Sore tooth after cleaning of channels: why and how much can it hurt
If a sore tooth after cleaning of the channels for a long time, you need to revisit the doctor, self-medication can only aggravate the situation.Often happens so that the more people afraid of the dentist, the closer he has to deal with it. For many, the visit to the doctor — a fatal number. Men all forces pulled him a visit to the last. Meanwhile, the same decay continues to spread down, getting to the pulp of the tooth. And then, if the tooth was ill so that does not give a minute to escape, a man runs to the doctor. Often pulpitis is transferred to the channels of the tooth, and then will have another unpleasant thing: the cleaning of the channels and their filling. The doctor handling the patient completely clears the canal of necrotic tissue of the pulp.
Indications for cleaning channels
Normally, the channels are completely filled with pulp — the pulp of the tooth. Inflammation she dies first. It consists of the lymphatic and nervous fibers, blood vessels, which together surrounded by connective tissue. The cleaning procedure of the canal from the pulp is called by the people the removal of the nerve, but the pulp consists not only of it. Pain in this procedure arise due to irritation of nerve fibers.
Cleaning of canals in dentistry is considered the most complex procedure. The channels aren’t visible, each person has their location individually. X-ray, of course, will help to get a General idea, but not until the end, to see the details it will not. The channel may be not one individual diameters and length. It turns out that the dentist must proceed with the cleaning of the channel to the touch, relying only on their experience. Naturally, cleaner is not enough.
Cleaning of the channels is assigned if:
- swollen and sore gums near the tooth, it is red and bleeding;
- if you have pulpitis near the gums sores or pus pimples, taste of pus in his mouth.
- even if no obvious symptoms, x-rays are detected in necrotic processes in the cavity of the tooth, they often do not give symptoms and last for years.
- exposed nerve in the tooth for any dental procedures;
- abscess in the tooth channel;
- damage to the pulp after a stroke or injury;
- the symptoms of pulpitis are evident, the pain is throbbing, pulsating, do not stop from taking drugs.
- periodontitis — the next stage of the process, the inflammation has moved to the root of the tooth and the bone, fever, pain, swelling.
Preparation for treatment
Cleaning of channels — the procedure is painful despite the local anesthesia, so you should not delude itself. But how much — depends on pain threshold. To get a good result from the treatment, the dentist needs to fill gradually and consistently.
- the nurse will prepare the oral cavity of the patient, and the doctor performs anesthesia;
- dental tissues with caries drilled, removed and part of healthy tissue to open access channels;
- then carry out the removal of diseased pulp with the nerve endings, so when the tooth is cleaned, many patients it stops hurting.
The essence of the procedure
After anesthesia, the tooth is isolated, this applies to a special rubber tape. The idea of the channel from the patient to the doctor is already at the x-ray picture. After removal of the pulp canal to expand so that there is a place for the laying of the material of the seal. To do this, today use ultrasound, which is safer obsolete mechanical expansion. Then the canals are cleaned with antiseptics and ultrasound, as well as medication for best adhesion (attachment) of the filling material. The fact that the dentin is porous, so there may remain nekrotizirovannye areas germs. If this is not done, the inflammation will develop again with increased symptoms. And only when the channel is completely cleared, can be sealed. Filling the end of treatment.
Sometimes requires pre-medication tab. Put temporary filling of the canals because the fillings in one appointment crowns and channel are prohibited for security purposes. In future visits to the dentist already sealed the crown of the tooth. Just need 2-3 visits to the clinic. As you can see, the purification of the channel — the process is very laborious.
Some doctors are not sealed to the channel immediately, but leave it open so that the decay products could go through the channels to the outside. Then, not to hurt, the patient should 3-4 times per day and after a meal to rinse your mouth with warm soda-salt solution, a decoction of herbs. When purulent process can be prescribed antibiotics (tetratziklinove series). When eating tooth hole gently lay a cotton swab and then rinse your mouth. After the end of anesthesia can be applied to the tooth propolis, which will immediately relieve the pain.
Stages of filling
First, measured the length of the channel is an important point, because the seal will fill the channel completely on the entire length, to the base of the root. In case of incomplete filling of the root canal here will settle pyogenic microflora and cause a purulent process in the form of abscess, cyst, gingivitis, pulpitis and periodontitis, and the tooth after brushing will hurt. Measure the length of the channels controlled by a special apex locator on the monitor. Constantly being verified with x-ray picture. Expansion of channels is carried out endodontic tips or ultrasonic.
