Sore tongue: reasons why sore treatment
Organs of mouth cavity are daily exposed to various external and internal factors, and therefore the question may arise: why hurt the tongue? Provoke unpleasant feelings may obvious factors and underlying causes that could threaten the health and life of man. It is worth to examine in more detail the main ones, and to familiarize with methods of their elimination and prevention.
Inflammation of the tonsils
Most often the reason that a person is ill the root of the tongue is an inflammation of the tonsils. This is lymphoid tissue, which provides protection against viruses and infections. Mainly affects the tonsils, which are located in the larynx. They increase in size become inflamed and in contact with pathogenic bacteria in the body. For example, unpleasant symptoms can occur when tonsillitis or pharyngitis.
The base of the tongue also has a tonsil. Inflammation of this area is less common when intensive disease may endanger life due to overlapping access of air.
Accompanying signs of inflammation are:
- temperature rise;
- sore throat;
- pain when swallowing;
- runny nose;
- swelling of the soft tissues of the larynx and tongue;
- the plaque on the right and left of the language.
To fix the problem is possible through treatment using medicines and folk remedies. The most effective are anti-inflammatory and antiseptic drugs or in severe cases – antibiotics. It is also useful to gargle with alkaline and salt solutions, to drink herbal infusions to fight infection and strengthen the immune system.
Inflammation of the tongue
Also provoke similar symptoms can inflammatory process that spreads directly on the tissues of the tongue — glossitis. If a person is not only my tongue hurts at the root, but the rest of him, it is difficult to speak and swallow, you need to go to the doctor. Such inflammation increases the risk of developing severe swelling that does not exclude the risk of choking. Furthermore, it is difficult getting any movement of the patient body. In the end people can’t talk or eat.
There are other symptoms:
- redness of the mucosa;
- the appearance of plaque;
- increased salivation;
- distortion or disappearance of taste sensations.
Glossitis can be a symptom of other diseases. For the purposes of treatment you must give blood and get tested. Primarily the therapy includes antibiotics and anti-inflammatories.
Complication some inflammatory processes can be a peritonsillar abscess. Including it develops when there is insufficient treatment of angina. The essence of the disease consists in the formation of abscesses in the area economincally tissue in the larynx. In the end, the language is really starting to hurt, often with one hand, but not ruled out the possibility of the development of bilateral abscess.
The symptom of pain is accompanied by:
- redness of the mucosa;
- plaque and ulcers;
- bad breath;
- the inability to move my tongue;
- high temperature;
- strong weakness;
- loss of appetite.
Often the patient tries to tilt your head to the side of inflammation. Due to the development of lockjaw becomes difficult communication and eating. Because of this, the patient experiences not only physical discomfort, weakness and severe psychological strain.
Treatment should be carried out immediately. For a rapid effect, produced an autopsy abscess. It is necessary to drain the pus and to secure drainage. To fight infection, apply antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs, is subject to regular treatment with antiseptics.
If standard treatments fail, for treatment of an abscess resort to removing inflamed tonsils, and running it from two sides.
If there is severe pain at the base of the tongue in the absence of a clear inflammatory process, suspicions point to neuralgia. Lesion of the glossopharyngeal nerve is more typical of adult men. It can provoke infection, and a simple cold or intervention in the area of the nerve.
The symptoms of neuralgia is explicit:
- strong shooting pains at the root of the tongue;
- the increased discomfort with movement of the body, talking, eating;
- the feeling of a foreign object in the throat;
- distortion of taste sensations;
- irradiation of pain in the ear, palate, neck, etc.;
- the impossibility of wide open mouth.
For the treatment of neuritis of the nerve nasopharyngeal, be sure to consult with your doctor. He will prescribe a course of anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant drugs, antidepressants, as well as adjuvants for enhancing the protective forces of the body. To delay going to the hospital is not necessary, as symptoms will only amplify that will make your life unbearable because of the constant painful lumbago.
A very common cause of discomfort becomes damage to the tongue by means of a mechanical, thermal or chemical effects. For example, when my tongue hurts on the side can be suspected damage teeth. To get injured in everyday life very easily:
- hot or spicy foods;
- medical manipulations in the oral cavity;
- biting, including during epileptic seizures;
- hit in the mouth with alkalis or acids;
- the inhalation of acrid vapours;
- injury due to fall, blow, combat, accident;
- mechanical foreign object damage, etc.
Burned mucosa often heals on their own, like minor scratches. This contributes to the high regenerative capacity of mucosal tissue, and exposure to saliva.
More serious wounds heal longer, so to prevent inflammation and speed recovery, you can use tools. For example, it is useful to rinse your mouth with antiseptic solutions, to drink herbal teas without sugar. In some cases, the use of ointments and lotions for oral tissues.
Sometimes you have to ask for help to the dentist. This is necessary in case the injury language is repeated several times due to the presence of defects of the bite, the sharp chipping of the teeth and improper installation of fillings and crowns, braces or dentures.
The most dangerous reason why my tongue hurts is cancer. Cancer cells trigger severe pains that are aching in nature and observed for a long time. Gradually added discomfort in the larynx, it becomes hard to swallow when tumor growth creates a sense of presence of a foreign body. Everything else the patient begins to rapidly lose weight, although the appetite is not disturbed always. May develop chronic fatigue and irritability.
When the fabric of a language rooting at the base, but obvious signs of inflammation, should immediately consult a otolaryngologist or even the dentist. After examination of the patient referred to the oncologist for a sampling of materials for tests. An extra reason for concern is the lack of therapeutic effect of anti-inflammatory drugs.
The detection of cancer, patient treatment modern methods of radiation and chemical therapy. The treatment process is associated with risks and a serious burden on the body, but with a favorable outcome are able to prolong human life at least 3-10 years.
It is much harder to cope with cancer if metastases have penetrated into the surrounding tissue and to get rid of them is impossible even through surgical intervention. In the end, the effort is aimed at slowing the spread of diseases and maximum prolongation of life of the patient.
Prevention of problems
To prevent such problems, you should pay attention to prevention. It eliminate the cause of pain is the basis for successful treatment.
- To prevent the development of inflammatory processes, efforts should focus on reducing risks of infection and immunity. To enhance the protective abilities of an organism it is important to eat right. In the season of colds add in your diet more vitaminosoderžaŝej products. Harmful meals is to exclude from the menu, as well as alcohol.
- So as not to damage the mucosa in the mouth, do not eat too spicy and hot food. Cold products also will benefit, as they can contribute to the development of catarrhal processes.
- If the language suffers from injuries to the teeth in the lateral part, to solve the problem simply. Just need to ask for help in a dental clinic. The form of the teeth, excess filling material, the position of the ortosistem – all of this you can adjust.
- To reduce the risk of irritation of the mucosa of the oral cavity and larynx, and also to prevent the development of cancer, give up Smoking. It is better to exercise and focus on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- To check the status of the oral cavity visit from time to time of the medical institution. It is important to not only pass inspection at the therapist and specialists shared values, but also at the dentist.
Control your health – is a guarantee of the prevention of serious diseases and the ability to identify problems in the early stages of their development!