Signs of teething in infants 4 months: symptoms
Many parents remember with horror the time when the child was cutting teeth. This process can happen really at any time, but most of the teeth erupt, the baby at 6 months. Can be signs of teething in infants 4 months or is it just impossible? Actually, very rarely, but this happens when the teeth at that age, moving towards the exit and not always cut through the gums.
When should appear the teeth
In fact, there is no exact date when the child should be teeth. In some cases, the signs of such a process observed in 2 months, and someone’s first teeth appear at 4 months. In individual children the process of the emergence of the tooth takes a long time, and the other is quick and easy. Experts say that the first cutters of the kids must appear up to a year.
Medical practice shows that the sequence and age of eruption determined by hereditary factors, environmental conditions, nutrition nursing mom or baby. There are following reasons that can cause late teething baby:
- reducing the protective functions of the child’s body;
- various endocrine diseases;
- unbalanced and inadequate nutrition;
- late introduction of complementary foods;
- premature birth;
- the absence of germs of deciduous teeth.
The appearance of teeth in a child closer to a year or, conversely, too early in the eruption is not considered to be any pathology. For this reason, the identification of the child 4 months of the first teeth is quite normal. Scenario teeth laid the child during its intrauterine development. This means that even at the time of formation of the jaw in the embryo is determined at what age will they begin to erupt teeth and the sequence in which they will grow.
Early appearance of teeth in infants up to 3 months, many experts explain the reception the mother of vitamins and minerals during pregnancy. In that case, if the first incisors appeared at the crumbs up to 3 months, it is recommended to take him to a specialist. The fact that such early teething can be one of the signs of various endocrine diseases.
The symptoms of teething
Teeth infants can appear in a completely different time. The optimum period for this process is considered the age from 3 months to a year. However, experts say that most babies first teeth begin to appear closer to 6 months. In rare cases, babies teeth begin to erupt at 1-2 month after birth, and some are born with them immediately.
The main sign pointing to the growth of the teeth, is the redness of the gums and swelling. Slowly germinating through the bone and mucosa, teeth and cause severe swelling of the skin. After some time on this swollen the gums can be seen the contours of a future cutter.
Another characteristic sign of the imminent appearance of the baby teeth is increased salivation. In fact, such a symptom in the form of constant saliva occurs long before the moment when the baby will appear the first upper incisors.
During the active teething baby tries to get in your mouth for the reason that to bother him itchy gums. Thus, the child tries to scratch their gums and get rid of the unpleasant itching.
A symptom of the transition growth of the tooth in the active phase may reduce appetite, that is, the child begins to eat reluctant or even refuses to eat.
The fact that it causes itching receiving certain foods cause baby discomfort and it starts to act up. All this leads to that the organism grudnichka begins to slacken and this may lead to the development of various diseases.
Parents should remember that in case of refusal of the child from food, it is necessary to examine his mouth. The typical symptoms of candidiasis and stomatitis is considered to be formed on the mucosa of the spots are white or pink. These sores cause the child severe pain, and that is the reason for his refusal of food.
Another common symptom of teething baby 4 months is its constant whims. In fact, a small child experiences excruciating pain that accompanies the process of eruption and growth of teeth. It is not surprising that baby is constantly fussy, crying and refusing to sleep.
Danger signs of illness
In that moment, when the baby teeth erupt, greatly reduced his immune system. This means that weakens the child’s body and subjected to the penetration of various viruses and bacteria. Taking into account such factors parents need to know the first signs of the disease, in order to show the child specialist.
In order to identify the baby teeth erupt, or he became ill with cold-related diseases, it is necessary to know the characteristic features for both situations:
- The process of the emergence of the baby incisors can be accompanied by cough. The fact that the oral cavity is allocated an increased amount of saliva that drips down the throat and triggers a cough reflex. The child begins to disturb the rare wet cough, which is especially enhanced in the supine position. In that case, if the cough becomes too Intrusive and often bothers the baby, then you can suspect getting into a child’s body any infection.
- For colds, the cough of a little child more than 2 days and may cause breathing problems, and even shortness of breath. Parents should know that these symptoms may signal the development of inflammatory process in children’s respiratory tract.
- Often teething is accompanied by the appearance of mucous secretions from the nasal passages. A healthy child they are usually transparent, liquid and disappear after three days. In that case, if the body of the crumbs fall any infection, it starts to stand out too a large amount of mucus that turns a yellow-green color. Suspected communicable disease the child’s parents should when a cold persists for more than 4 days.
