The peculiarity is that each person has the slits can be of different depths, widths, forms, form all sorts of twisting tunnels and So often that the structure of the tooth leads to tooth decay in these places as accurately process them in the process of hygienic procedures is almost impossible.
In addition, the enamel in these areas also contributes to disease – it is thin and in children is still not fully mineralized. If to add the fact that kids are not very good at brushing my teeth, ignore the basic rules and eat a lot of sweets, then collectively all these features and lead to a huge number of carious cavities in primary teeth.
What could be the consequences?
If the education gap occurs in such a way that they become difficult to clean, they constantly accumulate bits of food. And this, in turn, leads to its decay and the active multiplication of bacteria. As the tooth enamel of a child still too weak, she can’t resist their influence.
Getting inside a tooth, microbes quickly attack the surrounding tissue and lead to tooth decay, destroying the entire unit from the inside. If time does not cure these cavities, the disease spreads to the neighboring teeth. Statistics show that half of school-age children suffers from this problem and often this is due to the deep grooves in the molars.
Advantages of fissure
This procedure acts as a prevention of possible diseases of the teeth. But make the decision for and against its implementation should only be a dentist after a thorough examination of the oral cavity of the child.
There are such indications, when sealing fissures in children really need:
- Their very structure is complex, there are deep and very narrow grooves.
- There is pigmentation in places that will soon lead to the destruction unit.
- At least one tooth has formed a cavity.
- When there is insufficient hygiene.
- Opposing tooth is missing or has tooth decay.
On examination, the doctor determines the complexity of fissures, their depth, accessibility for routine cleaning, susceptibility to disease and tissue destruction, assesses the General condition of the oral cavity. It is very important to take into account the age of the tooth itself. Carry out sealing need in the first months or even years after its occurrence. If the tooth is in the mouth for over four years and remains healthy, it does not make sense to cover it in something.
The advantage of this procedure will be the complete protection of hard tissue from exposure to pathogenic bacteria, there will be no direct contact between weak enamel and food, saliva, and microbes. That is, even with poor care, abundant bacteria and weak structure of the enamel, the tooth becomes fully protected by the sealant.
It is proved that the holding sealing leads to 90% efficiency. Coated with a special compound, the tooth is protected from decay for at least five years, if not longer. In addition, due to the painless procedure and ensure the health of the mouth, the child begins to treat confidentially dentists that will facilitate future timely appeal to the specialist.
Of course, it is not always necessary and can carry out sealing. Features of this technique is that if the surface is already affected by bacteria, even blocking their access to the air, the destruction will continue. Therefore, it is important that the doctor made a qualitative examination of the teeth and assessed their condition.
Already affected by caries units to cover the sealant is impossible. This is also not recommended in the following cases:
- intolerance to the components of the sealing means;
- quite open, wide fissures that can easily be cleaned in the hygienic manipulation;
- adjacent teeth, the surface of which is adjacent to the molar teeth being affected by caries;
- the age of the units over four years, which proves its natural resistance to bacteria.
The choice of the method of sealing
Depending on the structure of the surface of molars and premolars, the doctor will determine a suitable method of sealing. It is of two types:
- Non-invasive – when the surface assumes a more open slit, a simple structure, which is easy to identify the lack of dental caries. This method is suitable for permanent and for dairy units. No surgeries and painful procedures, not carried out. It is sufficient to apply a liquid sealant to cover them.
- Invasive – is supposed to use a drill to expand the complex and narrow fissures. But the tool does not plunge deeper than the thickness of the enamel coating. This would be good to see the state of the hidden fissures in such tight areas, the time to detect decay and treat it if necessary. Only then can you fill up the available surface sealant.
The material for sealing is selected in the form of a liquid composition, which hardens quickly due to light or chemical exposure. Call it cilanto. This tool is enriched with advanced and even good for your teeth ingredients that for years after the procedure, will promote mineralization of the enamel, strengthening it and improving the condition of the teeth.
Transparency material ensures aesthetically pleasing appearance of the smile and does not cause discomfort to the patient. Sometimes doctors use a coloured sealant in order to carefully monitor the condition of the teeth, any change in their structure and further verify the presence of hidden diseases that were not discovered during examination.
The procedure in children
It is believed that the ideal time for sealing of molars and premolars milk teeth is the period when they appeared in the mouth of a child, and it is about 2.5-3 years. Children carried out the procedure for preservation of permanent teeth in 10-11 years. In this case, it is also important to monitor the time of their appearance and to make sealing immediately after that.
All manipulations are carried out in such stages:
- At the first examination necessarily using professional ways to clean the tooth surface from plaque, stone, and other formations.
- The units are dried, to remove the remains of cleaning agents and put on a cotton swab, to avoid getting saliva on the treated area.
- Enamel covered with a special adhesive composition for the formation of roughness on its surface.
- Further washed and dried, and then applied directly to the sealer (sealant). The doctor must carefully distribute it on the desired area.
- Due to the lamp or a special chemical composition (depending on funds) stimulate the hardening of the sealant and check to see how filled fissures.
- Using carbon paper, the doctor detects the presence of superfluous matter and removes it by grinding.
Fissures in adults
This files most often for closing the furrows of the adult patients used invasive technique, involving initial opening of the cracks, their thorough inspection and cleansing. Stages similar to children’s procedure:
- X-ray clarify the structure and condition of fissures.
- Circular brushes and special toothpastes clean the surface of teeth. Sometimes using ultrasound or sandblaster. The rest of rinse.
- Next you need to rinse well and dry fissures. This is done by etching with a gel which contains a concentration of phosphoric acid.
- Open and cleared the gap is filled with sealant evenly over the surface. Excess doctor must remove.
- Produce impact polymeric lamp for curing of the composition, grind and Polish the enamel.
Video: fissure sealing is the best preventive of dental caries.
The price of the service
Sealing is needed to protect the tooth from diseases. After all, to treat caries, seal unit – every time it is discomfort and quite a large waste of money. This procedure will be cost-efficient choice, as it is much cheaper than cure.
The average cost of sealing – 600-900 rubles per unit. The specific amount will depend on the status and prestige of the clinic, the selected method and the complexity of the location of the fissure.
I did this procedure to their children and are very happy. Now do not worry, when the kids go to brush their teeth, because I know that regardless of the quality of surface processing, they will remain healthy.
The doctor advised me to do the sealing, even though I am almost 20 years old. He said that while the teeth healthy we need to protect them, then to not to fill every.
I learned about this way to prevent milk teeth from dental caries and decided that my daughter in three years, this procedure is just. But it is very important to teach the child is still careful to treat them properly to brush our teeth and not to get involved sweet.