Sores in the mouth of a child: ulcers, sores, treatment
Sores in the mouth of a child — the pathological education, which often bring the child a lot of discomfort. Inflammatory processes significantly impair the health of the child, do not allow him to fully eat. Depending on the factor causing the emergence of entities, the treatment will vary.
The causes of wounds on the mucous
Stomatitis — inflammation in the mucous membrane, resulting from the activation of conditionally pathogenic microflora. Disease cause: the fungi, viruses, bacteria.
Mouth ulcers in a child appear in the result:
- Violations of the rules of hygienic care of teeth and gums. The accumulation of food residues in the mouth after eating leads to the fact that pathological microorganisms begin to proliferate. The accumulation of pathogenic microbes and their metabolic products, reduces the protective function of the enamel and promotes tooth decay. Violation of hygiene leads to gum disease and lead to infectious processes in the mucous membranes.
- Trauma to mucous membranes as a result of wearing poorly installed braces, crowns, bridges. Seal, with overhanging sharp edges injure the cheek, causing the appearance of small but painful ulcers.
- Autoimmune diseases.
Habit of putting dirty hands and objects in mouth is the cause of infection mucous. The ingestion of microorganisms, in the presence of small wounds in the mouth, contributes to the appearance of the outbreak.
Allergy is one of the important causes of ulcers on the gums, tongue, palate. The pathological reaction develops after the contact of the organism with allergen. In most cases, they are: toothpastes, mouthwashes for the prevention of tooth decay and gum disease, food, of prosthetic.
Contributing factors in the development of diseases are: avitaminosis, treatment with antibacterial drugs. Fungal, oral thrush can be transmitted from a sick mother to baby during natural childbirth, breastfeeding. Some types of pathologies developing after the bite of blood-sucking insects.
Note to parents! Viral stomatitis is caused by a virus of influenza, varicella, parainfluenza herpes simplex, adenovirus. Diseases are acute, with the presence of a variety of unpleasant symptoms: pain in the mouth, fever, redness, swelling, dryness of the gums and mucous membranes, unpleasant smell when breathing and talking, the deterioration of health.
Viral infections are contagious to others. Therefore, if a family has a sick child, try to protect him from society, peers for some time. The kid needs to use a private towel, utensils, Cutlery and crockery items. If you suspect a disease having a viral nature, contact your dentist or pediatrician.
Manifestations of the disease
Depending on the nature of the disease, the pathology of occur with different intensity. They share some symptoms:
- A change of behavior. Infants first year of life, and chips up to 3 years, show concern, always crying. They become Moody, beg at the hands of parents. Older kids complain of pain, expressing their discomfort in words;
- Sleep disturbance, fever, swollen lymph nodes present in viral stomatitis;
- The increase in salivary fluid;
- Redness, swelling, dryness;
- The appearance of plaque;
- Formation of rashes in the form of bubbles, aft, vesicles, ulcers. Elements can be singular and plural, be placed not only on mucous membranes of cheeks and lips, but also on the tongue, gums, palate.
Depending on the extent of damage, identify the following types of stomatitis:
- Catarrhal — surface.
It is important! If the baby is constantly suffering from stomatitis, it is necessary to solve the problem fundamentally. In order to determine the root cause of the disease, visit the specialists: the dentist, immunologist, endocrinologist.
Saliva has a protective mechanism. In its composition it contains a special enzyme, lysozyme. He is able to destroy pathogens. Violation of the rules of personal hygiene, low immunity, frequent viral illness, decrease the body’s protective functions. Salivary fluid composition changes, it becomes more dense and viscous, worse cope with its functions. The child with a strong immune system is much less likely to develop thrush than those loosened crumbs.