Sealing is made by special material — gutta-percha, which then solidifies. The process is not only laborious, but is possible to say, blindly, that requires experience and high qualification of the doctor. To control the quality of work and determine the state of the tooth after cleaning of the channels you want to re-do the tooth. Toothache after чисткb channels occurs necessarily, especially after the end of the local anesthesia. The fact that in the cleaning process, even an ideal, necessarily touches the neuro-vascular bundle in the pulp, which causes pain. Pain in such cases, the normal last up to 3 days, and each day the pain decreases.
Why toothache after fillings? Reasons for this may be many, including poor job of the doctor, who was unable to close the channel a seal is fully or poorly cleaned it.
Causes of pain
The rehabilitation process after cleaning can take 3-4 weeks. The pain should steadily decrease. There are a number of reasons when this happens:
- Injury of the periodontal tissues.
- The human factor, which is expressed, for his own cowardice, the patient delayed treatment to the doctor and inflammation went on the periodontium. In such cases, even if the cleaning was immaculately clean, remain inflamed tissue of the periodontium, they have not gone away and continue to trouble the pain in the tooth. A sign of periodontitis — pain when pressure is applied. The doctor when brushing could simply not see.
- Idiosyncrasy of the materials used and medicaments. In such cases, the pain increase the symptoms of Allergy: itching, redness and swelling of the gums, the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
- The toothache, if it remained a fragment, then the wound should be cleaned again.
- Poor the filling in the tooth could remain Outlook tool, this could also include perforation of the root, the output of the filling material over the top of the tooth. Then to stop the pain just will not.
And pain when biting or pressure reduces the quality of life, because it violates the process of eating. Valid saving pain even up to 2-3 weeks, it still decreases. But if it is a few days becomes harsh, you must repeat the cleansing and filling of canals.
But in any case, pain after stopping for so long should not be, it is an indicator of trouble in the tooth. Inactivity is to be excluded, it is necessary to go back to the doctor and ask for another, but free treatment to save the tooth, not remove.
How does the pain after cleaning the channels
There are 3 kind of pain, which may be separate or combined:
- Increased sensitivity when biting — hypersensitivity each time, sharply painful.
- Pain when pressure is applied — these pains can occur when contact with hot, by themselves or toothache when pressed. Often at night they are amplified, there are pulsating, paroxysmal.
- Aching pain — it goes on constantly and does not stop.
What you can do at home
Attempts at self-treatment of such processes or heating of the tooth is not to be done: the pus may spread to the brain and blood. But some of the techniques before the visit to the doctor can use at home: gargle a solution of salt and baking soda, which you can drop 2-3 drops of iodine, it is necessary to pay attention to the result. You can also rinse decoction of herbs: chamomile, sage, calendula, you can apply a tampon moistened with infusion of Valerian or lemon balm. On a cotton swab, you can drop 2-3 drops of fir, or clove oil and apply to the tooth so as not to touch the gums, otherwise it will burn. To keep a tampon can be up to 10 minutes.
About applying ice when purulent process opinions differ. Special therapeutic effect it has. But applying a piece of ice at the point between the index finger and thumb on the healthy side, or just massage will help to relieve the pain. Among the alternative methods can be recommended massaging the ear on the affected side, massage the point under the nail on her left index finger, etc. Can be in pain and to take analgesics: Tempalgin, Nurofen, Analgin, Baralgin, Ketorol, Ketanov, Deksalgin.
You should know that after sealing of hot food and drink temporarily will have to abstain temporarily to chew my food more healthy side, give rest to the patient. Should abandon the sweet and sour food should be homogenized or in liquid form, Smoking is excluded in the period of rehabilitation completely.
The second appeal to the doctor
If re-treatment filling materials are usually extracted without a problem and the tooth will stop hurting after 1-2 days myself. So going to the doctor is necessary after sealing when the pain lasts for more than 2 weeks, and every day increases. These symptoms suggest that the tooth developing inflammation, purulent process is accompanied by release of gases in the process of vital activity of microorganisms, they press on the bone of the tooth and cause increased pain. When referring to the physician in these cases may be performed to remove the root of a tooth. If pain occurs fever, deteriorating General condition, it tells about the development of osteomyelitis or cellulitis of the soft tissues. Treatment while stationary.
A new seal is only under the control of x-ray to exclude complications and residual inflammatory process. Some doctors used a physical therapy in the form of phonophoresis with corticosteroids — hydrocortisone, UHF, ultrasound treatment (it relieves pain and inflammation), electrophoresis with anesthetics, microwave (waves reduce inflammation and swelling).
Do not skimp on choosing a clinic. It is better to overpay than for months then go on reception to an inexperienced dentist. There are so-called phantom limb pain — there is no tooth and the tooth hurts. This is because when you remove a always damaged in varying degrees, the surrounding tissues around the root.