Sore gums how to treat at home
If the sore gums how to treat at home — a very topical issue. The rhythm of modern life dictates its own rules: a person needs a lot of work, he is constantly in motion, personal time is limited. The body is under great strain and stress, as a result of the disease. People for various reasons postpone a visit to qualified doctors, it is a great mistake. Gum treatment at home is possible, but it is administered only after a visit to the dentist.
There are several common diseases of the gums. These include:
- Gingivitis — inflammation of the mucous membranes, without affecting the lower fabrics of the ligaments. With the pathology encountered adults and children. The main reason for the development of gingivitis believe a violation of the rules of personal hygiene to care for the oral cavity. Timely neticesinde food residues and pathogenic microorganisms calicivirus turn into hard stones. They densely adjoin to the walls of teeth at the base of the gums cause inflammation. Contributing factors in the development of gingivitis: an unbalanced diet, the presence in the menu of a large number of carbohydrate food, Smoking, abuse of coffee, strong tea. The disease most affected: adolescents in puberty, pregnant and lactating women, the ladies are in a climatic period, people suffering from endocrine disorders. Symptoms of gingivitis: bleeding, swelling, redness, tenderness of the gums, bad breath, soft pigmented plaque and hard deposits on teeth;
The disease gives their owners a lot of inconvenience, but not many of them are eager to visit the dentist. Using various folk and pharmacological agents, they are trying to help themselves. All these attempts have no result. The disease progresses, the symptoms become worse eventually, gingivitis turns into periodontitis.
- Periodontitis — inflammation of the tissues of the ligaments, impaired its functionality. Pathology is closely linked with the first disease and related causes, development and symptoms. Periodontitis is accompanied by the symptoms described above. In addition, the pathology seen in: increased soreness of the teeth, pocket formation, accumulation of purulent or serous content, denudation of roots, atrophy of the mucous membranes. On the middle and later stages of the disease appear: destruction of the ligaments of the tooth with the bone tissue, the mobility of the units, their loss. In identifying symptoms, contact your dentist. Self-treatment will cause progression of the disease. Complications of periodontitis: dental abscess, osteomyelitis, phlegmon, abscess;
Self-medication for diseases — dangerous omission of precious time and development of fully edentulous.
- Periodontal disease — the defeat of periodontal tissues, destruction of bone tissue and functionality of the ligamentous apparatus. The disease has no direct relationship with gingivitis and periodontitis, characterized by the absence of inflammatory processes in the tissues. The pathology is not fully understood. There is speculation regarding the reasons for its development. The main ones are: old age, genetic predisposition, endocrine disorders, neoplastic processes. The disease develops slowly in the early stages is practically not accompanied with inconvenience, no complaints from patients. In some cases, periodontal disease is detected by x-ray. Hardware survey shows the presence of tissue changes in the earliest stages, at a time when they are not visually detected the First symptoms of periodontal disease: the omission of the gums, exposure of the necks of the roots, soreness units at the base. As a rule, people are turning to dentists for 2 — 3 stage of the disease, when the symptoms become manifest and disrupt livelihoods. Despite the fact that the pathology develops slowly, it progresses. Completely it cannot be cured, but can be paused. People suffering from periodontal disease should be observed on a quarterly basis at the dentist and follow his recommendations. In the last stages of the disease, save teeth impossible. After removing the unit, hold the prosthesis.
Treatment of diseases in the clinic
Tactics of the doctor with periodontitis and gingivitis:
- The examination of the oral cavity by using dental mirror and probe.
- Removing stones and sediments. Hygienist or a periodontist can carry out the procedure manual or hardware method. In some cases the processing units by chemical means. They soften the stones, making them loose, subsequently easily removed by one of the above methods. In dentistry often use ultrasound scaler. It removes hard deposits in a matter of seconds. The procedure is virtually painless and has few contraindications. The advantages of the machine: gentle cleansing of debris and stones, without any injuries to teeth, maintaining the integrity of enamel, prevention of cervical caries.
- Polishing units with a special paste — the most enjoyable stage of treatment. After it, the unit becomes smooth and shiny.
At the request of the patient, the dentist applies the local anesthesia. However, in most cases, the removal of surface deposits is unpleasant, but not painful.
