Sick nerve in tooth, what to do, how to calm
If you have a nerve in the tooth, what to do and how to temporarily remove a symptom, can tell folk medicine. But you first need to understand what a tooth is, why it can hurt and where is the nerve.
The pain often occurs when the nerves become bare. It can appear suddenly and catch the man off guard, because it is not always possible to visit the dentist. Nerve is located in the lower part of the tooth, he consists of 2 parts: the inner is tissue, the outer — part of the tooth located under the enamel.
The tooth consists of several layers. Among them:
- enamel is the top layer;
- the pulp, which contains blood vessels and nerve endings.
And the tooth, which has one root and one nerve, and in TRICORONA — 3. The main function of these entities is the delivery of nutrients. In addition, it is also sensors that respond to the destruction of tooth tissues.
The etiology of the phenomenon
If you have a nerve, it means that the integrity of the tooth is broken. Unfortunately, dental tissue does not regenerate, so expect that everything goes by itself, does not make sense
When tooth decay starts on the surface appears bright spot — the demineralization of enamel. This process is called caries bacteria. If one carefully monitors the health of your mouth, the rate of remineralisation and dental caries will recede. But these patients are few. Most people start to think about the health of their teeth when the process is already irreversible.
There are those that even after the decay destroys the enamel and reach the border with dentine not in a hurry to the dentist. Although in this period the tooth is responsive to cold, hot and sweet. They tolerate temporary pain and try not to think about the fact that the time has come to treat.
As the caries progresses further, it gets to the pulp and affects it. The bacteria damage the pulp, causing its tissues die, the nerve is inflamed, increased in size, and it becomes closely intended for his or her camera. Its walls put pressure on the sensitive end, and they start to hurt. Now you can’t just heal — it is necessary to remove the pulp, clean and seal the canals and then sealed up.
The inflammatory process
If the cavity got pathogenic microorganisms or he just cracked, the nerve is inflamed. If not, quickly take the right action, then after a few hours, a negative process will make itself felt pain.
But the inflammation of the dental nerve may occur not only at fault bacteria. If root canal treatment was carried out incorrectly and grossly, the nerve can become inflamed. Sometimes the way he reacts to toxic filling material. For example, if the person is abusing hot drinks and food, from overheating of the tooth nerve starts the inflammation or pulpitis.
Symptoms of an inflamed nerve
The initial stage of pulpitis accompanied by a not very intense aching pain, but if no action is taken, it will day by day increase. After some time, the ripple adds a diseased tooth. If the process is complicated by purulent inflammation, then the feeling will be so strong that people can’t even close my jaw, because the slightest touch causes unbearable pain.
If the focal or diffuse pulpitis, the pain can radiate via the trigeminal nerve. More often during the day she has the periodicity of the intensity, and in the evening and night time increases and does not stop. A damaged tooth responds to cold and hot, but even if the patient will drink and eat only warm, the pain does not become less. At first, the painkillers for some time to relieve unpleasant symptoms, but then they stop and calm down.
Treatment of the inflamed nerve
When pain in the nerve of the tooth, what to do, knows not everyone. It is clear that it is better to avoid a situation when the question arises, how to soothe tooth nerve. If you regularly visit the dentist for prophylactic purposes, that he long before the emergence of the inflammatory process will do anything to avoid this. But if the pulpitis is still can’t be prevented, we urgently need to seek help from a doctor. If the pain you caught in the night time, that is, clinics that operate 24 hours.
The dentist will likely be forced to remove the pulp, but in some cases the nerve can be saved, for example in the early stage of the disease, if the tooth is damaged, but breaks no pulp, if there is cleavage or not abnormalities in the root.
If the pulp cannot be saved, then it is removed. Most often this is done intalnim way. The doctor performs local anesthesia, reveals polyarnoy camera and special needles removes the nerve, then the channels are sealed, and then be filled with material and the tooth.
How to relieve pain at home
How to soothe tooth nerve at home? If a person still has no opportunity to go to the dentist, temporarily soothe pain able analgesics. To relieve toothache a weak intensity of Analgin, Paracetamol, Baralgin. But at severe pain to accept them does not make sense. To soothe significant of sensations the necessary drugs such as Ketanov, Chlorop, Ibufen, Nurofen, etc.
There are folk remedies that can bring relief:
- Infusions of medicinal herbs. Sage, mint, oak bark, lemon balm, thyme, chamomile. Mix all the ingredients in equal amounts and take 3 tablespoons of the resulting collection. Pour 500 ml of boiling water and leave the facility half an hour. Then rinse the sore spot several times a day.
- If hurt tooth nerve, it can help peel onions. Take 0.5 liters of boiling water and place 3 tablespoons of the husk, boil for 10 minutes and leave overnight. In the morning you can rinse several times a day. Similarly, prepare a decoction of lilac flowers.
- It will calm the pain juice from Wheatgrass. They soak cotton wool and apply to bolshemu place. If there is no wheat germ, you can substitute the clove oil.
- If you are sure that will not soon be able to get to the dentist, prepare a tincture of comfrey. Brewed it 10 days, but the pain from the nerves takes excellent. You will need 10 grams of comfrey root and 50 g of ethanol 70%. Keep tool should be in a cool place for 10 days, stirring occasionally. Then, they impregnate cotton wool and apply on the aching tooth. While the agent is preparing to relieve the pain you can other substances.
- 1 tsp. salt to 1 Cup of warm boiled water. To rinse your mouth you need the more the better.
- Hydrogen peroxide 3% diluted in water at the rate of 2:1. Means is impregnated with a cotton wool and apply to the sore spot.
- How to quickly relieve pain, if no funds help? Moisten a cotton swab with alcohol and apply to the aching tooth for 10-15 minutes.
How to kill a nerve independently
There are people who are so afraid of dentists that are willing to endure pain and use rather dubious methods of killing the nerve. They should know that even if the nerve dies, to go to the doctor for cleaning and sealing still have. You must remember that if you want to kill the nerve, then you risk losing the tooth!
However, some people do not stop it, and they use acetic acid, alcohol, gunpowder. These funds are taken in small quantities, are placed on a piece of cotton and applied as close as possible to the inflamed pulp. Tooth pain increases sharply and then gradually subsides. You want to remember that deciding to use this method, the person shall within 10 days contact your dentist, or may start infection.
Such actions are not recommended to do, it may be the pulp will manage to keep alive.
In some cases, a toothache after pulpit treated
Sometimes after treatment of pulpitis, the patient again a sore tooth. It could be for the following reasons:
- When the tooth was treated by a drill, there was a tiny crack in the cavity, which creates increased sensitivity in the area where the seal comes into contact with the tooth. What can I do? To use a remineralizing solution, which will fill all the cracks and the pain will pass.
- Is the adaptation of teeth to the foreign filling material. After a few days the pain should cease.
- Unskilled work of the dentist during the removal of caries were affected by the pulp. Most often the pain occurs as soon as the anesthesia wears off. You must re-apply to the doctor.
- A toothache under a filling material, which is supposed to remedy. This is normal — the drug affects the nerve endings, the pain will pass soon.
- If the seal is put in wrong or it is leaking closes the opening, into the cavity of the teeth can get infected. You should contact your doctor.
- Pain syndrome appears a long time after treatment due to the fact that the seal has worn out, become fragile and depressurized. You need to replace it.
If after treatment of pulpitis a pain, you have to do x-rays and find out what is the status of the root canalize. Then it will be possible to adjust treatment.