Shots of periodontal disease: treatment with injections in the gums
Shots of periodontal disease is used as effective methods of treatment of diseases of periodontal tissues. Periodontal disease — a degenerative nature the disease of periodontal tissues, characterized by progressive uniform destruction of the jaw bone, recession of the gums. At untimely treatment, the disease can cause the loss of not only tooth, but also a large part of the bone, which will significantly complicate the orthopedic recovery phase. The difficulty will be in setting the implant. So an injection in the gum tissue are the local method of treatment of the disease. Let’s consider the relevance of this topic.
The causes of periodontal diseases
The disease takes the form of degeneration (impaired metabolism), against the defect of blood supply to the gum tissue. Gradually, this dissonance leads to atrophy. The cause of periodontal disease can be General and local.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system: vascular sclerosis with the formation of atherosclerotic plaques and blood pressure on the background of this lead to the development of malnutrition in periodontal tissues. The shortage of supply in the erythrocytes (red blood cells) oxygen leads to atrophic processes in the gingival tissues.
- Endocrine pathology: diabetes mellitus contributes to the occurrence of the violation in the small blood vessels of the circulatory system, thereby causing infringement of movement of blood. This leads to delayed nutrient delivery with blood flow to the area of periodontal;
- Digestive system ailments;
- Defects of bones (osteopenia);
- Pathology of the nervous system;
- Decrease the immune abilities of the body;
- Genetic predisposition;
- Chronic inflammation of various organs and systems;
- Bad habits: Smoking, alcohol;
- Violation of diet: deficiency of vitamins and minerals.
- Injury of periodontal tissue (acute or chronic): injury, fracture, the sharp edge of the tooth, eating hard food, orthopedic and orthodontic constructions improperly installed;
- Occlusion: there is uneven distribution of chewing pressure through the teeth to the jawbone;
- Partial absence of teeth: leads to overload of remaining;
- Infectious processes of the oral cavity;
Predispose to the occurrence of periodontal disease can bruxism, abrasion of enamel, erosive defects, cysts.
The patient’s symptoms
The symptoms of periodontal disease for a long time may not be indicated. The development of the disease is slow. The patient may not identify changes in the oral mucosa. Primary identification can occur on reception at the dentist, with complaints of loose teeth or other changes in the oral cavity. The patient may mention the exposure of the necks of teeth, enamel sensitivity. Bleeding from the gums is not marked. Purulent exudate and periodontal pockets are usually absent. The tooth is stable, gingival deposits in a minimum amount. Perhaps the presence of wedge-shaped defects.
When periodontal disease is in almost all cases indicated by the symptoms itching in the gums. Mobility occurs when periodontal disease is severe, when there is exposure of the root to ½ and more. For a disease characterized by long duration, however, when the number of factors the disease can quickly progress. And slow atrophic transformation of the gums begins a rapid development of inflammation with the formation of periodontal pockets and the appearance of purulent discharge.
Is performed according to the anamnesis, clinic, extension of the survey. Ask the patient the following data from the real world: periodontal disease in relatives; pathology of the organs of the mouth at the moment, somatic pathology. It is important to note the complaint in the present moment.
Clinical examination helps to detect the exposure and atrophy of the gums. Pale gums, recession there is different degrees of severity. It is noted the sensitivity of the teeth, presence of enamel defects. Perhaps the appearance of periodontal pockets, at a palpation which there is purulent discharge.
Incremental methods: radiography, reproduktory, laser Doppler fluorometry, ultrasonic high-frequency dopplerography, chooseopera, polarography, the General analysis of blood. Radiography as a primary method of diagnosing the state of bone tissue: perform intraoral and the panoramic overview. Note: uniform decrease of the height mezhalveolyarnyh faces, the narrowing of the gaps between the teeth and the edges of the holes, the phenomenon of plaque and calculus in the region of the necks of the teeth. Reproduktory — method of examination of blood flow in the vessels of the periodontium. Calculate the changes that lead to degenerative transformations in the regional tissues. Laser Doppler fluorometry: examination of periodontal tissues subject to laser. Ultrasonic high-frequency Doppler ultrasound: ultrasound study of blood flow in periodontal tissues, chooseopera: ultrasonic study, based on the definition of the compactness of the alveoli. Polarography — a survey of heterogeneous substances with periodontitis decay is calculated molarity of oxygen in the tissues. General blood test: physical examination, with periodontal disease is determined by the increase of the erythrocyte sedimentation rate.
Medical intervention with periodontal disease is performed by setting the injection in the gum. Drugs must exert anti-inflammatory, resolving and anti-bacterial effect. Treatment should be comprehensive, according to individual development of the doctor, given the immunity of the body. Treatment is aimed at restoring the mucosal epithelium of the oral cavity in the area of periodontal. In the treatment of periodontitis is possible to use various materials.