After treatment, the patient’s condition improves: eliminates bad breath, bleeding is reduced. Full recovery occurs only if the person complies with the recommendations of the doctor. After the procedure, the doctor explains how to implement hygiene, choose paste, brushes, rinses. If necessary prescribe a course of anti-inflammatory therapy, which is carried out by means of special gels, ointments, solutions, and applications.
For the treatment of periodontitis the use of surgical methods: open and closed curettage, gingival flap operations. Manipulation have good results. However, the procedures themselves are painful and are performed under local or General anesthesia. Operations require physician experience and skill. After the manipulation, control and supervision of a dentist, administration of antibacterial drugs.
Treatment of periodontal disease aims at the suspension of the pace of development of the disease. To confirm the diagnosis in the initial stages, carry out x-rays. On the middle and later stages, the pathology is determined visually. Therapy diseases: hygienic cleaning on a professional level, physiotherapy, massage, if necessary, the orthopedic splinting constructions. What to do at home to continue the therapy, tell the doctor.
It is strictly forbidden:
- Try to remove stones with abrasive products, sharp objects. To remove hard deposits alone will not work. Injury of the enamel, obtained as a result of inappropriate healing, will lead to the occurrence of dental caries;
- Bleach unit by using acids and alkalis. The action will burn the mucous membranes. In applying the method, children develop symptoms of poisoning hazardous substances: nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness, drowsiness. After this treatment, the person receives a lot of complications and exacerbates the diseases;
- Remove plaque with a nail file or a file;
- Rubbed into mucous aggressive juices of plants and vegetables. Onion, garlic, celandine — cause allergic reactions, cause burns, and poisoning.
How to treat gums at home?
The therapy is started immediately after a visit to a medical clinic. Subject to the recommendations of the doctor there are significant health improvement:
- Disappears bad breath;
- Eliminated periodontal pockets;
- Disappears bleeding of mucous membranes;
- An increase in the level of the gums to their normal values.
- Appears a snug fit to the mucous membranes of the necks of the units;
- Reduces the sensitivity of enamel at the base, eliminating the soreness;
- Reduced mobility.
With gingivitis, a course of therapy is 7 days, with periodontitis 2 — 3 weeks. If you do not follow hygiene procedures after recovery, sediment re-mineralized, the disease occurs again.
If it hurts the gums, you need to:
- To carry out rinsing treatment solutions. Best is soda-salt liquid. Infusions of flowers and herbs will benefit. Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory actions are: chamomile, oak bark, calendula. It is advisable to use special preparations: Miramistin, Chlorhexidine.
- To treat mucous analgesic, antiseptic, regenerating ointments: Holisal, Metrogil Denta, Parodium.
- Use medical toothpaste and mouth rinses.
- Brush your teeth 2 times a day, immediately after a meal. Use floss to clean interdental spaces. After the procedure, with the help of special brushes remove plaque from the surface of the tongue and inside of cheeks.
Irrigator — a true helper for people suffering from frequent inflammatory processes of the oral cavity. Using jets of water, it cleans the plaque and the accumulated micro-organisms from hard to reach places. The apparatus operates smoothly and efficiently. In addition to quality care, it provides massage mucous membranes, improves blood circulation. Stationary irrigator with removable nozzles, enables to use the device the whole family.
- Eat a healthy diet, no snacks. After taking any kind of food, spend rinse with clean water. Try to reduce the amount of consumed sweets, flour products, carbonated drinks. Fruits and vegetables that promote health: beets, garlic, onions, apples, quince, pear, plum. It is useful to introduce in the daily menu nuts and legumes.
- To abandon Smoking and taking alcoholic beverages. Cigarettes, drinks, having a painting effect (coffee, tea), pigment teeth, contribute to the formation of stones.
- Take a multivitamin complexes.
- The treatment dentist, physiotherapist.
- To massage the gums with the help of applicators or the fingers.
- To change toothbrushes every 2 — 3 months.
- To treat physical illness.
Diseases of the oral cavity is easier to prevent than to treat. To preserve health it is necessary to observe strict hygiene and to carry out preventive cleaning at the dentist every 6 months. Upon detection of the first symptoms of the disease, do not postpone visit to the doctor. The treatment at home, without the parallel therapy of the dentist briefly addresses the symptoms, promotes the progression of diseases.