- A normal reaction during the eruption of the baby teeth is the increase in body temperature to 38 degrees. Usually it persists for more than two days and it is possible to reduce by using antipyretics. In that case, if the temperature rises during the eruption of baby teething, it is not observed profuse runny nose, cough and sneezing. The characteristic symptoms of catarrhal diseases is the preservation temperature over 38 degrees for more than 2 days and in this case, it should show the child the doctor.
- When allocating increased amounts of mucus some part of it gets inside the child’s body. The result is increased peristalsis of the intestines and the appearance of diarrhea. Usually the act of defecation in infants occurs infrequently 2-3 times a day and after a few days the diarrhea disappears. The appearance of too-frequent diarrhea may indicate a hit in a child’s body any infection. This condition is quite dangerous for the body crumbs, because it can cause dehydration. Parents should closely monitor the appearance of mucus and blood in stools, as this may indicate an intestinal infection or pathologies of the digestive tract.
In some cases, the infant the reverse violation of constipation. It is important to ensure that he never lasted more than 3-4 days. It is recommended to consult a specialist and decide how you can help children in this situation.
How to help the child
In order to alleviate the condition of the child when teething is recommended to purchase a special teethers. They usually come in the form of rubber toys with a rough surface, through which the baby can scratch their itchy gums. Inside many of these teethers is water, so you can put it on some time in the freezer, and then to offer the child. The fact that the cold helps to soothe babies gums and thus relieve pain.
To reduce the body temperature of the newborn when teething is allowed to apply different antipyretics. You can try different gels to relieve the pain syndrome, which entails a temperature reduction. Parents should know that the rise in body temperature can signal not only about the teething babies, but also about more serious problems.
During the emergence of the first baby incisors it is necessary to provide him with sufficient drink, you are more likely to breast-feed him or offer water. The fact that the increased flow of saliva in your baby’s mouth leads to the fact that of the child’s body appears too large amount of fluid, taking into account this factor the main task of parents is to maintain the water balance of the baby.
During the eruption of teeth excessive salivation in infants can cause irritation of the skin. Adults need to constantly wipe his mouth and chin from saliva, and to perform such procedure should be gentle and soft. In the case that appeared on the skin rash, it is recommended to use anti-inflammatory agent.
At a time when the baby is teething, he is experiencing severe discomfort and pain. Parents should as often as possible to take the child in his arms, to stroke it and regret that will help to calm him down.
Medicines for children
Today in the pharmacy you can buy different medications, which help alleviate the condition of the child when teething. Among all the variety of the most effective are the following:
- DataNorm baby a homeopathic remedy that comes in the form of a solution. With its help it is possible not only to spare the child from pain, but also to eliminate various disorders of the intestine.
- Detoxing is a homeopathic remedy that is designed for use in children. Thanks to this drug fails to remove all unpleasant symptoms appearance of incisors in infants, including problems with the chair, fever and nasal congestion. You need to dissolve the pill in a teaspoon of water and offer it to the baby.
- Holisal — gel has analgesic effect, helps to get rid of the inflammation and destroy microbes. Parents should be aware that this drug may cause an allergic reaction in the form of a small burning.
- The dentinox gel or solution relieves pain and inflammation of the gums, and is considered quite safe even if the baby swallows a bit of money.
- Kamistad gel has an anesthetic, regenerating and anti-inflammatory effect. The basis of such remedies is chamomile extract and lidocaine, but not allowed for children under 3 years.
Unfortunately, gels and homeopathic remedies do not always help to alleviate the condition of children when teething they have teeth. With increased pain, it is recommended to give the child a pain reliever, given his age:
- Paracetamol for children in suspension helps to reduce temperature and eliminate the pain;
- Panadol available in suspension and candles, which is used especially in very young children;
- Nurofen contains ibuprofen, and its single technique helps for a long time to save the baby from pain.
At home you can prepare decoctions of such herbs as mint, sage, chamomile and Melissa. They possess anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, and it is recommended these teas to lubricate the baby’s gums.
To reduce the severity of the inflammatory process in the gums during teething can using a soda solution. To prepare 200 ml of boiled water add 5 grams of baking soda. After that, the finger wrapped around the gauze, moisten it in the soda solution and treated with gums. To carry out this procedure is needed several times a day until until unpleasant symptoms.
If signs of teething in infants 4 months parents should carefully watch their baby. Such a process causes the child severe discomfort and pain, so it is important to help him cope with this condition and to avoid various complications. In that case, if the cutters came in a newborn before 3 months, it is recommended to take him to a specialist. The fact that this may be a sign of endocrine disorders in the body.