Sores on tongue: causes, how to treat wounds and sores
As a result of unfavorable contact of the mouth with external stimuli, or in the development of diseases of internal organs can cause ulcers on the tongue. Provoke this phenomenon are many reasons, each of which is characterized by its severity. This process in no case should not remain without attention, and to monitor the violation of the integrity of the mucosa of the tongue must necessarily a doctor.
Sores on tongue surface
Sores on tongue outbreak is characterized by inflammation of erosive flow. In areas of existing damage, the patient may experience a burning sensation and become painful. Depending on the etiology , ulcers can occur under the following formations:
- rash, presented in the form of small bubbles;
- erosion ;
- cystic masses and seals;
- wounds with purulent or watery contents.
The localization is also important and in some cases gives some idea about the reasons of such violation.
Localization on the tongue
|Characteristics||The ulcers of the bottom of the vitreous visible to the irregular shape|
Localization — on the tongue
|Characteristics||The characteristic increased density of education|
Localization across the surface of the language as well as in other areas of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity
|Characteristics||Under normal stomatitis ulcers color can be white, with viral yellow. Also frequent cases of ulcers occur red hue. Herpetic stomatitis is characterized by predominant localization in the lower part of the tongue. The erosion of fuzzy outline with serous contents|
Localization — side language
|Possible cause||Cancerous tumors|
|Characteristics||Side ulcerative process has fuzzy contours, lumpy bottom, and is characterized by frequent bleeding|
Consider starting clinical manifestation is possible already at the first visual inspection of the mouth, that is why it is important to carry out this action every day. To say about the development disorders may have such characteristics:
- the appearance of bumps and bumps on the mucous surface of the tongue;
- feeling pain and discomfort while talking or eating, especially after the increasing use of sour or hot foods;
- burning sensation and redness of the inflamed area;
- the appearance of profuse salivation;
- the occurrence of unpleasant smell from the mouth;
- the increase in body temperature.
These symptoms may be complex or single. In any case, it is important to know what is ulcer on the tongue and how to treat this pathology. It is necessary to consult a doctor and be diagnosed.
What are the causes of ulcers on mucous membrane of tongue
Ulcer on the tongue is enough of a reason, most often they are caused by the following factors:
- the occurrence of stomatitis and other diseases of the oral cavity;
- the presence of pathology of internal organs;
- the manifestation of allergic reactions;
- mechanical damage to the mucosa.
Causes and treatment erosive processes are closely related. Depending on what the etiology of the appearance of ulcers on the tongue stands out a different color of the wounds, their localization and, therefore, therapy.
If there is an ulcer on the tongue and the cause is unknown. Often in this case it lies in the development of stomatitis. Here there are several types of this:
|Aphthous stomatitis.||Aphthae or ulcers on the tongue are both single and multiple clusters. Sores very much disturbed during conversation or eating. At that point there will be severe pain and significant discomfort. In the appointment of a competent treatment of such a disease can be cured in a week. In the case of the neglect of the mouth, the disease can become chronic and take years, during which you can see wounds on the tongue appear and disappear.|
|Stomatitis Candida.||Otherwise, it is referred to as thrush. This files most often appears in infants, but also occurs in adults. For thrush, white ulcers, and myself the mucous membrane of the mouth coated with the identical coating. With this defeat there are ulcers, but the causative agent of the disease are fungi of the genus Candida. White sore brings a lot of discomfort and pain. In order not to aggravate the clinical severity of need time to heal ulcers.|
|Herpetic stomatitis.||The causative agent is the herpes virus. During the inflammatory process by visual inspection of the mouth, on the tongue you can see all the familiar cold sores. Abnormal formations do not have a clear path, they are localized most often at the bottom of the tongue and in the sky. In the resulting ulcer bubbles have a liquid gray.|
|Stomatitis with the usual manifestations.||In this case, the patient may be one ulcer, or the quantity can reach several formations. Sores, typically have a film of gray-yellow or white.|
|Gingivostomatit.||During exhaustion of the body and reducing the immunity to talk about the development of necrotic stomatitis. In this pathological process characterized by inflammatory erosive lesions in the oral cavity. The wound is uneven, painful with a greenish tint. Recognize disease can these symptoms:
In addition to stomatitis, it is possible to allocate some reasons of occurrence on the tongue sores:
- Bednar’s Aphthae. This disease frequently affects children under the age of 10 years. The adult is quite rare. They are formed as a result of insufficient oral hygiene or complete lack of it. Small ulcers with a yellow tinge.