The types of pathologies
Depending on the source of the disease are distinguished:
|Fungal or oral thrush.||Characteristic for weak newborns, infants. At risk include children, who are treated with antibacterial drugs. Initially in infants on the tongue and mucous membranes appear whitish bloom, easy-to-clean with gauze. After removing the plaque found inflammation, redness and mucous bleeding. White sores visible to the naked eye, after the hygienic processing around them for a short time formed a new loose white plaque.|
|Herpes stomatitis.||Occurs after contact with the ill person or contaminated objects. Routes of transmission: domestic, airborne. Pathology is the acute course. Suddenly the child begins to complain of pain in the mouth, the mucous membranes swell, appears redness, dryness, swelling, itching, tingling. Together with the listed signs of an increase in body temperature. A few hours later from the first clinical manifestations on the mucous membranes appear small bubbles filled with liquid. They can be single and multiple, located on the gums, inside the cheeks, lips. After a few days of education opened and in their place are ulcers — sores. Sores are very painful. Eating leads to their irritation, the result is pain helps reduce appetite the crumbs. Some guys completely give up foods and prefer to drink only water. Refusal of food in children the first year of life threat the rapid loss of body weight. With adequate treatment, sores in the mouth successfully treated within 7 -14 days|
|Allergic stomatitis.||Occurs as a result of effects on the body a certain aggressive factors of the environment. Every person has their allergen that can cause a negative reaction. In most cases, rashes and dermatitis prone children who have had atopic dermatitis. Negative factors that cause pathological reactions: tablets, toothpaste, mouthwash, antiseptic, regenerative and pain-relieving drugs ( gels and ointments). After exposure to the allergen, the reaction can occur immediately or some time later.|
|Bacterial stomatitis.||Develops as a result of the simultaneous action of several factors: trauma to the mucosa, allergic reactions, decrease in local immunity, licking dirty objects. Symptoms: your child complains of pain in the tongue, gums, there are signs of inflammation, after some time, there is a white sore — vesicle, which is called aftei. The formation of painful, often isolated, can reach quite large sizes. Aphthous stomatitis suffer most often adolescents, children of primary school age. Pathology is rarely accompanied by change in General health, increased body temperature, but it makes the baby restless and cranky. With proper treatment, the disease is completely cured within 7 — 10 days.|
|Vesicular stomatitis.||Has an unusual and interesting name hand — foot — mouth. The cause of the disease are Coxsackie virus, enterovirus 71 type. Transmission path — airborne. Outbreaks of disease are observed in preschool during the spring and summer periods. Symptoms: lethargy, irritability, sore throat, fever, skin rash appears on soles, palms. The child’s mouth formed small ulcers — abscesses. Despite the fact that pathology brings a lot of inconvenience, it rarely leads to complications.|
Care in case of illness
To establish an accurate diagnosis and treatment, you should visit your dentist or pediatrician.
General principles of therapy:
- Diet. Food should be fed premalatha and warm. Hard, sour, salty, sweet foods should be excluded from the menu at the time of the acute period. The perfect food is: cream soups, milkshakes.
- Observance of rules of personal hygiene. So as not to cause injury to mucous membranes, recommended for a few days to abandon brushing with a brush. Procedure replace the cleaning units clean gauze. After meals is recommended to rinse with warm antiseptic solution of Chamomile, oak Bark.
- Treatment of eczema ointments: Holisal, Kamistad, Instillagel Solcoseryl.
- When the temperature of body over 38. 5 ° and severe pain use Paracetamol, Nurofen. There are different forms of production of drugs: pills, syrups, suppositories. Before giving your child medication, carefully read the sheet of liner, make sure there are no contraindications. Never exceed the dosage of medicines, it will lead to dangerous complications.
- To improve the process of tissue regeneration, mucous membranes treated with oils of Rosehip, Chamomile, sea Buckthorn.
- The task of parents is to prevent dehydration. A sick baby should receive plenty of fluids (1 — 1.5 l). The perfect drink will become sour Apple compote, weak infusions of Chamomile, Rose. Besides drinks, you must offer easy-to-clean water.
Features of therapy
For the treatment of herpes apply antiviral tablets Valacyclovir, Famciclovir. To eliminate inflammation, carry out rinsing with a solution Miramistina treatment of foci of infection gel Viferon.
- Therapy kandidozhnykh lesions includes taking antifungal medications: Diflucan, Pimafucin, Nystatin, fluconazole. Good effect have: Levorinovuyu and Nystatin ointment, gel Miconazole.
- In patients with recurrent disease the appropriate use of vitamin therapy, drugs that increase immunity.
- If necessary, the dentist will prescribe an antibacterial drug: Amoxiclav, Sumamed, Lincomycin. You must remember that not every pathology is treated with the use of antibacterial agents. Never take these drugs without consultation with a specialist, it can lead to complications.
Mouth sores in children can occur due to different reasons. To determine the exact diagnosis and to appoint correct treatment, the dentist will help. The ineffectiveness of therapy and you feel unwell, inform your doctor.