Sick of cheekbones on the face: causes, types of pain, treatment
In rare cases, patients complain that they have sore cheeks on the face. The reasons for this phenomenon, the types of pain and proper treatment will tell in this article. It should be understood that any of the symptoms in this region should be treated very carefully, as there is the brain and the effect of diseases may affect his health.
Such symptomatology, in which the left or right side of my face hurts, jaw is considered to be quite rare, but it is always indicative of pathology. To determine what exactly your problem is painful, you need to conduct a thorough diagnosis, as the reasons can be a lot and for the correct diagnosis will require consultation with several specialists.
Why hurt the cheekbones on the face?
To understand what it is and why you receive, you should contact a specialist. When you visit a doctor and complains about a problem, he will pay special attention to the following indicators:
- The location of the pain is constant or changes periodically, ear, nose, eye, temple, etc. largely depend on the following diagnostic and procedures that will help to establish the cause of the disease.
- The intensity of the sensations, their nature is paroxysmal, throbbing, aching, constant, severe burning pain or not.
- Additional symptoms that manifest in the form of a runny nose, temperature, migraines, etc. they will help to quickly make a correct diagnosis, as more to say about the place of inflammation and other features.
The doctors share why hurt the cheekbones, into the following groups:
- Inflammation of the jaw joint, the defeat of which is manifested by pain near the ear. There are aching sensations rustling when opening the mouth or while chewing. The symptoms they look like otitis media, these disease often accompany each other. The pain varies in intensity from mild and dull to sharp.
- Various dental problems such as caries, gingivitis, periodontitis, pulpitis, osteomyelitis, etc. Usually manifest themselves severe pulsating pain that increases with chewing solid food or pressure. If the patient has osteomyelitis, it is also accompanied by swelling of the face, fever and very intense pain.
- Such neurological diseases as lesions of the ear or laryngeal ganglion, the facial nerve cause a fairly noticeable pain when pressing, clicking or noises in the ears, and increase salivation. Sometimes even the jaw numb.
- A very common cause is a migraine.
- Disease of the facial artery – then the pain spreads not only on the cheekbones, but also farther downstream of its location – closer to the eyes, near the nose and the upper lip. This is a very dangerous disease because without treatment, leads to brain hemorrhage.
- Various pathologies of oral cavity and throat include sinusitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, disease of the parotid salivary glands or lymph nodes.
- Dislocations and injuries of the maxillary joint, which may occur from mechanical injuries of the jaw or yawning too much. One can observe the shift of the chin, a violation of an oval face and problems with diction. The pain in this case, nagging, is not very strong and the patient knows at what point the problems started.
- Arthritis that affects the joint of the upper jaw. Especially if it is left without treatment, will lead to different serious pathologies and irreversible consequences.
- Neoplasms, benign and malignant – osteoid osteoma, osteoblastoclastoma, sarcoma. Each of them is a special, pain can be intense at once or gradually growing, and even symptoms is no longer period.
Also the causes can be attributed to any intervention after installation of the prosthesis, impaired growth of the wisdom tooth and its treatment, after tooth removal, various surgical operations, etc. Even the common cold can appear with pain on the cheeks.
It is very important to consult a doctor if any such symptoms, so he had to make the correct diagnosis and to appoint correct treatment. Almost none of these diseases cannot be ignored, as their effects will be serious and will affect the state of the brain.
To specialist can make an accurate diagnosis, you need to inspect and listen to all the complaints of the patient. Also prescribed the following procedure:
- blood test;
- rheumatology test;
- radiography of the sinuses;
- computed tomography or MRI;
- smears from the nose and ear.
It is possible that you will need to visit a number of doctors, trauma surgeon, ophthalmologist, Laura, surgeon, neurologist and dentist. Everything will depend on the symptoms, the visible symptoms of the disease and the results of the first tests.
So, increased numbers of leukocytes and high levels of ESR indicate inflammation – sinusitis, tonsillitis, frontal sinusitis, etc. etmoidit rheumatology test confirm the existence of different localization arthritis or other inflammation of the joints. X-rays will show if there is sinusitis or various mechanical injuries.
It is very important to pay attention to the symptoms, which is localized in the eye area. Such pain may indicate tumors, aneurysms, multiple sclerosis, thrombosis and other dangerous diseases.
Before you have time to visit a doctor, you can give first aid:
- take whatever analgesic is available, for example, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug;
- ensure complete rest of the jaw – don’t bite solid food, don’t talk, don’t open your mouth wide;
- food only choose soft, pureed meals or even liquid;
- it is desirable to sleep at this time on the other side, which remains healthy if the pain is localized only on one part of the face;
- if you have problems with your teeth, you can rinse them with a solution of baking soda, salt or herbal infusions for the relief of sensations, inflammation and disinfection of the surface.
- in the case of mild dislocation, you can try to carefully do gymnastics the person to do self-massage and, thus, to put the jaw in place;
- if you are concerned about the migraine, that is good will affect her special medication – Soligran, ANTIMIGRAINE and others.
Still to conduct long-term self-treatment in case of onset of pain in the cheekbones should not be. As soon as possible to see a doctor for diagnosis and to start therapy to address the core causes of the disease. What will have to do entirely will depend on what the doctors will determine the lab tests and x-rays and what disease will be an important factor in the origin of unpleasant symptoms.
For starters, you can ask the therapist, which in the presence of certain signs and results of analyses will be able to direct you to the right specialist. Doctors will prescribe these options for therapeutic manipulation:
- Will prescribe a course of antibiotics and NSAIDs (Nurofen, Dikloberl, Xefocam, Movalis etc.), if the main cause of inflammatory processes of any nature.
- In cases of osteoarthritis prescribe a specific chondro – hondrolon, teraflex, symptoms, Artra, Structum, etc.
- Very well when such symptoms manifest themselves different physiotherapy treatments – massage, or point total, acupuncture, warming, reflexology, etc.
- For injuries and sprains trauma reduce joints in place, fix them and may appoint additional at-home treatment.
- When doctors detect a tumor, then the action will depend on many factors. At the same time can make the radiation or chemotherapy, and occasionally surgery.
Make their own decision about treatment choices is impossible. It must make a doctor only after a complete examination and an accurate diagnosis. It is not eliminate the main cause, the pain will not go away.
Video: pain in the jaw joint.
It is important to understand that if you ignore any inflammation in the face or jaw, it will lead to their dissemination in the surrounding tissue, the disease can affect the eyes, ears, teeth, mucosa, lymph nodes and even the brain.
As a preventive measure to avoid such problems, it is desirable to avoid any traumatic situations, to treat diseases of ENT-organs and to prevent possible pathological processes.