- Aftos of Seton or recurrent necrotic periadenita. This disease is very specific. In the course of its flow under the tongue there are seals, which will eventually form ulcerative lesions. By visual inspection you can see that volume summarized of education have raised edges, and in each such infiltration is present sore, filled with blood, lymph and cellular debris. It is also possible the formation of plaques on the side of the tongue, on the inner side of the cheeks and lips. The disease brings a burning pain that runs extremely hard, and treated about 2-3 months.
If sores on the mucous surface of the tongue appeared, in addition to the defeat of this body, can be involved in the pathological process also gums and inner surface of the cheeks.
The result of the injury
Very often, ulcers may appear in the case of injury to the mucosa of the tongue. This could include such damage:
- accidental bite of the tongue teeth;
- installing low-quality prostheses;
- the sharp edge of the installed seal;
- using a very hard toothbrush and getting mechanical mucosal injury of the surface;
- damage as a result of mechanical trauma Cutlery;
- improper installation of the braces (the device for the correction of dental occlusion);
- irritation of the mucous membrane of the tongue taking certain groups of drugs;
- non-professional dental treatment.
In this case, the resulting sores on tongue heal fast enough. The process can be exacerbated if there are other lesions of the oral cavity. The main thing to choose the right care and prevent complications.
If the body is «raging» infection and develop the disease condition, this can contribute to lowered immunity and the emergence of clinical manifestations in ulcerative processes of the mucous membrane of the tongue. Very often this can contribute to the following diseases and disorders:
- syphilis and HIV infection;
- a deficiency of vitamins in the body;
- education allergic reactions in response to the action of the allergen;
- the presence of malignant or benign tumors;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Also, the cause may be failure to observe hygienic measures in the oral cavity.
Treatment of ulcers
How to cure a sore on tongue? This question is raised by many patients, faced with a similar problem. Before treat ulcers at home by yourself, it is recommended to go to the dentist, which will help to identify the cause of the symptom and give the necessary instructions. For example, if the ulcer was provoked by sexually transmitted diseases, appropriate patient referral to the venereal disease, and if aphthous stomatitis you need to consult a gastroenterologist.
In any case, therapeutic measures can be based on such actions:
- the elimination of the main disease, which triggered the sores;
- to stop pain, your doctor may prescribe analgesics or local Anastasiya drugs;
- the use of ointments for rapid regeneration of the mucous membrane of the tongue;
- treatment of wounds with Lugol’s iodine or other antiseptics;
- the appointment of anti-inflammatory or antimicrobial therapy;
- assign complex vitamins to strengthen the immune system;
- the use of antifungal drugs;
- surgical intervention for excision of the ulcerative process in the most severe cases.
As soon as the sores begin to heal can be assigned additional ways of treatment of this pathology.
The use of folk methods
Getting the advice of a doctor about how to cure erosive process, it is possible to turn to traditional medicine to accelerate the healing process of ulcers on the tongue. However, in this situation, you need to always remember that this method is used as an auxiliary, and in any case it should not replace the primary medical therapy. For the treatment of oral home-cooked drugs used a variety of plants with medicinal properties. Here are the most effective herbs:
- sage leaves;
- oak bark;
- St. John’s wort;
- thyme, etc.
The use of decoctions and infusions for rinsing the mouth has good anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic effect. This all prevents the growth of bacteria and stops inflammation. To apply such a remedy for rinsing is recommended to 5 times a day. Knowing what to do in such a situation, you can speed up the healing process.
Each sore on the tongue requires attention. Even the most innocuous process it is necessary to seek medical help. After receiving the doctor’s recommendations for treatment, be sure to observe the hygiene of the oral cavity and avoid those trigger factors, from which are formed ulcerative processes.