Sore tip of tongue: what causes and treatment
Why hurt the tip of my tongue, and what diseases can be a symptom of this pathological condition? Often the defect of such a body reflects the condition of internal organs, and experienced language specialist can learn a lot about the patient. Severe pain cause erosions and ulcers, and to begin treatment immediately after the appearance of characteristic symptoms. To tell you why hurts the tip of my tongue and what to do in such a situation can dentist.
The causes of pathology
In fact, the tip of the tongue cannot begin to ache just. In most cases, this is a kind of signal of various disorders in organs and systems. In order to understand why pain tip of tongue should find out the reasons of such illness.
Causes of discomfort can be diverse, ranging from injuries of different nature and ending with cancer.
- Common cause discomfort on the tongue are injuries of varying severity. Surely everyone has encountered such unpleasant phenomenon, as the biting tip of the tongue during sleep or food. Immediately develops sharp pain, which is combined with increased lacrimation. Gradually the pain subsides, but gives again itself felt after some time. The main reason for the emergence of such pain is prolonged education microtrauma on the tip of my tongue.
- In some cases the tip of the tongue can ache with the development of allergic reactions. In this pathological state may develop additional symptoms such as a feeling of dryness and burning in the mouth and nose.
- One of the most common causes that provoke the appearance of discomfort on the tongue, is considered to be stomatitis. This disease causes the development of pain syndrome and forms an ulcer is whitish-yellow. The size of such wounds are not large and any expert will see them during the inspection. Experts say that if a sore tongue tip, the reasons for such a pathology can be psychosomatic in nature.
- The result of various problems with the digestive system becomes inflammation of the tissues of the language itself. Cause pain syndrome can insufficient intake the human body of vitamins and iron. Often the discomfort in the mouth and complain about smokers, because the tobacco particles are combined with the saliva cause irritation of the tongue.
- In that case, if a sore tongue tip, it may signal such a dangerous disease like cancer. Most often this symptom occurs in the later stages of the disease when the tumor can already be seen with the naked eye.
First aid for illness
For the purpose of effective treatment in situations when a very sore tongue tip, it is necessary to find out the cause of this pathological condition. In most cases, discomfort arises with sores or minor wounds, so we can use some recommendations.
The main purpose of first aid is a pain, and it can be done the following means:
- It is recommended to rinse the oral cavity with antiseptics, among which the most effective are Furatsilin and hydrogen peroxide. To prepare the solution required one tablet Furatsilina dissolve 200 ml of water and rinse your mouth cooked medium. The same pattern is prepared, and hydrogen peroxide, dissolving 3-4 cover in ½ Cup of water.
- For first aid you can use traditional medicine and apply on the tip of the tongue a little homemade ointments. To do this in a small container, mix one egg white and add ½ teaspoon of aloe boats. The resulting mass is applied on the tongue and leave for 30-40 minutes.
- In that case, if the salt syndrome is very pronounced, it is possible to process the tip of the tongue Lidocaine or Novocaine.
- Good effect gives rinse mouth with a solution made from oak bark or chamomile.
When providing first aid to the patient should be aware of the following rules:
- to achieve positive treatment results treatment should be done several times a day;
- you need to remember that the use of various herbs and drugs can cause an allergic reaction;
- the solution for processing the tip of the tongue should be at room temperature;
- after the procedure, you should refrain from eating or drinking for a while.
The appearance of slight discomfort in the area of language, it is recommended to seem to the experts who will conduct a thorough examination and, if necessary, select an effective treatment.
Features of treatment of this disease
It is important not only to get rid of the pain, but from the reasons which caused them. In most cases, the specialists assigned to conservative therapy, and only rarely resorting to surgery. Surgical intervention is carried out in the case if the cause of the discomfort become malignant tumors and glossitis.
In that case, if it hurts the tip of the tongue, the treatment is carried out using the following tools:
- Antimicrobial drugs used in situation when the cause of pain in the mouth become infection. Before performing the antibacterial treatment necessarily runs a test on the sensitivity of microflora. A treatment often prescribed antibiotics such as Cefixime, Pixim and Doxycycline.
- In that case, if the cause of the pain were the various micro and ulcers, to improve the condition of the patient is possible with the help of antihypoxants. These drugs help to restore the metabolic processes in the human body and thereby speed recovery.
- To the appointment antiseptic used as in infectious disorders and as a preventive measure. A good result given such drugs as Chlorhexidine, Furacilin and Vinicol. Antiseptic effect have and herbs such as chamomile, aloe and oak bark. In the absence of allergic reactions they can be used to relieve pain.
When the diagnosis of glossitis and stomatitis fungal origin can be prescribed antifungal agents. Such drugs should be taken only with the prescription of a specialist because they can cause health problems. If necessary, the pain in the region of the tip of the tongue can be assigned such as Nystatin, lamisil and Activin.
In addition, in the treatment of pain in the oral cavity can be used:
In order to choose the most effective treatment, one should first find out why my tongue hurts at the tip. Independently make it quite difficult, so you need to consult a doctor. It is recommended to consult with professionals such as dentist, endocrinologist, oncologist and neurologist.
The popular treatment
In that case, if the pain is on the tip of the tongue is not caused by serious diseases, to alleviate the condition, you can try using traditional medicine. At home we recommend the following tips:
- you can use hydrogen peroxide with a cotton swab and put it on the tip of the tongue, and to carry out this procedure it is necessary at intervals of one hour;
- gives good results rinsing the mouth with a solution made from salt and baking soda;
- you can hold it in your mouth a little sea buckthorn oil, but do not swallow it;
- it is recommended to rinse the mouth with infusions of herbs such as nettle, sage, celandine and chamomile.
In addition to ongoing treatment, it is recommended to give up such harmful habits as Smoking, excessive alcohol and junk food consumption. It is recommended to fill your diet with fruits and vegetables that contain necessary vitamins and minerals.
Piercing and pain
Often young people to maintain their individuality decide to pierce the piercing. After this procedure, patients often complain of painful sensations in the area of language, and this is normal. Piercing causes on small wounds, so pain is a necessary phenomenon during healing.
On the tip of my tongue is full of nerve endings, so the puncture causes discomfort and discomfort. After the procedure the patient may present with a small swelling of tissues and pain did not subside for several days. In that case, if the condition does not improve after a week and there is a strong pain pulsating nature, it is necessary to consult a specialist. The fact that the wound can get infected and in the absence of necessary medical care, may develop an abscess.
To carry out this procedure needs only an experienced master with the appropriate education. On the surface of the tongue are localized large artery damage which can trigger the development of various complications. In some cases it causes severe bleeding which can cause death of the patient.
To provoke pain at the tip of the tongue can various causes, and to assign effective treatment it is necessary to identify them. In order to prevent the emergence of unpleasant sensations in the mouth, you should visit the dentist regularly not only for dental treatment, but in prevention.