To generate local immunity against toxins, it is possible to make the injection of antitoxic serum. Injections in the gums with progressive periodontal disease is performed in the mucosa of region of greatest change. The drug is chosen in a certain dosage in correlation to age and weight. The present composition of specific antibodies that can destroy the main pathogenic microorganisms causing the occurrence of periodontal disease and sustaining it for.
Injection allows in the shortest terms to reduce inflammation and thereby eliminate periodontal disease. For speedy recovery of the oral hygiene must be maintained at an optimum level.
After the manipulation the patient may experience adverse reactions in the form of:
- Prolonged increase in temperature;
- Anaphylactic shock.
In the event the celebration the patient has the previously listed complications, it is necessary to warn the doctor. And also recommended for allergen skin test.
The shots you make with the disease and with the use of FBS. FBs is a biogenic stimulator of the immune system. Its action is due to the connection with specific receptors directly triggers a chain of cascading reactions of the organism, accelerating metabolism, and thus participate in its regulation. To complete the course of injections necessary to perform a total of at least 30 productions of the injection in the upper and lower jaw. The drug is not used in cardiac and intestinal abnormalities.
This treatment is recommended after the establishment of a doctor diagnosis of periodontal disease. Simultaneously with the production of perform the injection of drugs nonspecific effects: Metall, Pentoxy, Biosed. Restore epithelial cover is much faster after applying the injection Biocide, applied to the mucous or performing the introduction by means of electric current. The drug is contraindicated in prostate cancer and lowering the acidity of the stomach. As a biogenic stimulator can be used aloe.
Interference with the use of drugs
In the presence of marked edema and hypertrophy of the gums gum disease treatment performed sklerosiruuschem injections. Before performing performances conducted professional hygiene of the oral cavity. To deepen the gums put chromium alum, quinine urethane. Upon completion of course of treatment is the strengthening of the mucosa and the reconstruction of new tissue.
If the patient has a marked purulent discharge from the pockets or hyperplasia, it is necessary to produce deep hardening of the tissues. In the papillae of the gums put 50_60% glucose solution. Contraindicated in the presence of a slight inflammation of the gums (gingivitis). The course requires 8 injections at intervals of perform in 2_3 days.
Pharmacological agents anti-inflammatory action
Infection of the oral cavity is often the founder of degenerative and inflammatory changes in periodontal tissues. In the presence of a purulent discharge from the periodontal cavities doctor should take a swab for analysis to detect sensitivity of flora to a particular antibiotic.
Before use, you must also complete the hygienic treatment of the oral cavity. Then execute the statement. Basically put the Lincomycin. Be production needs in the pathology of periodontal tissues in moderate-to-severe. He quickly blocks the inflammatory manifestations of the gums, eliminates the pain, inhibit the bleeding of gingival recessions. Adverse reactions: the drug is toxic, is capable of rapidly releasing large amount of toxins and cytokines. The formation of large areas of necrosis, there is a violation of periodontal attachment, causing the appearance of mobility.
Treatment for mild periodontal disease by production of an antibacterial drug may cause negative effects. There is severe pain at the point of injection, allergic reactions to the drug. The local injection will be observed a high concentration.
General drug therapy
Against the background of the local intervention it is important to monitor the General condition of the body. Inflammatory changes in the periodontium, the formation of pus it is important to decide: broad-spectrum antibiotics (Tsiprolet), antihistamines (Diazolin, Fenistil, Suprastin), in case of severe pain following this intervention allowed taking pain medications (Nise, Ketorol), with the acknowledgement by the patient of high temperature, we recommend taking antipyretics (Nurofen).
Complications of local medical intervention
What may appear complications of setting injection when disease of periodontal tissues?
- At the stage of introduction of the drug may cause painful long-lasting. It may also be due to soft tissue injury. To accelerate healing of the gums is necessary to apply Solkoseril dentalhygiene a paste and apply to the doctor to prevent possible complications.
- One of the complications of interference may be the formation of an abscess. This is possible with the inclusion of microbial flora on the stages of the professional hygiene of the oral cavity and the formulation is injected.
- It is necessary to consider in the medical treatment of periodontal disease other oral diseases. In the presence of periodontal changes, for example, periodontitis is important to make initially a cure. You can then proceed to injection. In the case of reverse therapy may re-aggravation or deterioration of the General condition of the body.
- Incorrect setting of injection may be complicated by the appearance of neuralgia. Often in the oral cavity marked the defeat of the facial and trigeminal nerves. Visually, this manifests itself by smoothing the muscles, drooping of the corner of his mouth from the injections, facial asymmetry, pain and stiffness of the cheeks. If the point of injection will occur ingress of microbial flora, we will begin the inflammatory process, which is manifested by rise of temperature and appearance of painful and rigid seal.